Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need Help with Blank screens and tabs and crashing

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need Help with Blank screens and tabs and crashing Empty Need Help with Blank screens and tabs and crashing

Post by Guest Wed 07 Nov 2012, 20:47

I just installed all expansions and stuff packs. I also updated to latest version and placed crack files.
When the game loads when i first run it the loading screen shows a blank gray box..and then when the game loads up a lot of tabs are blank with nothing in them (tabs that you click on).
Also, the game crashes shortly after i try to do something.

I have also deleted the folder containing any saves...the Sims 3 folder in the My Documents folder.

Any advice?

Also, I do not have any mods installed..just all the game and all expansions and stuff packs

Back to top Go down

Need Help with Blank screens and tabs and crashing Empty Re: Need Help with Blank screens and tabs and crashing

Post by t2sink Wed 07 Nov 2012, 21:00

How did you update to the latest version? Maybe try the manual patch, since it does seem to fix some weird issues.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Need Help with Blank screens and tabs and crashing Empty Re: Need Help with Blank screens and tabs and crashing

Post by Guest Wed 07 Nov 2012, 21:12

I updated through the game itself..so when i try the manual patch it says im already updated

errr its giving me the option to update over the old one now. Will I have to repatch?

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Wed 07 Nov 2012, 21:24

Yeah, just to have it replace it, since some of the other files The Sims 3 uses might not have been correctly updated, so the manual patch will make them right.
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 07 Nov 2012, 21:25

still the same thing...blank boxes with no text.blank gray box on initial loading screen..game crashes once you try to load a neighborhood...arggh lol

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 08 Nov 2012, 10:42

Hello,

Would you mind showing us a screenshot?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 08 Nov 2012, 15:03

Think i got it fixed! Uninstalled only the base game and reinstalled ..seems to work but gee it loads slow!! Must be all the expansions lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Thu 08 Nov 2012, 21:11

Hello,

Glad to hear it's working now!
Slow? Try this: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4692-game-lag-possible-fixes
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top