Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can't adopt stray pets for some reason! Corrupt save? Bad mods? READ MORE PLEASE! [SOLVED]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Can't adopt stray pets for some reason! Corrupt save? Bad mods? READ MORE PLEASE! [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Can't adopt stray pets for some reason! Corrupt save? Bad mods? READ MORE PLEASE! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 01 Oct 2012, 00:45

First topic message reminder :

Ok I posted this on Mod the Sims as well with basically NO help at all. I was wondering if you guys would know WHY I cannot adopt strays, so here's the story of my tests.

1. With mods it doesn't let me adopt on my current save. I've used testingCheatsEnabled true, brought the relationship up and the option, just is NOT there for cats and such.
2. Took out mods and played a new game, let me adopt a dog.
3. Put mods in and started a new game, let me adopt a cat.
4. Current save, won't let me adopt when relationship is maxed.
5. Upgraded from Showtime to Supernatural. Still no change.
6. Copied house and family and made a new save, still doesn't work.

Could anyone PLEASE tell me if it's my save game, that's corrupted or something? I've used Delphy's Dashboard and cleared all mod conflicts, no change....

Thanks in advance.

Back to top Go down

Can't adopt stray pets for some reason! Corrupt save? Bad mods? READ MORE PLEASE! [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Can't adopt stray pets for some reason! Corrupt save? Bad mods? READ MORE PLEASE! [SOLVED]

Post by invalidusername Sun 07 Oct 2012, 19:03

Glad everybody could help. Enjoy the game Smile

invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Back to top Go down

Can't adopt stray pets for some reason! Corrupt save? Bad mods? READ MORE PLEASE! [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Can't adopt stray pets for some reason! Corrupt save? Bad mods? READ MORE PLEASE! [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 07 Oct 2012, 19:45

By the way. I found 1 piece of clothing for male and female that were invisible in Create-A-Sim mode. Could that be from merging? o.O

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 11:51

BIG UPDATE! I found out a lot of issues with this game and now my game is running SMOOTH as silk, but I have a few questions maybe you guys could help me with!

I found it, if you start the game up when you have the Electronic Arts folder open in the Documents, it WILL NOT load your save! Further more, what makes this weirder is that, all those mods I had in last time that caused this issue with strays? I have them all in now (put them all back in 1 by 1) and THEY ARE NOT affecting strays anymore! o_O This baffles me because, I just tried to merged them all into 1 package, I put that into the Sims 3 and the issue happened again. But when I just put them in 1 by 1 and started the game to see if the stray cat I saved by had the options gone, it wasn't. I was still able to adopt!

So what could the issue have been? Anyways everything is working now but if you guys have any idea of what could have happened please reply to this.

Once again THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL YOUR HELP! =D ^_^

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Mon 08 Oct 2012, 20:02

I wonder, if maybe merging them into multiple packages would work? So that instead of having all of them in a package, you have 10 or so packages with everything separated in them? Doing it this way would also enable you to sort them out by type so you knew what packages were what.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 08 Oct 2012, 20:14

I tried merging them and the bug happened again. But when I added all the files in, 1 by 1 and tried the game each mod set I put in, the Adopt Stray option was there still.

I'm kinda... stumped XD

//EDIT

Anyone know why the mods are working now, when I put them in 1 by 1 and
they didn't work when putting them in bulk, or in a merge?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 09 Oct 2012, 10:52

Hello,

I have a general idea yes. Perhaps some of the mods have files in them with the exact same names as files in other mod packages and these overwrite each other causing a bug in the mod(s).
It's recommended not to merge mods anyway.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 21:13

I only now have the Store Updates merged which is a blessing because the game is ZOOM ZOOM fast and smooth.

If I encounter the bug again, I will let you guys know. =D You guys kick so much ass when it comes to getting free torrents and such for people.

And your support is so much better than the legit Sims 3 forum sites. XD

Last edited by Squall on Tue 09 Oct 2012, 21:14; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to add a piece to the post. Still waking up. XD)

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 09 Oct 2012, 21:43

Hello,

You're always welcome at Games4theworld's!
So the problem is fully solved now?

If yes, anything else we can currently help you with? Can't adopt stray pets for some reason! Corrupt save? Bad mods? READ MORE PLEASE! [SOLVED] - Page 2 3479271199
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 09 Oct 2012, 22:12

Well I was gonna post in your Request section for torrents of other programs I'd love to see you guys get for other stuff, but if you want to close this thread you can. I can post another thread if the problem occurs again, unless you'd prefer to keep this open if I do.

^_^

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 09 Oct 2012, 22:32

Hello,

Feel free to open a new topic if you run into any more problems! (Just keep them in one topic, please)
But do keep the requests in the Requests area, indeed.

OK then, enjoy the game and let us know if you need any more assistance! Can't adopt stray pets for some reason! Corrupt save? Bad mods? READ MORE PLEASE! [SOLVED] - Page 2 611149516
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top