Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Please help! I have tried everything and Sims 3 keeps crashing!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Please help! I have tried everything and Sims 3 keeps crashing! Empty Please help! I have tried everything and Sims 3 keeps crashing!

Post by Guest Thu 16 Feb 2012, 23:17

Hi! I have been having major issues with Sims 3 for a long time. A couple of days ago I decided to bite the bullet as reinstall everything as per your instructions, with the latest patch (1.29, I think) and the latest fix. Everything worked fine for awhile, maybe an hour. Then in live mode, it crashed to the desktop ('The Sims 3 has stopped working'). Since then I have experienced the crash occurring faster and faster, to the point where I have about a minute (sometimes even less) before the whole thing just closes down on me. I have done the whole DEP thing, I have deleted all of my CC (not that there was much to begin with), and I deleted the document in My Documents. I would restart the computer between all of these changes, just for good measure. I have updated my drivers, turned the vertical option off. I usually bypass the launcher. I tried the Windows 95 thing and it seemed to make it worse.
Before all these issues, I was able to play the Sims 3 for hours on end. With the highest settings. No problems. I don't know what happened to cause this and it is frustrating the heck out of me. PLEASE HELP BEFORE I GIVE MYSELF A MENTAL BREAKDOWN.

Admin edit: Topic moved to right section.

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Please help! I have tried everything and Sims 3 keeps crashing! Empty Re: Please help! I have tried everything and Sims 3 keeps crashing!

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 17 Feb 2012, 10:22

Hello,
Are you getting an error on startup at all?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Please help! I have tried everything and Sims 3 keeps crashing! Empty Re: Please help! I have tried everything and Sims 3 keeps crashing!

Post by Guest Sat 18 Feb 2012, 02:42

No, no error messages at start up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 18 Feb 2012, 11:29

Hello,

Try this first:

1. Go to (My) Documents\Electronic Arts\
2. You'll see a folder called "The Sims 3".
3. Drag & drop the "The Sims 3" folder from the "Electronic Arts" folder in Documents.
4. Now, start the game and see if it works now.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb 2012, 04:51

Ah sorry, I should have been more specific. When I said I deleted the My Documents folder in my OP that's what I meant. No good.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 19 Feb 2012, 09:51

Hello,
Perhaps this video is of use to you, it'll help you make sure you didn't forget anything when you did the DEP.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 Feb 2012, 12:47

Thanks, I watched the video, but I have done all the DEP stuff as instructed

//EDIT

Are there any other tips anyone could offer me?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 27 Feb 2012, 10:37

Hello,
You could try closing all background applications you don't need, or have gamebooster do it for you.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 28 Feb 2012, 03:37

Thanks for your response! I just tried that with game booster (I've always been in the habit of shutting everything else down, but best to be sure) but still no difference Sad Anything else I can try?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 28 Feb 2012, 08:12

Hello,
Nothing that I'm aware of. It may be that the patch is causing it. Nothing I've experienced myself, but I have read about issues caused by the patch. You may want to wait for the next expansion and thus, next patch level to see if that fixes your problem. That should happen in about a week.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top