Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Get Famous & Strangerville 'Version.ini' missing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Get Famous & Strangerville 'Version.ini' missing Empty Get Famous & Strangerville 'Version.ini' missing

Post by Guest Thu 12 Sep 2019, 09:55

First of all I would like to thank G4TW for giving us these free downloads of Sims 4 , you are all lifesavers!

A few days ago I downloaded the Get Famous & Strangerville files and installed them right after. When I was about to launch the game through the desktop shortcut , it said the shortcut may have been deleted. Through some research, I realized that my antivirus program may have done something and deleted some files . Unfortunately I can't retrieve the quarantined items due to some issues. 

When I checked the files of my Get Famous & Strangerville download , I found out that the 'Game' folder had some files missing , though I found a 'solution' to it.

Until yesterday, I found out that the 'EP06' and 'GP07' folder both had 'Version.ini' missing. 

My question is, aside from the files in the game folder missing, does the version.ini being gone from my files also cause my game to not start?

And if possible and acceptable, could someone send me the text/context of their version.ini files from Get Famous and Strangerville files  ? Thank you very much!  Smile

note :

a) I do not have Jungle Adventures and My First Pet Stuff installed in my game, although it worked perfectly before I applied the Get Famous & Strangerville files.

b) When I try to launch the game, an error comes up saying i have game files missing. Sometimes I would also be able to launch the game but it would crash instantly.

Again, thank you!!

Back to top Go down

Get Famous & Strangerville 'Version.ini' missing Empty Re: Get Famous & Strangerville 'Version.ini' missing

Post by Guest Thu 12 Sep 2019, 11:13

Run the validator (uncheck quick scan!) and post the result here. This will give me much more detailed info.

I don't know if missing "Version.ini" files can cause it but they should be there. There's no way your anti-virus deleted them since those are just a text files.

Back to top Go down

Get Famous & Strangerville 'Version.ini' missing Empty Re: Get Famous & Strangerville 'Version.ini' missing

Post by Guest Thu 12 Sep 2019, 12:13

Thank you for replying! I'm afraid though that I might not be able to post my sims 4 validator results as I don't have an internet connection in my home (i'm in another place rn) and I have Get Famous & Strangerville uninstalled from my files.

But I will try my best to post them as soon as I fix my files and get an internet connection again  Why.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top