Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Safe or unsafe to log into sims account?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Safe or unsafe to log into sims account? Empty Safe or unsafe to log into sims account?

Post by Guest Sat 01 Sep 2018, 01:13

I didn't find any reference to this anywhere so I made an account to ask:  is it safe to log in through the Sims 3 launcher if I'm using the cracked version from here?  Or would it be best to not do so?

Back to top Go down

Safe or unsafe to log into sims account? Empty Re: Safe or unsafe to log into sims account?

Post by Dracos66 Sat 01 Sep 2018, 01:29

SophieRipley wrote:I didn't find any reference to this anywhere so I made an account to ask:  is it safe to log in through the Sims 3 launcher if I'm using the cracked version from here?  Or would it be best to not do so?

If you have at least one legit (non-cracked) Sims 3 EP/SP, and/or legit base game, then you can log in with no problems. I would advise against auto-updating as the Origin only 1.69 patch can cause issues with the game.

If all your games are cracked then I would advise not logging in.
Dracos66
Dracos66
G4TW RETIRED Moderator
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderator Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows Vista
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : AOE I,II,III; Diablo ; Diablo II:LOD ; Spellforce ; Neverwinter Nights ; Planescape Torment ; Sims 1,2 ,3 & 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Safe or unsafe to log into sims account? Empty Re: Safe or unsafe to log into sims account?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 01 Sep 2018, 15:51

I may be wrong, but it used to be the case for a very long time that you needed ONE (1) legit serial number of any Sims 3 game in order to "log in". So if all your games are pirated, you may not be able to log in at all.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2018, 11:16

Not sure why you want to login though and especially with pirated versions. Login is used to connect to the EA servers and to get updates and also for that social media stuff. 
I would advise just not to login at all at pirated stuff. Then you're sure you are safe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2018, 12:35

There are pirated .daa copies (.daa is something simular as .iso, but can do just a little bit more).
When you mount such .daa copies of the DLC's in Poweriso, EA treats these copies as genuine and you can update via Origin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2018, 12:40

Tarac wrote:There are pirated .daa copies (.daa is something simular as .iso, but can do just a little bit more).
When you mount such .daa copies of the DLC's in Poweriso, EA treats these copies as genuine and you can update via Origin.

Is this perhaps the .daa file you are talking about?
https://file.org/extension/daa

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 15 Oct 2018, 16:09

candesco wrote:
Tarac wrote:There are pirated .daa copies (.daa is something simular as .iso, but can do just a little bit more).

Is this perhaps the .daa file you are talking about?
https://file.org/extension/daa
This only explains with what programs you can open an .daa file.
An example of a .daa file is The Sims 3 base game
Mount it in Poweriso and you can install it in a simular way as installing from a genuine Electronic Arts disc. You don't need cracks at all.
There is no difference in performance between an original CD/DVD and a mounted .daa file.

Gatekeeper Edit: moved to the right section.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top