Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help with updating/origin

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Help with updating/origin Empty Help with updating/origin

Post by Guest Thu 23 May 2019, 15:22

I need to update my game because I tried to download some custom houses and I can't use them because my game says they were made with a newer version of the game and I need to update.

Naturally, I do not have origin or get regular updates ;p

Now I downloaded Origin after reading I just have to exit before I start my game, but it's not recognizing my Sims 4 installed. Help?

Do I have to reinstall the game with Origin?? I surely declined when I installed.

Back to top Go down

Help with updating/origin Empty Re: Help with updating/origin

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 23 May 2019, 18:40

lysistrata wrote:I need to update my game because I tried to download some custom houses and I can't use them because my game says they were made with a newer version of the game and I need to update.

Naturally, I do not have origin or get regular updates ;p

Now I downloaded Origin after reading I just have to exit before I start my game, but it's not recognizing my Sims 4 installed. Help?

Do I have to reinstall the game with Origin?? I surely declined when I installed.

Welcome to the Forum first of all,

I'm afraid I don't understand the question. WhatDidUJustCallMe?  Do you want to update your cracked Sims 4 game (in order to use Gallery items)? But for some reason - after installing Origin - you cannot open the (cracked) game anymore?

Any error messages you get, if so?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 23 May 2019, 23:32

i have the game cracked from the sim architect 
i'm trying reinstalling it, thinking i'll get prompted to install origin, and it's not happening

this zip has a "no origin fix" and 2 patches. i would have to figure out how to run the bin patches. when i downloaded origin from ea, i don't know how to add the game to my library. i don't think this download is prompting me to download origin.

the ultimate goal is to just have the game updated so i can add from the gallery ya

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 24 May 2019, 00:45

lysistrata wrote:i have the game cracked from the sim architect 
i'm trying reinstalling it, thinking i'll get prompted to install origin, and it's not happening

this zip has a "no origin fix" and 2 patches. i would have to figure out how to run the bin patches. when i downloaded origin from ea, i don't know how to add the game to my library. i don't think this download is prompting me to download origin.

the ultimate goal is to just have the game updated so i can add from the gallery ya

2 patches..? I'm not familiar with the specifics of what Sim Architect released (he maintains TS4 downloads of his own, that are independent of G4TW's releases). Sorry I can't help further in that regard. Except one thing...cracked Sims 4 games do not need or use Origin, at all. After installing them, go to the install folder, then under Game\Bin, and use either the TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe for starting the game.

I can, however, bump @Sim Architect and also @anadius if need be (he has by far the best TS4 knowledge, around the Windows/PC of the Forum). They may be able to shed more light on your situation. Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 24 May 2019, 00:54

thx for the help. the patches are xbin files, i don't know how to open them. 

i think i had a sims 3 all in one from anadius too many years ago, making me feel old. sucker for the all in ones. thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Fri 24 May 2019, 02:40

lysistrata wrote:thx for the help. the patches are xbin files, i don't know how to open them. 

i think i had a sims 3 all in one from anadius too many years ago, making me feel old. sucker for the all in ones. thank you!
Hi! You're not supposed to open those files, they are used by @Anadius  installer., which does everything automatically.

I have multiple versions of the game on my website, one is the traditional All in One (that I repack myself) that you just need to download the entire torrent and place the folder wherever you like (best if C:\Program Files\The Sims 4), then just play running one of the two flavors (32 or 64 bits), like @The_gh0stm4n says.

If you use Anadius All in One Customizable (it sounds like it's the one you got), you just need to run his setup (_setup-1.51.77.1020.exe is the latest one on my website right now, if you have an older version it will have a different number but the rest of the file will be the same).

There's the third flavor also available on my site, which is basically the Games4TheWorld update, meant to be used if you had the previous version of the game already running and you want to update it to the next version.

Last is the ZLOrigin version, which is mostly useful if you need a new update that was not unlocked yet.

I hope that helps  Very Happy
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 May 2019, 00:25

well, no, but i appreciate you trying. now after uninstalling and reinstalling, at times with an error and i had to stop the install and restart, my game won't save. I'm downloading the newest freelancer all in one release. how can i make sure all old sims 4 files are deleted for a fresh install?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 25 May 2019, 07:52

Which version did you have installed?

1. All in One (my repack): just delete the contents of the folder where you saved the game into.

2. ZLOrigin, on top of thatyou need to uninstall ZClient and ZLOrigin

3. Anadius: Same as mine, just remove the folder.

4. Games4TheWorld: Same as mine, just remove the folder.
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down