Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin is not currently running error not fixed by ultimate fix

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin is not currently running error not fixed by ultimate fix Empty Origin is not currently running error not fixed by ultimate fix

Post by Guest Mon 16 Oct 2017, 08:13

A while ago, my Sims 4 game was working completely fine. I followed all the steps in the install guide when installing. However, recently I've been getting the "Origin is not currently running" error. I tried installing the current ultimate fix, but it didn't do anything. I don't have Origin, and I don't think getting it would fix this, but if you think it might, I'll try that. I'm really clueless as to what to do here, it worked fine a while back.

//EDIT

I tried turning off my antivirus and reapplying the .dll files this morning. Didn't work.

Back to top Go down

Origin is not currently running error not fixed by ultimate fix Empty Re: Origin is not currently running error not fixed by ultimate fix

Post by Guest Mon 16 Oct 2017, 15:01

Hi there and welcome to the forum~

I'm assuming your latest update was from a post I just recently reply to? Lol. If it's not, then oops!. I'm sorry to hear that does not fix the origin error. Also, 

I tried installing the current ultimate fix
I'm hoping that you actually do not have any DLCs installed if you install the ultimate fix, which will delete your current DLCs. 

Seeing that your game runs fine before, you can check if any of the crack items are quarantined as well. And no, you do not need Origin to run this game.

Back to top Go down

Origin is not currently running error not fixed by ultimate fix Empty Re: Origin is not currently running error not fixed by ultimate fix

Post by Guest Mon 16 Oct 2017, 15:26

Oops I meant the update-only fix- that doesn't actually delete your EPs, does it? It didn't seem like it for me. I'm honestly just tempted to manually uninstall and reinstall it, but I'll check if it's quarantined in anything

//EDIT

I checked, it isn't quarantined.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Oct 2017, 15:32

Hey,

The update-only fix is actually the ultimate fix so your DLCs will be gone actually. To fix it, you can just copy + paste the RldOrigin.ini from your Toddler's Stuff to your Game\Bin. 

The origin error has pop up recently of late, but mostly to Win10 users from what I saw. If you do decide to re-install it, then make sure your anti-virus and windows defender, for the safest 'course of action', turn off.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Oct 2017, 15:39

Oh, okay, thank you for telling me! I think I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling, I'll post here whether it works or not afterwards. I'm Windows 8, so I'm not sure why it's happening to me if it's happening to mostly Windows 10 users. Windows Defender is turned off, and so is my antivirus, so I hope this will work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Oct 2017, 15:41

Of course, do take your time and there's no need to rush. Surprised 
Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Oct 2017, 18:14

R4GN0R0K wrote:Oh, okay, thank you for telling me! I think I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling, I'll post here whether it works or not afterwards. I'm Windows 8, so I'm not sure why it's happening to me if it's happening to mostly Windows 10 users. Windows Defender is turned off, and so is my antivirus, so I hope this will work.
When you have Windows 8 64-bits, try to start your game with TS4_x64.exe from your install folder The Sims 4\Game\Bin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Oct 2017, 22:02

Polarbear wrote:
R4GN0R0K wrote:Oh, okay, thank you for telling me! I think I'm going to try uninstalling and reinstalling, I'll post here whether it works or not afterwards. I'm Windows 8, so I'm not sure why it's happening to me if it's happening to mostly Windows 10 users. Windows Defender is turned off, and so is my antivirus, so I hope this will work.
When you have Windows 8 64-bits, try to start your game with TS4_x64.exe from your install folder The Sims 4\Game\Bin.
That's what I've been doing, and it's not working.

I reinstalled it completely, and it still isn't working.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Oct 2017, 15:06

R4GN0R0K wrote:That's what I've been doing, and it's not working.

I reinstalled it completely, and it still isn't working.
Hey,

Sorry to heat that the origin error still pops up. This is a long shot but try moving your Sims 4 folder to the desktop instead and see if that works. Else, I'm sure you've saw ZLOrigin here at this forum, you can give that a try.

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t30092-zlorigin-made-simple

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Oct 2017, 17:55

Once again:
The 5 reasons for the Origin is not running error are:

1. Your installation folder still is in a folder called Electronic Arts (MOVE it out and not COPY)
2. Your anti-virus has disabled the crack rld. dll or RldOrigin.dll in the Game\Bin folder
3. Origin is somewhere active on your computer, close all instances.
4. You copied TS4 or TS4_x64 to your desktop instead of creating a shortcut
5. Your installation folder (or a copy of it) still is within a folder called Electronic Arts or Origin Games

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Oct 2017, 22:08

Polarbear wrote:Once again:
The 5 reasons for the Origin is not running error are:

1. Your installation folder still is in a folder called Electronic Arts (MOVE it out and not COPY)
2. Your anti-virus has disabled the crack rld. dll or RldOrigin.dll in the Game\Bin folder
3. Origin is somewhere active on your computer, close all instances.
4. You copied TS4 or TS4_x64 to your desktop instead of creating a shortcut
5. Your installation folder (or a copy of it) still is within a folder called Electronic Arts or Origin Games

Hello. I just had to register.

I'm experiencing the same problem, started yesterday, suddenly a tad after installing CC's. I've tried re-enabling and disabling and it doesn't help one bit.
This is a problem that I recall happens to the crack eventually, sometimes maybe in cycles (seems like it does). In my logic, it seems more plausible that EA has coded some sort of anticrack into their game or somehow something in the game itself manages to mess up the crack.

And no. My folder is in my G:\Games (moved already), I don't have an antivirus that would disable a crack without my consent (it is disabled anyhow when gaming), I don't have Origin installed, not even registry files, not on installed. That fourth one is just nope.
And nope.

Already quit playing Sims 4 once due to these problems, seems like that's what I have to do again *sigh*
just had the cutest lil toddler

So, the problem seems to be in the game itself. Not the crack, but there must be some fishy EA stuff going on that manages them to get the cracks broken.

EDIT: Managed to get it running after 200 "run as admin"-clicks and now the game is in spanish. Man I love this ****.
EDIT2: Can't swap it back to english in RldOrigin, refuses to run Very Happy Same error as before

Last edited by smeag on Tue 17 Oct 2017, 22:30; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : addition)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Oct 2017, 15:06

Hi @smeag and welcome to the forum! Smile

EDIT: Managed to get it running after 200 "run as admin"-clicks and now the game is in spanish. Man I love this ****.
EDIT2: Can't swap it back to english in RldOrigin, refuses to run Origin is not currently running error not fixed by ultimate fix Icon_biggrin Same error as before
Should your game run in Spanish, after I'm assuming you've installed Toddler's stuff, download and apply the fix below to your Sims 4 folder:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t31459-the-sims-4-error-code-3-game-starts-unexpectedly-in-spanish-fix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Oct 2017, 16:10

smeag wrote:
EDIT2: Can't swap it back to english in RldOrigin, refuses to run Very Happy Same error as before

When you can't save an altered file like RldOrigin.ini, go to the Bin folder, rightclick on it, select Properties, uncheck Read-only, Apply and OK
Then try again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top