Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"Windows has stopped responding" when I click to load a town. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

"Windows has stopped responding" when I click to load a town. [SOLVED] Empty "Windows has stopped responding" when I click to load a town. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 27 Jan 2018, 18:08

Hi! 

Long time G4TW fan, first time poster.

I got a new PC in September. The game worked fine for a few months, and I played until I got bored, so I left it for a few months.

I got 'the urge' to start up again this week - only to receive the message that "windows has stopped responding" when I click to load a town.

I've tried EVERYTHING. Applying DEP settings, removing mods/cc, clearing caches, adjusting the video card settings, re-cracking, re-patching and a complete clean re-install.

I'm at a loss at what to do - I don't understand why it worked, and now it just won't - I've never had this issue before, so I'm completely stuck! It feel's like I've tried everything that's recommended online, but thought I'd post anyway.... any ideas? (PLEASE!) 

Many thanks to who ever can work out what's going on - I'll be forever greatful!

Back to top Go down

"Windows has stopped responding" when I click to load a town. [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Windows has stopped responding" when I click to load a town. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 27 Jan 2018, 18:50

Have you tried giving the folder Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 another name, such us The Sims 4_old ?

Back to top Go down

"Windows has stopped responding" when I click to load a town. [SOLVED] Empty Re: "Windows has stopped responding" when I click to load a town. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 27 Jan 2018, 19:01

chloew wrote:Hi! 

(...) adjusting the video card settings, 

Hello and welcome to the Forum @chloew,

For clarification, by "adjusting the video card settings", do you mean what is described here?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21716-excessive-frame-rendering-in-the-sims-3-updated-on-16-12-2015
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Jan 2018, 19:14

apologies. No. What I mean was I've adjusted the graphic rules txt to get it to recognize my geforce 950 card. However it was crashing before I done this.

Thanks for your help ☺️

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 27 Jan 2018, 20:05

chloew wrote:apologies. No. What I mean was I've adjusted the graphic rules txt to get it to recognize my geforce 950 card. However it was crashing before I done this.

Thanks for your help ☺️

OK, you should still do the procedure that I linked in my previous reply.  Very Happy  Going to be easier for you, since you have an NVIDIA card, and the procedure linked focuses mostly on NVIDIA...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 27 Jan 2018, 23:06

oops. sorry! 

have done that, but the problem persists.

//EDIT

hi again!

Have managed to resolve the issue - I left off a " when adjusting the graphic rules thing... whoops!

However, I put my mods folder back in - that contains the store content collection by the G4TW team - and the same thing happened. Very odd - It's never happened before, so I'm going to try re-downloading it. I can't find anything when I search for it, so I'm sure it's an error caused by myself!

Thanks again for your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 28 Jan 2018, 22:56

chloew wrote:oops. sorry! 

have done that, but the problem persists.

//EDIT

hi again!

Have managed to resolve the issue - I left off a " when adjusting the graphic rules thing... whoops!

However, I put my mods folder back in - that contains the store content collection by the G4TW team - and the same thing happened. Very odd - It's never happened before, so I'm going to try re-downloading it. I can't find anything when I search for it, so I'm sure it's an error caused by myself!

Thanks again for your help!

You don't happen to recall, what exactly you edited in the graphics settings? Very Happy  Also, I don't think that re-downloading the store collection will make a difference; if you haven't downloaded it yet, I would suggest you hold off for the moment.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Jan 2018, 23:25

I don't exactly. This was adding my video card but I can't remember anything specific - sorry!

You were right though. I just re-extacted the store torrent and threw it back in to mods. All sorted.

Thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 29 Jan 2018, 01:05

chloew wrote:I don't exactly. This was adding my video card but I can't remember anything specific - sorry!

You were right though. I just re-extacted the store torrent and threw it back in to mods. All sorted.

Thanks again!

It's OK.  Carlos is tha man

Have fun with the game, and don't hesitate to get back in touch with us again anytime you need more Support. Problem solved, topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top