Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should I replace "Get to Work"s files with "Get Together"?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Should I replace "Get to Work"s files with "Get Together"? Empty Should I replace "Get to Work"s files with "Get Together"?

Post by Guest Mon 16 Oct 2017, 08:57

Hi. 
I have just downloaded everything I need to according to the guide, (from the base game to toddlers and vampires). Like the installation guide said, I put Get to Work's files in my Sims 4 folder. I put it in the "Bin" folder because that's where the .exe file is located (is that a separate issue?). 

Now, the installation guide said to put Get Together's files into there as well, and select Copy and Replace. I don't know if this was with the older version of Windows or what, but I have Windows 10 and there isn't such an option. Do I just replace the files?

All it's letting me do is:
Replace the files
Skip the files (not putting them into the folder)
and 
Let me decide for each file (I have to choose one or the other).

What do I do?

Mod edit: moved to the right section.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Should I replace "Get to Work"s files with "Get Together"? Empty Re: Should I replace "Get to Work"s files with "Get Together"?

Post by Guest Mon 16 Oct 2017, 12:11

Copy/Paste the files and folders from the various downloads to your install folder, such as C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4 and NOT to C:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin.

Replace existing files with the same name.

Back to top Go down

Should I replace "Get to Work"s files with "Get Together"? Empty Re: Should I replace "Get to Work"s files with "Get Together"?

Post by Guest Mon 16 Oct 2017, 12:31

Thanks! I assume I should do that with the other files too?

//EDIT

So I've just put the "Get to Work" files into "The Sims 4" file and replaced the files there. I have the following files still in my Bin. Should they still be there?

_Installer
Core
Data
FP01
Game
GP02
Python
res
SP01
SP02
SP03
SP04
Support

Again, thanks so much

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Oct 2017, 15:09

Hi @TechnoCatt ,

I'm curious about your post title firstly. Are you saying you installed Get to Together first and THEN Get to Work? If so, that order is wrong. Do follow the guide here closely.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly
Secondly, seeing from your list of folders, it seems you missed out EP01 and GP01 (Get to Work). If they're missing, the game will not run properly. And adding to this :

I have the following files still in my Bin. Should they still be there?
When you have installed all the way till Toddler's Stuff, your installation folder should look like this:
Click to show image:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Oct 2017, 18:00

TechnoCatt wrote:Thanks! I assume I should do that with the other files too?

//EDIT

So I've just put the "Get to Work" files into "The Sims 4" file and replaced the files there. I have the following files still in my Bin. Should they still be there?

_Installer
Core
Data
FP01
Game
GP02
Python
res
SP01
SP02
SP03
SP04
Support

Again, thanks so much
GP02 comes from Get Together as wel as all the SP folders.
Presuming you have installed Base, Get To Work and Get Together:
No, that's not correct, somewhere I'm missing the folders Delta, EP01, EP02 and GP01
Python, Core and res sould be in Game\Bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Oct 2017, 22:22

Okay, thanks but what should be in the Bin folder, and what shouldn't?

And I installed Get to Work first, not Get Together, like the guide says.

I've got all the files I need, I'm just a bit confused since I put them in "Bin" and then I put them in "The Sims 4" (Get Together is out of the picture right now, I just need help with this)

Here's a picture of the folders in my Bin folder

Edit: I can't post a picture??

Edit 2: I've looked in folders like the Support and Installer (the ones in Bin) and they're empty, except for more folders. Should I just delete them? 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Oct 2017, 10:03

Hi @TechnoCatt,

It looks like you made a mistake the first time when you moved Get To Work into the Bin folder. My advise for you would be to start the installation over from scratch so you're 100% certain there are no wrong files in the wrong folder. All of the DLC should be placed in the The Sims 4 folder and nothing should be pasted into the Bin folder.

It will take some time, but I believe this is the safest solution. Just follow the guide to the letter and it should work.

As for you original question, you can use ctrl+click while dragging the files to the destination folder to copy them. Or, you can drag them with your right mouse button, this will also give you the option to copy them. Then when prompted, choose "Replace the files".

Hope this helps and good luck!

Back to top Go down

Should I replace "Get to Work"s files with "Get Together"? Empty Sims 4 Loads then freezes computer

Post by Guest Wed 18 Oct 2017, 11:31

Thank you!!

//EDIT

Hi!

I've completely installed everything as the guide said to. When I first loaded it everything was fine, but when it was showing what toddler's had to offer, everything froze. I tried going to other tabs, but that didn't work. I restarted my computer, started it up again, and it froze again. I tried loading TS4.exe (my computer is 64 bits) but that also didn't work.

I've installed the error code 3 fix too.

Any suggestions?

Mod edit: merged topics.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Oct 2017, 11:37

What you can do now:
Delete the existing folder Game from your install folder
Open the extracted G4TW download for Fitness
Copy the folder Game to your install folder
Open the extracted G4TW download for Toddler Stuff
Open the folder Game\Bin, copy RldOrigin.ini and Default.ini and paste it in your install folder Game\Bin.
Now start the game as an Administrator.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top