Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 says download to use ?????

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 says download to use ????? Empty Sims 4 says download to use ?????

Post by Guest Tue 07 Jan 2020, 23:28

so ive never had a problem like this ive almost always downloaded and played but this time I add university and when I started the dame it said download is need to play game anyone no why plz help

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 says download to use ????? Empty Re: Sims 4 says download to use ?????

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 08 Jan 2020, 19:03

boojames28 wrote:so ive never had a problem like this ive almost always downloaded and played but this time I add university and when I started the dame it said download is need to play game anyone no why plz help

Welcome to the G4TW Forums @boojames28 and sorry for the slightly belated reply,

In that case, simply try re-extracting the contents of the .7z archive file/download, for "Discover University". Re-extract into your TS4 installation folder, and replace existing files when prompted.

Extra hint: did you use one of the follow-up patches for University too? Like the 1.58.69.1020 or the 1.59.73.1020? If YES, then repeat the procedure mentioned above with the patch too. Re-extract into your TS4 installation folder, overwriting existing files.

Good luck!

Red star from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jan 2020, 19:08

so thank you for the reply! lol and I did extract the file again and tried all over but same I didn't try the other patches  is there a link for all the files in a list sometimes it hard to find all of them on here or which patch I need at the moment

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 08 Jan 2020, 19:13

boojames28 wrote:so thank you for the reply! lol and I did extract the file again and tried all over but same I didn't try the other patches  is there a link for all the files in a list sometimes it hard to find all of them on here or which patch I need at the moment

If you didn't actually apply any of the patches, then just re-extract the "The Sims 4 - Discover University.7z" archive file into your TS4 installation folder, and then try the game again!

The patches are meant to fix some bugs of University. Here are the announcements:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35656-the-sims-4-discover-university-hotfix-version-1-58-69-1010-obsolete
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35696-the-sims-4-discover-university-mega-patch-version-1-59-73-1020-out-now

Choose one of the two only. I personally recommend the 1.58.69.1010, although the text says it is obsolete. But this patch is more compatible with mods and custom content ... if you use any of these.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jan 2020, 20:03

thank you for your time I will try all that out .and I will let you know the results!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jan 2020, 20:43

so I add the patch and now it says to update it and im not sure were I went wrong lol im very good at this normally Why God.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 08 Jan 2020, 21:23

boojames28 wrote:so I add the patch and now it says to update it and im not sure were I went wrong lol im very good at this normally Why God.

Can you try describing your situation in greater detail? Where does it say that something (?) needs to be updated? What does the error message say?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jan 2020, 21:33

it say that they game was made with a different version of sims and to please update game

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 08 Jan 2020, 21:37

boojames28 wrote:it say that they game was made with a different version of sims and to please update game

Then go under Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, and find a file named GameVersion.txt. Delete that file, and try the game again.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jan 2020, 22:02

there was a error code its [d6f91ffb:29f00e76:0000000:4b0d852b] I removed the file and they game started but still no university when the game open I got the same message in the game asking me to update I think the problem is that I did down load the legacy edition originally

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 08 Jan 2020, 23:20

boojames28 wrote:there was a error code its [d6f91ffb] I removed the file and they game started but still no university when the game open I got the same message in the game asking me to update I think the problem is that I did down load the legacy edition originally

^you cannot play the University DLC (and any other DLCs that were released after Realm of Magic), when you have the Legacy Edition Patch.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jan 2020, 23:34

sooooo what should I do I worried ima have to re apply all the sims again! I have most of the files to do it again but dam it a lot and im not sure if I have them all saved anymore

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Jan 2020, 23:42

well at least I know how I messed up and it a good learning experience but dammm im in for some work lol

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 10 Jan 2020, 00:28

boojames28 wrote:well at least I know how I messed up and it a good learning experience but dammm im in for some work lol

Sorry for the late reply,

Something has come up in the 'background', which we need to address behind the scenes. I can give you a solution here, and although it will be easier than re-applying all those 20+ G4TW torrents from scratch, you will still not like it.

Go to Sim Architect's website and grab the latest available all-in-one of The Sims 4 from there. This will still be - by far -  the easiest solution to do. It's "thesimarchitect.com".
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top