Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game crashes every damn time!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game crashes every damn time! Empty Game crashes every damn time!

Post by Guest Mon 28 Jan 2013, 22:55

Game crashes every damn time! 2830496658

Even without any content in the game what-so-ever, my game still wants to crash every single time and only after about a short time playing.

It loads perfectly. But just a few minutes in CAS or just playing the hoods and BAM! The game crashes.

Please tell me there is a quick and easy solution that dosen't include uninstalling and re-installing EVERY single EPs and SPs?

ShockedShockedShocked

//EDIT

Ok, I was looking here...
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t9921-sims-3-freezing-and-crashing-since-update-to-148-solved

...and I found this...
Try backing up and removing this folder: Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\

Now that I did that, my game is working fine and not crashing on me. I'm still getting an error 12 and error 15 when I try to save, but from I understand, there is very little I can do about that.

But
the game is working again. But now I need to know is it safe to try and
put back in the store content I want and a few updated mads?

//EDIT

No one has any input? No one?

Over forty people has viewed this thread, and not one person has anything to say?

Any
help would be great people. Hell, I'd settle for someone popping in
here just to tell me my feet stink. Anything is better then being
ignored.

I mean, it's not like I'm a member here or anything. Rolling Eyes

Admin edit: Please do not spam, but use the "Edit" button on your post instead. Thank you!

- ADMIN

Back to top Go down

Game crashes every damn time! Empty Re: Game crashes every damn time!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 30 Jan 2013, 02:34

OK, it's not too much what I can offer here, but..
I guess you should try to put the mods back in one after the other to see which one's causing problems. By the way (though it might sound stupid): are your mods 'complete' ? The thing is, some people forget that mods might consist of more than one file..if you then start the game and some files are missing, the game will likely crash.
As for your store content: are these ".sims3pack" files or ".package" ones? If they are the former and you try installing them all at once (with the launcher), the items might not install...search the forum for the threads on a tool called "CC Magic", which might help you in this.

To conclude, look at my post concerning save errors: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t9437-error-12-and-lags-stopped-working

As a personal note, I removed the Sims 3 folder once, and it took me quite some time Embarassed to get the game working again. The above things were what I tried..
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 30 Jan 2013, 02:50

Thank you Carlos for responding.

First off, any help is good help at this point, and is much appreciated.

Second, as far as I can tell all my mods are complete. But it gives me something to look at just to make sure. My store content are both sims3packs, and packages. For right now I'm thinking of going with all sims3packs, just to be careful. I'll look for the CCMagic thingy. Sounds like it would be useful.

Lastly, I'll have a look at the save error thread you linked. I'm willing to give anything a shot. With any luck I'll be able to fix my game.

Oh and the only problem I've seen so far with removeing my Sims 3 folder was that my worlds caches folder is now empty. I really have no idea if that is good or bad. My game will load, but I don't know if this will cause problems later on.

Thanks again for the help. I'll post back later if anything changes or not.

Have a good one.

Back to top Go down

Post by invalidusername Wed 30 Jan 2013, 03:55

Sorry about the delay in responding. I had classes last night, and had to go to work this morning, then class again, and have just finished dinner and finally have a few minutes to sit with my computer and voluntarily help people before finishing studying for the tests I have this week.

This thread has information about CCMagic, along with a link to the download. I highly recommend this, though it doesn't really help with crashing, but decreases lag greatly. Removing the folder probably got rid of either bad mods or bad caches.

This thread has a lot of information on the different types of save errors and possible ways to fix or postpone them.

This thread has some possible fixes for the crashing/freezing to desktop that have been known to help.

And just in case you are experiencing any lag at all during playing, this thread has some ways to help keep the lag to a minimum.

P.S. Please don't continuously post in a topic you make because you haven't gotten any help yet, it's considered spamming, and it's not really going to make us get to the topic any faster to help you.
invalidusername
invalidusername
G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix
Discharged with Honors

G4TW RETIRED Moderatrix Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims, Assassin's Creed (All), Elder Scolls, Dragon Age : Origins, Harvest Moon, Mario, Zelda, Psychonauts, SimCity, House of the Dead : Overkill, Magic: The Gathering, Saint's Row, Civilization 5, The Witcher

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Wed 30 Jan 2013, 21:21

Hello there,

You're not being ignored. Sometimes we just don't have the time to reply. As you probably know, we're all normal people, just like you.
Sometimes we're just too busy to reply or just don't know a way to fix your problem.

40 views doesn't mean 40 people who actually know how to fix this specific problem. Maybe it's 40 people with the same problem as you, looking for a fix or just generally interested.

Please be patient, we won't ignore you on purpose! Now, smile again. Very Happy
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top