Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 stopped responding. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 stopped responding. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 stopped responding. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Thu 24 Jul 2014, 19:48

I started Sims 3 nearly after 5 months. First I opened the Launcher and encountered a similar problem of not responding and windows forces me to close the program, after a span of 5 to 6 hours i re-launched and then it worked all fine. i played for 2.5 hrs. 
Today i launched it and faced the same problem of Not responding. It was only yesterday it worked fine no new cc were installed. I don`t know what to do, I`ve tried running it windowed mode, checked my drivers, checked for updates of Sims 3, but everything turned out to be a failure.

It does nt go past loading screen. it takes much time for the world to load and then freezes. scratch 

I`ve nearly 10 CC installed, i did not delete them, coz i don't know what the original problem is, as it worked normally yesterday. 

Pls do show me a solution for this.

I`m using Windows 8.1 and my drivers are up-to-date.

Question

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 stopped responding. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 stopped responding. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 26 Jul 2014, 03:52

Baggiee wrote:I started Sims 3 nearly after 5 months. First I opened the Launcher and encountered a similar problem of not responding and windows forces me to close the program, after a span of 5 to 6 hours i re-launched and then it worked all fine. i played for 2.5 hrs. 
Today i launched it and faced the same problem of Not responding. It was only yesterday it worked fine no new cc were installed. I don`t know what to do, I`ve tried running it windowed mode, checked my drivers, checked for updates of Sims 3, but everything turned out to be a failure.

It does nt go past loading screen. it takes much time for the world to load and then freezes. scratch 

I`ve nearly 10 CC installed, i did not delete them, coz i don't know what the original problem is, as it worked normally yesterday. 

Pls do show me a solution for this.

I`m using Windows 8.1 and my drivers are up-to-date.

Question

Hello,

Please check out my solution in the following thread:

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17208-sims-3-has-stopped-working

Do everything that is described there, and let me know if anything of that improved your game. Good luck !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 stopped responding. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 stopped responding. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jul 2014, 12:02

I have encountered the same problem, I've done everything Carlos have written in that thread but nothing works. I've tried the Ultimate Fix, didn't work either. It only worked when I changed fullscreen = 1 to 0, but I really want to play in fullscreen  Crying or Very sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 29 Jul 2014, 18:35

Nothing Worked its still the same. I re installed everything and applied new crack tooo.
but no use.

i observed dedicated memory of my display device is 0 MB.
Some thread over search told it will create such problem for games. I don't know.
But it never created any pbm like this.
I played this game like forever with same settings.

What can i do?
 Help

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 29 Jul 2014, 21:49

Baggiee wrote:Nothing Worked its still the same. I re installed everything and applied new crack tooo.
but no use.

i observed dedicated memory of my display device is 0 MB.
Some thread over search told it will create such problem for games. I don't know.
But it never created any pbm like this.
I played this game like forever with same settings.

What can i do?
 Help

I'm, sorry to hear that my solutions didn't work for you, but other than that, I'm afraid there isn't much else to suggest...have you tried running the game with the TS3W.exe, in the base game location ? 

Right-click on the TS3W.exe and choose "run as Administrator". Also, out of interest, have you also started a FRESH savegame, with new sims ? If so, does the same happen there too ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Jul 2014, 10:59

i`ll try it.

Yes its a new game. 
i have deleted and installed everything. 

something here caught my attention.
My windows 8 OS has two user accounts, both are admin`s. this game is particularly not working in my regular account. I tried opening it in another account and it worked well and i played too.
 Smile 

It totally unfathomable. I don't know what the problem is with this user account.

Any way thanks for the suggestion i`ll try running TS3W.exe

Thank you

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 31 Jul 2014, 01:02

Baggiee wrote:i`ll try it.

Yes its a new game. 
i have deleted and installed everything. 

something here caught my attention.
My windows 8 OS has two user accounts, both are admin`s. this game is particularly not working in my regular account. I tried opening it in another account and it worked well and i played too.
 Smile 

It totally unfathomable. I don't know what the problem is with this user account.

Any way thanks for the suggestion i`ll try running TS3W.exe

Thank you

Hello again,

Next thing to try: how much free space do you have left on your C: drive ? Please make sure to free up some space if necessary, AND make sure to defragment the hard-drive too. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 04 Aug 2014, 18:44

I`ve around 25 GB space in my C: 

I tried running TS3W but same pbm. I tried with razor game booster too.
Its not working.

Thank You

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 06 Aug 2014, 13:48

Baggiee wrote:I`ve around 25 GB space in my C: 

I tried running TS3W but same pbm. I tried with razor game booster too.
Its not working.

Thank You

So can you still play the game in the Administrator account then ? If you can, tehn I would leave it - for now - as it is, since I'm slowly running out of explanations ... also, if you are playing on a laptop, this might also be a reason: laptops aren't made for gaming purposes, usually at least.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Aug 2014, 08:03

Yes My game is still working good with my admin account. 

i think its not the pbm with game may be i`ve a pbm with my user account.

Anyways Thank you soo much for your help.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 11 Aug 2014, 17:29

Baggiee wrote:Yes My game is still working good with my admin account. 

i think its not the pbm with game may be i`ve a pbm with my user account.

Anyways Thank you soo much for your help.

Well, at least you can "somehow" play the game. Smile  Feel free to open a new thread, whenever you like, if you have another problem. Until then: have fun ! Topic closed.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top