Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is it time for a fresh install?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Is it time for a fresh install? Empty Is it time for a fresh install?

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 07:30

Okay I posted yesterday about this problem but I have new results so let me catch everyone up that didn't see my other post. My game is acting very strange. Every time I get my sim up to level 8 in cooking and read 3 recipes it fulfills the lifetime wish that my sim has (Culinary librarian) which isn't supposed to happen after my sim has read ALL the recipes. I took out my Dcbackup & Dccache folders and started a new world with a fresh sim on a new save game & the exact same thing happened to the new sim. Got to level 8 & read 3 recipes then it fulfilled the wish. Do you think my game is corrupted & needs a fresh install? I have all the expansion & stuff packs & all the store content. I was wanting to know if anyone had any ideas? If not then crap it's gonna be a long day installing tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your opinions!
                                              Help

Back to top Go down

Is it time for a fresh install? Empty Re: Is it time for a fresh install?

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 30 Jun 2013, 08:33

gatecrazy wrote:Okay I posted yesterday about this problem but I have new results so let me catch everyone up that didn't see my other post. My game is acting very strange. Every time I get my sim up to level 8 in cooking and read 3 recipes it fulfills the lifetime wish that my sim has (Culinary librarian) which isn't supposed to happen after my sim has read ALL the recipes. I took out my Dcbackup & Dccache folders and started a new world with a fresh sim on a new save game & the exact same thing happened to the new sim. Got to level 8 & read 3 recipes then it fulfilled the wish. Do you think my game is corrupted & needs a fresh install? I have all the expansion & stuff packs & all the store content. I was wanting to know if anyone had any ideas? If not then crap it's gonna be a long day installing tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your opinions!
                                              Help

Hello,

Taking out the DCBackup & DCCache folders was far too much, in my opinion. What you have basically done, is to remove all installed ".sims3packs" from your game, which might be useful, but probably not in this case.

Do you have any mods (usually files in the ".package" file format), which are somehow related to skills or learning ? If yes, please take them out and see if this changed anything. Or you might even go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and rename the folder "Mods" (this will deactivate ALL your ".package" files). Then start the game and play on for a while.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 08:48

Carlos G. wrote:
gatecrazy wrote:Okay I posted yesterday about this problem but I have new results so let me catch everyone up that didn't see my other post. My game is acting very strange. Every time I get my sim up to level 8 in cooking and read 3 recipes it fulfills the lifetime wish that my sim has (Culinary librarian) which isn't supposed to happen after my sim has read ALL the recipes. I took out my Dcbackup & Dccache folders and started a new world with a fresh sim on a new save game & the exact same thing happened to the new sim. Got to level 8 & read 3 recipes then it fulfilled the wish. Do you think my game is corrupted & needs a fresh install? I have all the expansion & stuff packs & all the store content. I was wanting to know if anyone had any ideas? If not then crap it's gonna be a long day installing tomorrow. Thanks everyone for your opinions!
                                              Help

Hello,

Taking out the DCBackup & DCCache folders was far too much, in my opinion. What you have basically done, is to remove all installed ".sims3packs" from your game, which might be useful, but probably not in this case.

Do you have any mods (usually files in the ".package" file format), which are somehow related to skills or learning ? If yes, please take them out and see if this changed anything. Or you might even go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and rename the folder "Mods" (this will deactivate ALL your ".package" files). Then start the game and play on for a while.

Nope I don't have anything in my mods folder except the store fixes.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 30 Jun 2013, 09:05

gatecrazy wrote: Nope I don't have anything in my mods folder except the store fixes.

Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the following things:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

If that doesn't help, and if you say you don't have any mods, then your savegame might indeed be corrupted. However, if I were you (or if I had such a problem) I would NOT make a new savegame, because this in in my eyes just a small bug - OK, it's an annoyance, but nothing more serious. As long as you don't have more "severe" problems with your savegame, I would play on. Wink 

//EDIT

It's not worth the time and effort (because of this bug) to un-install everything or even make a new savefile, in my opinion.

Last edited by Carlos G. on Sun 30 Jun 2013, 09:17; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Remark added.)
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 09:28

Carlos G. wrote:
gatecrazy wrote: Nope I don't have anything in my mods folder except the store fixes.

Go to My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 and delete the following things:

-CASPartCache.package
-compositorCache.package
-scriptCache.package
-simCompositorCache.package
-socialCache.package
-plus the contents of the folders "WorldCaches" & "Thumbnails"

If that doesn't help, and if you say you don't have any mods, then your savegame might indeed be corrupted. However, if I were you (or if I had such a problem) I would NOT make a new savegame, because this in in my eyes just a small bug - OK, it's an annoyance, but nothing more serious. As long as you don't have more "severe" problems with your savegame, I would play on. Wink 

//EDIT

It's not worth the time and effort (because of this bug) to un-install everything or even make a new savefile, in my opinion.

Are you talking about the actual save file or the game itself? Because like I said I tried a new sim with a new save file. Is it possible one of my expansion packs are corrupted? Sorry, I don't know much about that. I might just play on like you said because I'd hate to re-install everything. Thanks!  Cool 

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 30 Jun 2013, 11:09

Hello,

I don't even think reinstalling is going to make any difference per se. 
I'm with Carlos on this one, it seems like a minor bug. The only thing you could try is to temporrily remove or rename the The Sims 3 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts. Start a new save with a clean folder and test it.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 30 Jun 2013, 22:05

Lady ElDi wrote:Hello,

I don't even think reinstalling is going to make any difference per se. 
I'm with Carlos on this one, it seems like a minor bug. The only thing you could try is to temporrily remove or rename the The Sims 3 folder in Documents\Electronic Arts. Start a new save with a clean folder and test it.
I tried that already but it didn't work. Thanks anyway. It's just annoying to me but I'll deal with it I guess. I think I'm a little o.c.d. when it comes to some of this stuff. Everything has to be just perfect or it bugs me. Thanks guys!

Okay this is just too much. My sim is making making new friends with people I haven't even talked to yet, and giving me skills I haven't even started to learn yet. It's looking like I may have to re-install the whole game. Idk what else to do to fix it. That's just too much weird stuff for me to ignore. scratch Crying or Very sad

Last edited by gatecrazy on Mon 01 Jul 2013, 01:22; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : New information.)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 01 Jul 2013, 18:50

gatecrazy wrote:Okay this is just too much. My sim is making making new friends with people I haven't even talked to yet, and giving me skills I haven't even started to learn yet. It's looking like I may have to re-install the whole game. Idk what else to do to fix it. That's just too much weird stuff for me to ignore. scratch Crying or Very sad

Hello again,

I know I'm repeating myself, but I would NOT re-install the whole game.

OK, what you could try is this: you make a new savegame; go to the main menu when starting up the game, choose "new game" (or whatever it's called in English), then you choose a new town and there you go ! Create a "fresh" sim/sim family and see if you still have that skill glitch.

But DO NOT DELETE your old savegame yet.  Wink 

Another theoretical possibility would be to use the NRAAS "MasterController" mod to set the skill level of your sim - in "extraordinary" cases like yours. And when does this skill glitch happen exactly ? I actually have a similar glitch: whenever I have learned a new skill, and if I go to a lot in the town to "take a course on that skill" (Science lab, Supermarket, Sport stadium; basically everywhere you can take "courses") then my skill level jumps from 1 to 7 or 8  Laughing. As far as I am concerned, I can live with that bug. But it's up to you of course how you want to proceed with your problem.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 01 Jul 2013, 19:46

Carlos G. wrote:
gatecrazy wrote:Okay this is just too much. My sim is making making new friends with people I haven't even talked to yet, and giving me skills I haven't even started to learn yet. It's looking like I may have to re-install the whole game. Idk what else to do to fix it. That's just too much weird stuff for me to ignore. scratch Crying or Very sad

Hello again,

I know I'm repeating myself, but I would NOT re-install the whole game.

OK, what you could try is this: you make a new savegame; go to the main menu when starting up the game, choose "new game" (or whatever it's called in English), then you choose a new town and there you go ! Create a "fresh" sim/sim family and see if you still have that skill glitch.

But DO NOT DELETE your old savegame yet.  Wink 

Another theoretical possibility would be to use the NRAAS "MasterController" mod to set the skill level of your sim - in "extraordinary" cases like yours. And when does this skill glitch happen exactly ? I actually have a similar glitch: whenever I have learned a new skill, and if I go to a lot in the town to "take a course on that skill" (Science lab, Supermarket, Sport stadium; basically everywhere you can take "courses") then my skill level jumps from 1 to 7 or 8  Laughing. As far as I am concerned, I can live with that bug. But it's up to you of course how you want to proceed with your problem.
I have already tried to make a new savegame and new town with a fresh sim and it still continues to happen every time at the same point. Once I get to level 8 in cooking and read 4 recipes ( I said 3 in my earlier post but it's actually 4) then it gives me my lifetime wish. My skills aren't increasing extra fast it's just my Lifetime wish is being granted way too early. I can't understand it. Also the bubble thing pops up randomly (don't know what else to call it) and says I've started a new relationship with people I haven't even talked to yet. That's not really that bad of an issue compared to the other to me it's just strange and thought I'd include it. Does anyone know of a mod to reset the lifelime wish? If I can't figure out anything else that at least would be helpful. Thanks!

Edit:

Okay I decided to check out the master controller mod. I didn't know much about it because I haven't messed with it before but Wow this thing's incredible. It will reset the lifetime wish although the LTW icon on screen doesn't revert back from it's "metal" look once fulfilled. That's okay, I can live with that! I guess I'll have to use this to fix my problem but at least it works. Thanks for all the help and suggestions guys!
 cheers

Last edited by gatecrazy on Mon 01 Jul 2013, 22:12; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : Needed to change something.)

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top