Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My PC keeps deleting TS4_x64 launch file and won't let me replace it?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

My PC keeps deleting TS4_x64 launch file and won't let me replace it? Empty My PC keeps deleting TS4_x64 launch file and won't let me replace it?

Post by Guest Sun 08 Dec 2019, 14:37

So... Something weird has been happening with my PC / game.

Just a couple days ago I could play the game without a problem. 
And now... My TS4_x64 file keeps getting removed from my Bin. I tried replacing it, but it requires some sort of permission - I have no idea what permission, seems like system administrator is NOT enough for it. It doesn't have the logo for system administrator, it doesn't have any logo at the request... It just requires "permission". Every time I give it permission it fails, and asks for permission again.
Yesterday I moved my whole TS4 folder from Program Files to Program Files (x86) - then it let me copy a new bin foled in there, and I was able to start and play the game. Today it's gone again. 
I tried placing it back to Program Files, thinking MAYBE then it'll allow me to replace the file again, but NOPE. No can do.

I did restart my PC before all of this insanity started happening, and Avast Cleanup repaired my Disk C while I was restarting - I did not want that to happen, but it did it anyways automatically. (Avast Cleanup has done that once previously, that time it basically saved my PC that had some sort of problem with booting up.)

I'll try restarting my PC again, maybe it's just got some sort of issue... 
And if that doesn't work I'll reinstall the game.
But still, any ideas what caused this?

Back to top Go down

My PC keeps deleting TS4_x64 launch file and won't let me replace it? Empty Re: My PC keeps deleting TS4_x64 launch file and won't let me replace it?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 08 Dec 2019, 23:39

Hello,

Did you configure your Windows Defender exclusions correctly and/or turn Windows Defender off completely?
https://www.games4theworld.club/t32067-two-ways-of-disabling-windows-defender-under-windows-10

If you have any other antivirus software, either uninstall it, or configure exclusions there too.

I don't think this has anything to do with administrator rights. Your .exe file is simply being targeted by (American-made) "security software". But if you feel otherwise, feel free to post a screenshot of whatever error messages you get. If it's not in English, then you'll just have to provide us with a translation of whatever the message says. But again, I'm 99.9% sure this is an antivirus or Windows Defender-related problem.

Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top