Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

In-game crashing

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

In-game crashing - Page 2 Empty In-game crashing

Post by Guest Sun 11 Mar 2012, 04:42

First topic message reminder :

My game crashes in-game within a minute. Delphy's Dashboard always tells me that every issue is either custom content or to update the game to 1.32. In the past, updating hasn't helped, and I've already sorted through my CC.

Ideas?

Back to top Go down

In-game crashing - Page 2 Empty Re: In-game crashing

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2012, 16:39

I was creating about the 6th package and got this message again:

Could not import all resources - aborting.

== START ==
Source: mscorlib
Assembly: mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089
Unable to read beyond the end of the stream.
at System.IO.BinaryReader.FillBuffer(Int32 numBytes)

at System.IO.BinaryReader.ReadUInt32()

at s3pi.Package.PackageIndex..ctor(Stream s, Int32 indexposition, Int32 indexsize, Int32 indexcount)

at s3pi.Package.Package.get_GetResourceList()

at S3PIDemoFE.MainForm.importPackagesCommon(String[] packageList, Boolean useNames, Boolean compress, DuplicateHandling dups, List`1 dupsList, String title, AutoSaveState autoSaveState)
-----
== END ==

I'm doing 50 at a time. What could be going wrong?

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 17 Mar 2012, 18:25

Hi there,

That error looks familiar...

Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 17 Mar 2012, 23:18

Admin wrote:Hi there,

That error looks familiar...

I realize it's the same error that I received before, but I'm still not sure why it's happening. I don't seem to have autosave turned on and I'm importing a smaller number of files.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Sat 17 Mar 2012, 23:25

Hello,

I recommend waiting for Lady ElDi's reply.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 18 Mar 2012, 08:01

Hello,

Have you tried a different batch? If its just this batch, there might be a problem with one of those packages.
I'm reading up on it a little and apparently it can also be something completely different, I'll get back to you.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Mar 2012, 00:10

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

Have you tried a different batch? If its just this batch, there might be a problem with one of those packages.
I'm reading up on it a little and apparently it can also be something completely different, I'll get back to you.

I have tried other batches and they did fine. This is the 5th or 6th batch.

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Mon 19 Mar 2012, 02:06

Hello Jane! I am using s3pe myself. The error you are experiencing comes from a package that is corrupted. The best approach is to merge likes together, like furniture, build-buy items. Make sure that the resulting DBC does not excceeds 200Mb, since the game itself keeps ther dbc files at or below this level. Going over this amount will cause issues. I found out that an original 156Mb goes to 56KB. so is giving you plenty of space to work with.
2. Before you merge the files run them through TSRrigFIX and through the dashboard to make sure you do not have any conflicting, dupilacte files or XLM files in there, they will also give an error.
3. Default Replacements should not be merged, tend not to work properly in CAS, already tested and is a no go!
4. Sliders, core mods, scripting MODS also does not get merged.
5. When combining CAS items like make-up clothing, etc. Keep it in low numbers and test the resulting dbc, to see if your content is showing and working fine; you can always combined these later; however if there is something that is not working, is always esier to find it if the file is small.
Remember to clear your caches, evry time you test and only test on dbc at the time, keep the others in a separate folder on your desktop. When you are happy with the result then you may combine the ones that you already tested, always less than 200Mb!
Last, but really important is that your mods folder resource cfg file needs to be updated to read dbc files.
Hope this helps; if still encountering a problems, please let us know.
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Mar 2012, 03:53

grieralexander wrote:Hello Jane! I am using s3pe myself. The error you are experiencing comes from a package that is corrupted. The best approach is to merge likes together, like furniture, build-buy items. Make sure that the resulting DBC does not excceeds 200Mb, since the game itself keeps ther dbc files at or below this level. Going over this amount will cause issues. I found out that an original 156Mb goes to 56KB. so is giving you plenty of space to work with.
2. Before you merge the files run them through TSRrigFIX and through the dashboard to make sure you do not have any conflicting, dupilacte files or XLM files in there, they will also give an error.
3. Default Replacements should not be merged, tend not to work properly in CAS, already tested and is a no go!
4. Sliders, core mods, scripting MODS also does not get merged.
5. When combining CAS items like make-up clothing, etc. Keep it in low numbers and test the resulting dbc, to see if your content is showing and working fine; you can always combined these later; however if there is something that is not working, is always esier to find it if the file is small.
Remember to clear your caches, evry time you test and only test on dbc at the time, keep the others in a separate folder on your desktop. When you are happy with the result then you may combine the ones that you already tested, always less than 200Mb!
Last, but really important is that your mods folder resource cfg file needs to be updated to read dbc files.
Hope this helps; if still encountering a problems, please let us know.

I think I'm just getting to a mental place where I do not think I'll be able to play the game again no matter how much I want to. I have a ton, and I mean ton of CC files that I cannot sort through again one by one to see which are 'like' files. I have already done all I could, running files through numerous programs, trying to find the errors or corrupted files. I think that at this point, I have a feeling someone will come along and say "well you have a ton of CC, what do you expect? of course your game will not work correctly." But for me, playing without CC is not worth it. It's all the little things that make the game more fun for me. Honestly, someone just let me know whether or not my game will be functional ever again because I'm not willing to play without CC (not to say that I'm not willing to delete some that is corrupted, etc.). You all have been so wonderful helping and I appreciate it so much but I can't sort through CC for years and years sorting clothes from furniture. This has become from something extremely enjoyable to a complete nightmare. Sorry for my solemn mood this evening.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 19 Mar 2012, 08:08

Hello,

No problem, I can imagine that it is frustrating. I just had to get rid of my mods and all content Sad because my old pc wont handle them anymore after Showtime. Freezing after 10 minutes.

Ok so this is the 5th or 6th batch and the one's before that have been combined without error. If they're tested and work in your game, there's no reason why you wouldn't use them so just go ahead and put them in your packages folder.
What I would do for now is set this batch apart and continue on to the next each time repacking and testing them. If you come across a batch that wont go, just set it aside until you've handled all your cc's. At this point, most of your cc should be finished and showing up in game.
Then you can have a look at the batch (or batches) that were giving you problems before, that should really narrow it down as far as corrupted cc's go because you already did the rest of your cc, its repacked, and showing up in your game, so it's really just those packages that need to be sorted further.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 19 Mar 2012, 15:19

No problem, I can imagine that it is frustrating. I just had to get rid of my mods and all content Sad because my old pc wont handle them anymore after Showtime. Freezing after 10 minutes.

Ok so this is the 5th or 6th batch and the one's before that have been combined without error. If they're tested and work in your game, there's no reason why you wouldn't use them so just go ahead and put them in your packages folder.
What I would do for now is set this batch apart and continue on to the next each time repacking and testing them. If you come across a batch that wont go, just set it aside until you've handled all your cc's. At this point, most of your cc should be finished and showing up in game.
Then you can have a look at the batch (or batches) that were giving you problems before, that should really narrow it down as far as corrupted cc's go because you already did the rest of your cc, its repacked, and showing up in your game, so it's really just those packages that need to be sorted further.

Thanks for understanding. Yes, I'll set this set aside and continue on. Haven't opened the game yet since I started repackaging but that's because my game takes years and years to load. I'll let you know how it goes.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 19 Mar 2012, 15:35

Hello,

Please let us know.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Apr 2012, 02:21

Hey everyone!

I've had a really busy time lately but FINALLY I finished repackaging ALL the files and deleted all the ones that were giving me errors in s3pe. Starting up game now.

EDIT: Everything seems to be functioning fine.. but I'm going to give it a couple days and let you guys know. A lot of my cc is missing but the game is functioning without crashing for a few hours now.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 19 Apr 2012, 07:17

Hello,

We'll be waiting for the final result!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Apr 2012, 06:51

I've been playing well for the second day now, except for the fact that the game just crashed.

The only changes I've made are putting back some of the mods and updating to patch 1.33.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 20 Apr 2012, 07:12

Hello,

Did you also apply the latest fix?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Apr 2012, 17:47

Did you also apply the latest fix?

Just did.. will let you know how it goes.

EDIT: Game still crashed. It crashed after my sim had a baby and I went to 'edit in cas' for the baby.

EDIT: It's been working fine again for a while. Not sure why but it's crashed several times randomly. Not sure what is causing this.

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Fri 27 Apr 2012, 00:56

jane89 wrote:I've been playing well for the second day now, except for the fact that the game just crashed.

The only changes I've made are putting back some of the mods and updating to patch 1.33.

I read on you post that you were trying to take a sims into CAS when it crashed; Did it crashed while in CAS and you were changing things or as you chose it, before going into CAS? In both instances, the problem may be a piece of CC like clothing, hair, Custom skin; rule these out and try taking the same sim into CAS and see what happens; remember to save your progress first!
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 08 May 2012, 20:54

So at this point the game isn't crashing, but recently it started freezing up. The sounds continue, the sims diamond spins, trees move, but sims stop moving. Sometimes for a minute, other times for hours. Then it completely freezes up forever and I have to close down the game. All functions also freeze up (ex. fast forward, pause, moving the screen, etc.) It happens mostly when I go from fast forwarding to playing in regular time, but it also happens randomly when it's playing in normal time.

.package files and sims3packs are compressed and minimized, and no corrupt files (everything has been scanned and checked countless times).

Any idea what can be causing this?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 10 May 2012, 09:42

Hello,

We have a topic with possible causes and solutions to game freezes and lag here.
If none of that works for you, let us know.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 10 May 2012, 17:15

We have a topic with possible causes and solutions to game freezes and lag here.
If none of that works for you, let us know.

Did all of that. Though the game is running better and Game Booster is really awesome, the game still freezes up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 10 May 2012, 22:02

Hello,

Please remove all your CC and Mods and then try again.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 May 2012, 04:27

Admin wrote:Hello,

Please remove all your CC and Mods and then try again.

Did that. Game still froze up. Sim diamond spun, sleeping Z's were still animated, trees still moved, but all the buttons and functions were frozen up (including sims).

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 11 May 2012, 10:18

Hello,

Which world is it you're playing? I've been testing some routing fixes from modthesims and I've seen some minor improvement, but it's hard for me to make a definitive conclusion since my low-end pc is probably responsible for half the problems.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 11 May 2012, 18:06

Which world is it you're playing? I've been testing some routing fixes from modthesims and I've seen some minor improvement, but it's hard for me to make a definitive conclusion since my low-end pc is probably responsible for half the problems.

I'm actually playing in a world called Armandia Kingdom. But I do have Overwatch. It can be found here: http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/433119.page.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 12 May 2012, 08:46

Hello,

Ah ok, it probably won't have as many routing issues as the EA default worlds.
Did you turn off the in-game store?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 13 May 2012, 04:15

Ah ok, it probably won't have as many routing issues as the EA default worlds.
Did you turn off the in-game store?

Yes, I do turn it off. I switched my active family into another world and the freezing seemed to have stopped. However all my children are automatically assigned to public school, (always had to enroll them myself due to my mods). Also shooless isn't working all of a sudden.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 13 May 2012, 10:10

Hello,

Did you try redownloading that particular mod?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)