Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to download things from Sims 3 The Exchange (No Registration needed).

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to download things from Sims 3 The Exchange (No Registration needed). - Page 5 Empty How to download things from Sims 3 The Exchange (No Registration needed).

Post by Guest Sun 11 Sep 2011, 15:48

First topic message reminder :

Hello!

(My English isn't so perfect, but I will try to explain you Very Happy)

I'm gonna show you how to download from Exchange. (A lot of people are complaining because they have a pirated Sims 3, with a pirated Serial Key, and today I've found a way, how to download from The Exchange, using Google Chrome)

Note: You can download ANY item, I showed a house, as an example. (You can download anything, inclusive Pets and Accesories, etc)

What you need:

- Google Chrome installed

Let's begin!

1) Go with Google Chrome to the page of the item what you want to download

How to download things from Sims 3 The Exchange (No Registration needed). - Page 5 Captur10

2) Left click on the page, then click View Source.

3) Wait a bit for the new page, to load.

4) When the new page loaded,  press: CTRL+F , and type in the box what appears: Sims3Pack

How to download things from Sims 3 The Exchange (No Registration needed). - Page 5 Captur10

5) There is a link surrounded by a blue circle. (I pointed that)

6) Paste that link in your Searching-Box

7) You are downloading it now, so you can install it.

Cool DONE!!!

(Hope that you understand me, because my English really sucks Sad)

❤Love you guys, have fun with your new content Smile

Gatekeeper Edit: also take note of the post here, which uses videos/.gifs for illustrating certain points of the guide.

- The_gh0stm4n

Last edited by WhitePath on Fri 21 Oct 2011, 11:32; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

How to download things from Sims 3 The Exchange (No Registration needed). - Page 5 Empty Re: How to download things from Sims 3 The Exchange (No Registration needed).

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Mon 23 Jul 2012, 21:15

Hello,

You can still try to decrapify them, it's not difficult.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Back to top Go down

How to download things from Sims 3 The Exchange (No Registration needed). - Page 5 Empty Re: How to download things from Sims 3 The Exchange (No Registration needed).

Post by Layloria Mon 23 Jul 2012, 22:16

Hello. It is not just Chrome; Firefox, Internet Explorer Opera, all work. Pretty much every web browser now has a "view source".
I thought doing another Screenshot guide to help people in case reading doesn't help as much as seeing. REMEMBER, THE SEARCH OR FIND BOX WILL NOT BE IN THE SAME PLACE AS IMAGES WITH DIFFERENT BROWSERS!
How to download things from Sims 3 The Exchange (No Registration needed). - Page 5 G4tw_s10
Above: The first image shows a pet search in the grid format. DO NOT CHECK SOURCE FROM THIS PAGE!
The next picture shows the sims3pack I want to install, Silver Mixed Breed Wolf Pup. Then you right click and look for anything that means view or see the page's source. For example, Firefox will say "View Page Source".
How to download things from Sims 3 The Exchange (No Registration needed). - Page 5 G4tw_s10
Above: This picture shows the HTML or Source file of the Sims 3 Silver Mixed Breed Wolf Pup. HOLD Ctrl and F to make the Find box appear which is in the black box in the picture above.
How to download things from Sims 3 The Exchange (No Registration needed). - Page 5 G4tw_s11
Above: Type sims3pack in the Find Box (in the black box, left corner). Now above with all the text and code, the line withsims3pack will appear. In the picture, this has a black box around it. This is the link you need to copy and paste to a new tab or window. Start from http:// to sims3pack when copy and pasting.

Hope it all helps!
Like a Star @ heaven

Layloria
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Jul 2012, 00:04

Hi, I got banned from the exchange about 3 or 4 months ago and haven't been able to download anything that isn't from the Sims 3 store. I used your method a couple days ago and downloaded the Sim I wanted just fine except when I went to install it I got an error message telling me:
"Installation failed: Please make sure your game has the latest Software Updates and try again. Done"
My launcher tells me my game is up-to-date...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Jul 2012, 17:52

Sometimes the launcher doesn't detect that there are updates. You should have version 1.36, as that is the latest version. If you do not, and your launcher still says there are no updates, use the patch downloader at MTS to install the patch(es). If you are on a Mac, I don't know what to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Jul 2012, 19:36

Ermahgerd THANKS SOOO MUCH! I love Curtis Paradis's designs Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Jul 2012, 19:47

I'm using a windows 7 PC
I downloaded the patch downloader at MTS and it says I have version 1.36 already. Would re-installing all of my Sims 3 games help maybe?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 24 Jul 2012, 19:53

Cinnamon wrote:I'm using a windows 7 PC
I downloaded the patch downloader at MTS and it says I have version 1.36 already. Would re-installing all of my Sims 3 games help maybe?

No, it sounds like the sims3pack you want needs to be decrapified.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Jul 2012, 20:28

I decrapified it and got the same results :/ it seems to be only items from The Exchange I can't get to install to my game, Sims3Packs from other websites install just fine. Items I buy from the Sims 3 store install fine also. My game isn't a crack, I've bought all my games from Origin so I can't see why I'm having this much of a problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 24 Jul 2012, 21:20

Hello,

I can tell you that Sims often don't install right. I don't know what it is about them though.
Having said that, I decided to have a look at my sim and household on the exchange, and they also require me to update my game. Even though I created them on patch level 1.32 or 1.33.
And it looks like other, random objects also require me to update my game.
They've either found a way to encrypt these, or they require a store update. It could also be a glitch of some sort. I'll have to look into it.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jul 2012, 17:17

I found this tip here a while back and was so happy. It worked well for me until a couple days ago. Now when I try I get a "HTTP Status 500" error. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this and if there is a way around it?

Thanks so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jul 2012, 18:04

Thank you Lady, I'll continue to check in here regularly in case something is figured out.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Jul 2012, 19:46

Hello! New guy here!

I just wanted to confirm I'm getting the same error message when I try to install the content. I too tried to decrapify and got no luck. I agree that either the launcher has received some sort of update or EA's server is somehow corrupting the file when you try to download it this way.

Just a shot in the dark but has anyone tried downloading exchange content this way and installing it with a retail copy of the game? I'd suspect if it installs correctly with a retail copy then it must be our launchers causing the problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jul 2012, 00:22

Lady ElDi wrote:
Cindx95x wrote:after download then move to where? how to open?

Hello,

Place them in My Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\Downloads, now open the launcher and navigate to the Downloads tab. Here, select the items you want to install (or check select all) and click on the install button.

Hiii, I try to do this..but it just says that i need new updates to my software!?!? help pleaseee!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Jul 2012, 17:49

deekitty31 wrote:I found this tip here a while back and was so happy. It worked well for me until a couple days ago. Now when I try I get a "HTTP Status 500" error. I was wondering if anyone else has seen this and if there is a way around it?

Thanks so much!

I tried again today (5th day in a row) and it finally worked. Not sure what was going on. I nearly panicked because I couldn't download for so long. I thought they had "fixed" it so we couldn't any longer. Glad it's back to normal for me.

Thanks for your help.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Fri 27 Jul 2012, 08:51

Hello,

There is indeed some issue with downloads from the exchange. Not all of them, but a lot of them come with this "software update" message. Even the sim I uploaded to the exchange myself. And it's not working for those of us who try to download and install it without using the backdoor either.
I'm going to look into it and see how many people are having this problem, so I'm starting a poll in the chit-chat/in-game section.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 01 Aug 2012, 16:18

I register to these forums specifically to thank YOU .. so THANK YOU VERY MUCH

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 Aug 2012, 14:58

Is there any way to download futured items free (those you have to pay with sim points)
Thank you! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 07 Aug 2012, 13:21

How to download things from Sims 3 The Exchange (No Registration needed). - Page 5 2005046333 How to download things from Sims 3 The Exchange (No Registration needed). - Page 5 611149516 yay my life is complete sunny

Last edited by storeguy on Tue 07 Aug 2012, 13:27; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : opps a-lot pf freaking words)

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Tue 07 Aug 2012, 17:22

ShawtySims wrote:Is there any way to download futured items free (those you have to pay with sim points)
Thank you! Smile

There is: Mediafire
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 22 Aug 2012, 09:33

Ummm... your method worked until I got this message saying that my installation failed. It tells me that need to update sims 3 but when I the check updates, it says that my game is currently updated. What should I do? I know the sims 3 game launcher isn't broken because I can still download items outside of the sims 3 website. The item that I was trying to download from the sims 3 website were sims.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Sep 2012, 00:41

1st of all thanks it works like a charm..
just one question.. in exchange u can download worlds..
i successfully downloaded the world following the steps.. i thank you for that..
but downloading a world, its optional to download the save file.. but i want the save file to.. theres a link to download the save file but cant seem to find it on source page.. anyone can help?

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 01 Sep 2012, 08:43

hanzabing01 wrote:1st of all thanks it works like a charm..
just one question.. in exchange u can download worlds..
i successfully downloaded the world following the steps.. i thank you for that..
but downloading a world, its optional to download the save file.. but i want the save file to.. theres a link to download the save file but cant seem to find it on source page.. anyone can help?

Do you have a link?
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Sep 2012, 12:44

i downloaded the world the "sims3pack" successfully

but i wanted to download this and i cant find the link in the source page. (picture below)
How to download things from Sims 3 The Exchange (No Registration needed). - Page 5 Untitl11

or mybe its already comes with the download? what u think..
but when i click that save file(hyperlink) a "reg ur game now" pops out.. so im guessing its another download

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 01 Sep 2012, 14:15

Hello,

That's not a save game. If you have a registered game, they give you 2 options. If you use the "Add to game" button, the launcher opens and it installs right away. You can also opt to save the sims3pack to your pc and install it manually. That's what the "save file" does.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 01 Sep 2012, 16:26

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

That's not a save game. If you have a registered game, they give you 2 options. If you use the "Add to game" button, the launcher opens and it installs right away. You can also opt to save the sims3pack to your pc and install it manually. That's what the "save file" does.

ahh i get it.. thx alot..

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 01 Sep 2012, 16:28

hanzabing01 wrote:
Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

ahh i get it.. thx alot..

You're welcome.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 10 Sep 2012, 08:22

Thank you SO much Smile

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top