Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 - ZLOrigin keeps crashing. [SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 - ZLOrigin keeps crashing. [SOLVED] Empty Sims 4 - ZLOrigin keeps crashing. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 29 Apr 2019, 08:54

Hi guys,
My ZLOrigin keeps crashing whenever i try to start it. I already searched the forum of ZL and downloaded a file to clean the cache. When I did that, I could finaly start ZLOrigin, but it couldn't verify my sims game. It kept failing. When I restarted my PC I kept having the same problem of not being able to start ZLOrigin (i'm getting that crash report). Even if I clean my cache now, It still gets crashed.
Any help please? I already re-downloaded ZLOrin etc. 
I would like to fix it instead of re-downloading everything. My internet at my current adress is super slow and it would take all day to download every sims 4 game.

Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 - ZLOrigin keeps crashing. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 - ZLOrigin keeps crashing. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 29 Apr 2019, 08:58

ZLO is currently having so problems with their download server so you can't download/repair the game in ZLOrigin. But you can start the game with just ZClient open. Select the game from drop-down menu and run it.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 - ZLOrigin keeps crashing. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 4 - ZLOrigin keeps crashing. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 29 Apr 2019, 09:07

Thank you for your response! But can you explain the 'drop-down menu'. Where can I find it if its not in my ZLO and sims files on my disk?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Apr 2019, 09:17

anadius wrote:But you can start the game with just ZClient open.
Sims 4 - ZLOrigin keeps crashing. [SOLVED] Zclien10

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Apr 2019, 09:19

It works.
Thank you for helping this noob out!  Noob

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 29 Apr 2019, 15:42

Kaymii wrote:It works.

It would've also been an (equally feasible) option to just use the No-Origin files - a.k.a. "Game folder" - on your ZLOrigin installation, so you then just have to use the TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe to start up the game. But then I guess for most people out there this is going to be too inconvenient. 

After all, ZLOrigin downloads the new updates directly. And these crack-files keep getting deleted by antivirus software. I understand if not many people want to go through that "hassle". Nonetheless, another alternative solution for you to consider in the future.

P.S. you don't necessarily have to grab the G4TW "Game-folder". A quick Google search like "TS4 No Origin [insert patch number here]", should also do the trick in many cases. These items are all the same, whether on G4TW, or by any other repacker group.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Apr 2019, 19:13

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Kaymii wrote:It works.

It would've also been an (equally feasible) option to just use the No-Origin files - a.k.a. "Game folder" - on your ZLOrigin installation, so you then just have to use the TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe to start up the game. But then I guess for most people out there this is going to be too inconvenient. 

After all, ZLOrigin downloads the new updates directly. And these crack-files keep getting deleted by antivirus software. I understand if not many people want to go through that "hassle". Nonetheless, another alternative solution for you to consider in the future.

P.S. you don't necessarily have to grab the G4TW "Game-folder". A quick Google search like "TS4 No Origin [insert patch number here]", should also do the trick in many cases. These items are all the same, whether on G4TW, or by any other repacker group.

Using the TS4.exe didn't work. Already tried that. 
And I already know that downloading the sims 4 by torrent for example is a bit handier when ZLO doesn't work. But like I said, my internet is super slow and when I'm downloading the sims 4 all over again, I can't use my internet to do other stuff in the mean time. 
So I'm glad that anadius helped me out and I get to play my game. 

Next time I'll google MORE to get some help...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 29 Apr 2019, 19:29

Kaymii wrote:Using the TS4.exe didn't work. Already tried that. 
And I already know that downloading the sims 4 by torrent for example is a bit handier when ZLO doesn't work. 

I never said you need to download the entire DLC from G4TW, or elsewhere. I meant something like this here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t29990-fix-for-endless-household-loading-error-code-3-game-starts-unexpectedly-in-spanish-version-1-51-77-1020

The topic title says "endless loading fix", but it's still a full Game-folder. Which is about 50MB (Megabytes) in filesize. We also post the latest available Game-folder, in every new Sims 4 DLC that we announce on the Forum here. Specifically aimed at the ZLOrigin audience, but also suitable for people whose antivirus systems are mucking up every so often.

And if the TS4.exe (or the other .exe) doesn't work, chances are you need to double-check whether your antivirus "exclusions" are set up correctly. After which, re-downloading & re-applying fresh files should do the trick. And if that doesn't do the trick, maybe that is an antivirus program that doesn't accept custom exclusion options. At which point, the user can either roll with the antivirus (and not play TS4), or trying to uninstall that antivirus.

Kaymii wrote:Next time I'll google MORE to get some help...

Not sure if had a bad day, or you're just being very "creative" in your interpretation of my commentary. Either way I don't really care to be honest. And I never said either, that you need to google "more", before posting on here. Just pointing out facts, that the G4TW-version of the Game-folder mentioned above is the same as with all other repackers. 

So quit your passive-aggressive bull$hit. 

Edit: since the OP's question seems to have been answered, I will close the topic now and mark it as 'solved'.

Edit2: you know what? I think next time you'll indeed be "googling more". Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top