Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Free base game & Gallery. [SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Free base game & Gallery. [SOLVED] Empty Free base game & Gallery. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 21 May 2019, 23:21

hi, there is the base game offered free in this week and I'm interested mostly to access the library.
but my question is: could the origin legit base game interfere with my cracked full expanded game? and if yes, there's a way I can avoid troubles?
also: if I access the legit library, how can I download contents and transfer them to my cracked game? (tray files or something?) 
thanks Smile))

Back to top Go down

Free base game & Gallery. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Free base game & Gallery. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 22 May 2019, 01:54

debb wrote:hi, there is the base game offered free in this week and I'm interested mostly to access the library.
but my question is: could the origin legit base game interfere with my cracked full expanded game? and if yes, there's a way I can avoid troubles?
also: if I access the legit library, how can I download contents and transfer them to my cracked game? (tray files or something?) 
thanks Smile))

Hello,

Basically you should keep the Origin version and the DRM-free (cracked) version in two different installation paths. But then you also have to manage the "Documents"-folder, because both Origin/cracked versions share the same location. A possible idea on how you can do it, is here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t24433-i-have-both-origin-g4tw-versions-of-sims-4-how-can-i-manage-the-documents-folder

You basically have to take the Tray-folder, and transfer it to the Documents-folder for the cracked The Sims 4. That sounds complicated, but check out the guide that I posted, maybe it will be clearer.

These days, cracks tend to come out faster, so it may not be necessary to "switch" the Documents-folders. Just make sure that when you download something from the Gallery, that the cracked game is on the same patch version as the Origin game. If not, then wait until a crack comes out.

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 May 2019, 12:18

If I just switch to a different user account on my laptop, does that solve the interference problem immediately? The link in the article mentioned above doesn't work (after an agressive ad i'm redirected to the homepage).

thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 22 May 2019, 13:20

DutchieGoes wrote:If I just switch to a different user account on my laptop, does that solve the interference problem immediately? The link in the article mentioned above doesn't work (after an agressive ad i'm redirected to the homepage).

thanks in advance.

That is a new advertising network that we are (slowly) transferring to; basically you get a number of "pop-ups" in the browser. I am actually still figuring out how many exactly an average user/IP-address/device may get, since I got conflicting information on that. But after a 'threshold' has been reached, the popups stop.

You can get these popups when clicking randomnly around the site; I myself just click them away, but I realize that not everybody may be as patient in that regard as I am. We'll see if and how we can tweak this advert-system. So I suppose stay tuned for further announcements.

As for the topic, yes. You can create a different Windows account. But whether switching user accounts just for grabbing Gallery items/transferring them to cracked games is worth it, that is a different thing. I personally don't think it's worth the hassle, but everybody needs to decide for themselves.

Edit: I believe I added a link to that tutorial, to the e-mail newsletter as well.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 May 2019, 13:28

What i meant, is that the link, after the ad, redirects to the forum homepage and not the tutorial. 

As for switching accounts, are there any aditional actions i have to do or is it as easy as I'm thinking. Because it doesn't sound like much of a hassle to me.

As for the ads, the popups i dont mind that much. But its the ads where i have to do something to continue to the next page of this website, for instance read an article that annoy me. Especially when i have to subscribe to things or enter obviously fake contests (the lather has not happened to me on this website yet, but it did on other ones). This is just a little feedback, since you are still figuring this out, no hate! Wink

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 22 May 2019, 13:46

DutchieGoes wrote:What i meant, is that the link, after the ad, redirects to the forum homepage and not the tutorial. 

As for switching accounts, are there any aditional actions i have to do or is it as easy as I'm thinking. Because it doesn't sound like much of a hassle to me.

As for the ads, the popups i dont mind that much. But its the ads where i have to do something to continue to the next page of this website, for instance read an article that annoy me. Especially when i have to subscribe to things or enter obviously fake contests (the lather has not happened to me on this website yet, but it did on other ones). This is just a little feedback, since you are still figuring this out, no hate! Wink

If you make a new Windows account, you will get a new folder under the location:

C:\Users\(your username)

The part "your username" is the name of your Windows account. I have two usernames, so on my end I also have:

C:\Users\Administrator\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
C:\Users\The_gh0stm4n\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

With multiple Windows accounts, when you start up The Sims 4, your stuff gets saved in the Documents-folder that corresponds to your current log-in. Yes, I mean, some people may find it easier, and that's OK.

Also...you mean this here?
https://www.games4theworld.club/t24433-i-have-both-origin-g4tw-versions-of-sims-4-how-can-i-manage-the-documents-folder#

This link leads me to the tutorial. This could be some strange (forum) glitch, and I'll look at it later when I get more time. Sorry I can't really say more at the moment, but as hinted you can manually try finding the tutorial; it is stickied under "The Sims 4 Tips & Tricks".

As we speak I am preparing a message to ~Ann~, about these ads, especially as they seemed to have...changed recently, for a lack of a better description.

As for the Linkvertise, let's say the company behind it...is what these days is called a "Startup". The way we have set it up is, that whenever we post any link on the Forum, it will be "auto-shortened" by a Javascript that we use. That literally everything is shortened is an unwanted effect, and we'll see if we can come up with something different.

However...I realize that the way the Linkvertise is set up, it can be bypassed easily. And it is ultimately a decision that everybody needs to make on their own: if and to what extent they want to support us in that regard. If people really want to, they can copy the URL and remove the portion about the Linkvertise. And I suppose in itself that shall be fine by me. But what I don't tolerate is, if users advertise in public "everybody remove the Linkvertise URL, so that stupid G4TW don't generate revenue". Yes, comments like these are very frequent on here (and get removed normally).

So yes, we ask people to respect the general policy, and not "prompt other users" in public, to bypass these ads. And as said, I'll talk to ~Ann~ later on about this.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 May 2019, 14:10

The tutorial works, i'm talking about the links inside the tutorial that both don't work. You have already answered my question though, but it might be helpfull for others.

As for the ads, thank you for looking into it. I understand that your still figuring things out, I just wanted to help Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 May 2019, 14:47

Okay, so I think I understand the "Re-naming" of folders, and that's going to be the route I take, but which .exe do I use? What I'm asking is, will I still use the .exe I use to start my G4TW Sims 4 or am I missing something else? Or will it run the retail version separate when run from the Origin app? I guess the better question would be is: Do I need to do anything in my, C:>Program Files (86), to keep it from conflicting?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 May 2019, 14:59

[quote="JasonRhodus"]Okay, so I think I understand the "Re-naming" of folders, and that's going to be the route I take, but which .exe do I use? What I'm asking is, will I still use the .exe I use to start my G4TW Sims 4 or am I missing something else? Or will it run the retail version separate when run from the Origin app? I guess the better question would be is: Do I need to do anything in my, C:>Program Files (86), to keep it from conflicting?[/quote]
You are not replacing your basegame by this but you run them seperately. So you choose to either run the cracked game or the retail game. If you want to install cracked expansion packs on top of the retail game, then I believe there is a tutorial about that already somewhere on the forum.

Hope I could help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 May 2019, 15:01

My harddrive is showing the main game in the other account as well because i have an ssd and an hdd. Can I still safely install my retail game in the other account?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 May 2019, 15:05

If you want to install cracked expansion packs on top of the retail game, then I believe there is a tutorial about that already somewhere on the forum.

I have crack versions of base game and all expansions. Can someone point me to the tutorial?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 May 2019, 15:18

[quote="JasonRhodus"][size=13]If you want to install cracked expansion packs on top of the retail game, then I believe there is a tutorial about that already somewhere on the forum.[/size]

I have crack versions of base game and all expansions. Can someone point me to the tutorial?[/quote]

Sorry, apparently it's not possible after al.  Sad
[url=https://www.games4theworld.club/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly]Source[/url]

[url=https://servimg.com/view/19697599/16][img]https://i.servimg.com/u/f40/19/69/75/99/knipse10.jpg[/img][/url]

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 May 2019, 15:20

Free base game & Gallery. [SOLVED] Knipse11

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 May 2019, 16:28

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Hello,

Basically you should keep the Origin version and the DRM-free (cracked) version in two different installation paths. But then you also have to manage the "Documents"-folder, because both Origin/cracked versions share the same location. A possible idea on how you can do it, is here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t24433-i-have-both-origin-g4tw-versions-of-sims-4-how-can-i-manage-the-documents-folder

You basically have to take the Tray-folder, and transfer it to the Documents-folder for the cracked The Sims 4. That sounds complicated, but check out the guide that I posted, maybe it will be clearer.

These days, cracks tend to come out faster, so it may not be necessary to "switch" the Documents-folders. Just make sure that when you download something from the Gallery, that the cracked game is on the same patch version as the Origin game. If not, then wait until a crack comes out.

Good luck!

Hello.

This thread you directed us to supposes that we have the origin version first and shows how to add the G4TW version if I got it correctly.

Does it work the same other way around? When we have the cracked first and want to get the origin.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 May 2019, 16:45

thanks for undestanding that my "library" was actually the gallery XD

I think I'll use the renaming method for the documents folder, it looks simple enough since I dont plan to play with the origin version, but just access the gallery and to grab fancy user made things.

for the installation part, I now have the g4tw sims 4 in D:/games/the sims 4. 
I plan to create a folder named origin and install the origin version in D:/games/origin/what it will installs. 
is that a good enough path separation?

unfortunately I didnt quite understand the method to transfer files from the gallery..there is a guide I can find on how to download lots or sims from the gallery and copy them in my g4tw documents folder?

thanks thanks again Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 22 May 2019, 17:26

DutchieGoes wrote:The tutorial works, i'm talking about the links inside the tutorial that both don't work. You have already answered my question though, but it might be helpfull for others.

Ah, that. I've written so many of these posts (in the past, not so much today anymore), that I forget about the details of them. Sad  You are right, there are links to abandoned tutorials, and I will rectify that shortly.

JasonRhodus wrote:Okay, so I think I understand the "Re-naming" of folders, and that's going to be the route I take, but which .exe do I use? What I'm asking is, will I still use the .exe I use to start my G4TW Sims 4 or am I missing something else? Or will it run the retail version separate when run from the Origin app? I guess the better question would be is: Do I need to do anything in my, C:>Program Files (86), to keep it from conflicting?

Assuming you only want to grab that free copy of TS4, for grabbing these Gallery items. 

Basically you have to switch back-and-forth between the Origin TS4, and G4TW/CODEX/whatever TS4. You download the Gallery items from the Origin TS4, after which they will be saved under your Documents-folder.

Then you do the "trick" with renaming folders, and transferring the Gallery items from one Documents-folder to the next. Then start up the G4TW text.

Edit: sorry, part of my post disappeared for some reason, so I had to re-write it again. WhatDidUJustCallMe?

lrsrbn wrote:Hello.

This thread you directed us to supposes that we have the origin version first and shows how to add the G4TW version if I got it correctly.

Does it work the same other way around? When we have the cracked first and want to get the origin.

Basically, it works in "either direction". You have to internalize or memorize what your current folder under Documents is, and work from there. 

You can help yourself a little, by putting a .txt file or something inside each Documents-folder. So one .txt file could simply contain the notice "This is the Documents-folder for my G4TW copy of The Sims 4". And in the other Documents-folder you put another such notice, that could say "this is for my Origin copy of The Sims 4".

Or something along these lines.  Carlos is tha man

debb wrote:thanks for undestanding that my "library" was actually the gallery XD

I think I'll use the renaming method for the documents folder, it looks simple enough since I dont plan to play with the origin version, but just access the gallery and to grab fancy user made things.

for the installation part, I now have the g4tw sims 4 in D:/games/the sims 4. 
I plan to create a folder named origin and install the origin version in D:/games/origin/what it will installs. 
is that a good enough path separation?

unfortunately I didnt quite understand the method to transfer files from the gallery..there is a guide I can find on how to download lots or sims from the gallery and copy them in my g4tw documents folder?

thanks thanks again Smile

Yes, of course you were talking about "Library = Gallery". What else could you have meant?? Very Happy

And yes, the installation path is OK.

If you are inside the Gallery, click on any of the Gallery items. There is then a button in the bottom right corner, that says "save to library". After that, a bunch of files are saved under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Tray

If you then start up your G4TW copy of The Sims 4, the items should be in your Library.

Like I said earlier, these days the cracks come out so fast, it has become...well, less of a necessity these days, if you don't do the folder-renaming trick.

Just one thing: if you download from an Origin version right after you installed a new update, you should wait a little, before playing the cracked version. Wait until a new patch is released from G4TW or elsewhere, apply it to your cracked installation, and then you can continue playing.

Because if you download Gallery items from a "higher patch version"; and then try using them in a cracked version that is on a "lower patch version", the Gallery items don't work. So you have to keep that in mind, if you don't want to do the folder-renaming trick.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 May 2019, 19:05

my cracked games wont start anymore and instead when i click on the exe of the cracked copie, origin starts, even if it was closed and loged off. the versions are the same, last one for both origin and g4tw. how can I fix it?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 22 May 2019, 19:54

debb wrote:my cracked games wont start anymore and instead when i click on the exe of the cracked copie, origin starts, even if it was closed and loged off. the versions are the same, last one for both origin and g4tw. how can I fix it?

Are you sure you are starting the cracked Sims 4, and not the Origin one? If you see an "OrangeEmu.dll" inside the Game\Bin subfolder, you know you are dealing with the cracked copy.

Other than that, maybe your antivirus or Windows Defender deleted the crack files. Look here for Windows Defender on Windows 10, and for other antivirus software programs, you may need to do more research on your own, to learn how to configure "exclusions". Exclusions are filepaths, that are ignored by your antivirus, basically.

After you did the exclusions, you need to re-apply the latest crack files. You can do so by simply copying and pasting again, whatever your latest Sims 4 update was. Other than that, you can also apply the "Game"-folder from here.

Yess, aye lieeke!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 May 2019, 20:57

yep, it was the anti virus. disable it and replacing the game folder did the trick. thanks again.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 May 2019, 23:31

My harddrive is showing the cracked game in the other account as well because i have an ssd and an hdd. Cracked game is installed on my hdd. Can I still safely install my retail game on the hdd in the other account or does it have to be on the ssd? I am assuming the safefile should be on the ssd, since my other save is on the hdd. Does having a ssd and a hdd mean I do not require 2 accounts?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 May 2019, 00:20

Hi, so I know similar questions have been asked in this thread, but just to clear a few things up as I'm still a little confused... 

So firstly, I already have a cracked game and with the free copy of Sims available, I'd like to get it. I already have the pirated game installed to C/ProgramFilesx86/Electronic Arts/ The Sims 4 ... which I believe is the default directory? So I'll need to change that before I install the legit copy. But I'm not entirely sure how to change that... do I just drag and drop my pirated copy to a new location? Like maybe just in the Program Files, or maybe a new folder called "Pirated" so like "C/ProgramFilesx86/Ts4 Pirated/ The Sims 4" ? 

And as for my documents folder, I'll rename/deactivate my current pirated documents folder, and then when I run the legit copy for the first time, it should automatically create a new documents folder, right? 

Thank you for any help! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 May 2019, 01:03

[quote="LaurenCheerio"]Hi, so I know similar questions have been asked in this thread, but just to clear a few things up as I'm still a little confused... 

So firstly, I already have a cracked game and with the free copy of Sims available, I'd like to get it. I already have the pirated game installed to C/ProgramFilesx86/Electronic Arts/ The Sims 4 ... which I believe is the default directory? So I'll need to change that before I install the legit copy. But I'm not entirely sure how to change that... do I just drag and drop my pirated copy to a new location? Like maybe just in the Program Files, or maybe a new folder called "Pirated" so like "C/ProgramFilesx86/Ts4 Pirated/ The Sims 4" ? 

And as for my documents folder, I'll rename/deactivate my current pirated documents folder, and then when I run the legit copy for the first time, it should automatically create a new documents folder, right? 

Thank you for any help! Smile[/quote]
No you can't combine the pirated and retail games, you have to run and install them seperately. You have to rename one of the folders where the save games are stored to be able to load the other one. And mark them so you know which one belongs to which game. You can move save data from one to the other though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 May 2019, 02:25

DutchieGoes wrote:
LaurenCheerio wrote:Hi, so I know similar questions have been asked in this thread, but just to clear a few things up as I'm still a little confused... 

Thank you for any help! Smile
No you can't combine the pirated and retail games, you have to run and install them seperately. You have to rename one of the folders where the save games are stored to be able to load the other one. And mark them so you know which one belongs to which game. You can move save data from one to the other though.

I know I can't combine them, that's not what I'm saying. 

I'm just unsure of how to change the current install directory for my pirated copy. It's currently installed where the legit copy would be... so I know I need to move it before I install the legit copy. I'm just not sure if I need to simply drag & drop my pirated 'The Sims 4' folder or if there's more involved. 

And for my documents folder, I read the article linked above, so I know I'll rename the pirated documents folder so that its not active when I run the legit copy... but I'm just confirming that the game will create the legit version automatically, since it will think I don't already have one. 

Thanks so much for responding ^.^

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 May 2019, 10:32

[quote="LaurenCheerio"][quote="DutchieGoes"][quote="LaurenCheerio"]Hi, so I know similar questions have been asked in this thread, but just to clear a few things up as I'm still a little confused... 

Thank you for any help! Smile[/quote]
No you can't combine the pirated and retail games, you have to run and install them seperately. You have to rename one of the folders where the save games are stored to be able to load the other one. And mark them so you know which one belongs to which game. You can move save data from one to the other though.[/quote]

I know I can't combine them, that's not what I'm saying. 

I'm just unsure of how to change the current install directory for my pirated copy. It's currently installed where the legit copy would be... so I know I need to move it before I install the legit copy. I'm just not sure if I need to simply drag & drop my pirated 'The Sims 4' folder or if there's more involved. 

And for my documents folder, I read the article linked above, so I know I'll rename the pirated documents folder so that its not active when I run the legit copy... but I'm just confirming that the game will create the legit version automatically, since it will think I don't already have one. 

Thanks so much for responding ^.^[/quote]

If you have the g4tw game, then it should be installed in program files/The Sims 4. The retailed game will be installed in program files/electronic arts/
The Sims 4. So I believe they shouldn't interfere with eachother.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 May 2019, 10:53

Don't use drag & drop but use cut & paste for moving your pirated game.
No need for different The Sims 4 folders in Documents\Electronic Arts when you stick to the rule of never saving an origin based session of the game. Use the legit game for the Galery only.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top