Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NOOOOOOOOOOO! My save files corrupted! T_T (A serious error).[CLOSED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

NOOOOOOOOOOO! My save files corrupted! T_T (A serious error).[CLOSED] Empty NOOOOOOOOOOO! My save files corrupted! T_T (A serious error).[CLOSED]

Post by Guest Mon 22 Oct 2012, 12:53

3 days ago I went on Sims to play and I receive freaking:-

A serious error has occurred while loading 'currentgame.sims3'. It is recommended that you restart the application

Googled for 2 days, testing each suggestion.
aka, deleting the Currentgame.sims3 folder while the games running..
Restoring backup save files by using meta data trick/changing save folder's name..

NOTHING WORKS. Crying or Very sad

3rd day now. Clueless..

Am I really have nothing else can do beside start a whole new game?

UPDATE: Went for a casual play on a new GAME in sims and it crashed within 10minutes. WHAT THE HELL!?

Back to top Go down

NOOOOOOOOOOO! My save files corrupted! T_T (A serious error).[CLOSED] Empty Re: NOOOOOOOOOOO! My save files corrupted! T_T (A serious error).[CLOSED]

Post by Admin Mon 22 Oct 2012, 13:59

Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

NOOOOOOOOOOO! My save files corrupted! T_T (A serious error).[CLOSED] Empty Re: NOOOOOOOOOOO! My save files corrupted! T_T (A serious error).[CLOSED]

Post by Guest Tue 23 Oct 2012, 06:58

There's no Sims 3 entries though. T_T

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 23 Oct 2012, 18:48

Hello there,

Oh well, do you start your game in Windows 95 compatibility mode?
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 24 Oct 2012, 06:11

I never start any of my game in win95 mode.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 25 Oct 2012, 11:50

Hello there,

Hmmm... perhaps I should leave this one for Lady ElDi.
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 26 Oct 2012, 10:36

Hello,

It could indeed be that your save is corrupted, but lets find out if it is.
Please go to Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Saves and look for yoursavegame.sims3, does it have a .bad extension? If it does, your save game is indeed corrupt.
All is not lost, you can still try the backup save. Remove the original one with the .bad extension, just drag it to your desktop for now. Don't delete it yet, if the following doesn't work, there's more we can try. Look for yoursavegame.sims3.backup and remove .backup from the folder's name. Now start the game and see if you can load your town. You may have lost a little progress, but it's usually not much.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 28 Oct 2012, 15:09

There's no .bad extensions in my save folder. (I wish it would be that easy)

What confuses me is that it says 'currentgames.sims3' fail when I try to load my save files.
Which is the one that giving me the problem? Is it the currentgames folder or my save files?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 29 Oct 2012, 10:45

Hello,

Try this: Backup and remove the The Sims 3 folder from Documents\Electronic arts, then start the launcher to generate a new folder.
Go to the old folder to copy your Saves to the new folder. Don't copy anything else yet, now start the game and try to load your save game. If that works, you can copy the Downloads and Mods folder (if you have any) and reinstall your sims3packs with the launcher.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 Oct 2012, 13:59

Nope. It didn't work. Instead of giving me the currentgames.sims3 it's now state the name of my save.

I give up. Imma restart from the scratch. Thanks for the help though guy. Time to build a new family.

Consider this thread [close without solution because sims and laptop being an ass and decides to torture me] idk. Blah.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 30 Oct 2012, 10:02

Hello,

Ok I'll close the topic, if you ever want to explore this problem further, just open a new topic.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top