Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[HELP] Supernatural Installation Tutorial? I'm doing something wrong! D:

View previous topic View next topic Go down

[HELP] Supernatural Installation Tutorial? I'm doing something wrong! D: Empty [HELP] Supernatural Installation Tutorial? I'm doing something wrong! D:

Post by Guest Tue 02 Oct 2012, 23:30

Hello, so I recently downloaded the 17GB Sims 3 Complete (up to Sweet Treats exp.) pack from Black Box, and I'm getting so annoyed because I have no idea how to install the expansions. Before I downloaded the complete version I had basically The Sims 3 + Late Night + Generations and it was easy for me to do, but now for some reason whenever I follow the instructions it never lets me actually play: through the installer it always says there's an error and it has to close, then when I open it through the crack it says that a .dll file is missing?!

I did this to get to that:

- Unpacked The Sims 3 Complete (Installed them all)
- Updated The Sims 3 using manual update (For some reason it said there was an error at the last 10% and it automatically closed!)
- I skipped the updating, and downloaded the Sims 3 Supernatural which surprisingly installed; previously it would say that I needed to update the Sims so I thought the update worked.
- Put the ultimate fix items in the right directories
- Launch Game
- It tells me to update it when I launch through the cracked version, and that my sims version isn't compatible
- When I launch through the launcher it tells me that there's an error.

When I try and update it it says the same error, and it needs to close. Any tips? I just reinstalled The Sims 3 Complete again ... it works without Supernatural, but otherwise it doesn't when I update it or install Supernatural ... Help

Back to top Go down

[HELP] Supernatural Installation Tutorial? I'm doing something wrong! D: Empty Re: [HELP] Supernatural Installation Tutorial? I'm doing something wrong! D:

Post by Guest Tue 02 Oct 2012, 23:35

I do believe there are some problems with the Black Box and G4TW.
They don't work well together, so it is not advisable to combine them.
Nor it is advisable to use the Ultimate FIX, if you use the Black Box.

Here are some tread relating to the Black Box
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t7387-blackbox-torrent-and-ultimate-fix-compatability-question?highlight=blackbox

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t6055-service-initialization-failed-0x0175dcbb-sims-3-blackbox?highlight=blackbox

They could be of help to you - I hope

Back to top Go down

[HELP] Supernatural Installation Tutorial? I'm doing something wrong! D: Empty Re: [HELP] Supernatural Installation Tutorial? I'm doing something wrong! D:

Post by Guest Tue 02 Oct 2012, 23:38

Ahh, okay. Thank you! I'll wait for Blackbox to release Supernatural then. <3

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 03 Oct 2012, 09:56

Hello,

That is, if they do. Unless I'm mistaken, this edition is using a modified installer. I'd be surprised if they were going to release compatible EP's after this.
Having said that, I do believe you can make this torrent work with the blackbox edition, but it's not easy.
My recommendation would be to forget about modified installers and download everything as separate expansion/stuffpacks.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 03 Oct 2012, 18:33

Hello,

It'll be a lot easier for you in the future. Maybe not now, but it will, you'll have to take my word on that one!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top