Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

problem installing the fix in the sims 3. [SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

problem installing the fix in the sims 3. [SOLVED] Empty problem installing the fix in the sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 14:32

hi, 
I've followed all the steps but my game still doesn't work :/ . once the charging part is done, it tells me to create a new town (I lost my towns ... problem installing the fix in the sims 3. [SOLVED] Icon_sad ) and there's nothing I can do problem installing the fix in the sims 3. [SOLVED] Icon_sad. Plus all my game is up to date (as it was said in the tutorial). Can someone help me ? I'm lost right now.

PS : I applied the fix as it was said in the tutorial problem installing the fix in the sims 3. [SOLVED] Icon_smile. I ALSO FOLLOWED  the instructions inside the Ultimate fix .pdf. But I saw in another post that it was not needed to follow these instructions. so what do I do to step back and get rid of what I did wrong.

I tried that https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t15765-how-to-recover-saves but it still doesn't work and the menu box is totally empty. 
//EDIT 
I think I used the wrong part of the ultimate fix, which I pasted in the different expansions' files. How can I get back the original files? :/

Back to top Go down

problem installing the fix in the sims 3. [SOLVED] Empty Re: problem installing the fix in the sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 17:29

Hello and welcome,

Please keep all you have to say in one post. You can edit it if you want to.
This does not matter, just apply again the files from the #Crack folder.
Also, try this guide (I hope this is your problem): https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t859-the-sims-3-text-balloons-not-showing-missing-fix

Back to top Go down

problem installing the fix in the sims 3. [SOLVED] Empty Re: problem installing the fix in the sims 3. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 18:04

My problem is exactly this one : "
Just installed Into the future today, did exactly what the guide told me to do, got crack up and everything. The problem is when i start the game, a pop up shows saying my expansion is not an official one, prompting me to either quit the game or continue. Once i click continue the game will continue to load but when i get to the neighbourhood everything is empty, including the menu to quit. The only way i have to get out is to force crash on it. I tried the ultimate fix but when i start game it says no disk is on. If i re-install crack provided with the "Into the Future" expansion the neighbourhood problem persists. Please tell me what i'm doing wrong and how to fix it! ". However, once I noticed i did wrong, I followed again steps 2 to 4 and it still doesn't work. What should i do ? I bought VIP, generations and downloaded seasons and into the future. The problem is that I can't update the game after patching since I already updated it :/. I already put the #crack files in the bin folder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 18:26

Ok, did the guide help you?
Please make sure your game is up to date (other wise use the Manual Patch).
Then download again the latest Ultimate Fix, and copy the files from the #Crack folder to your base game install folder.

This should help.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 18:32

Yes my game is up to date : When I refresh the update window nothing changes. Do I have to patch the game again ? Maybe I used the wrong patch. Where can I get the latest one ? (I used the one in the step by Step guide). Thanks for your help

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 18:42

this one is for the sims 3 medieval. I have that same image https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t17394-sims-3-menu-problem 
and even updated, patched and cracked it's still the same

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 18:52

Sorry my bad, took the wrong link.  Facepalm 
This is the right link: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t752-the-sims-3-ultimate-fix-should-fix-most-of-your-problems
Did you try the fix from the guide you mention?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 18:55

Yes this is the one I used. I don't know what's wrong Sad. but first I used the other files and not only the #crack ones. this may be my problem Sad : in fact I followed the pdf file instructions :s

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 18:57

Do it again with the #Crack files only.
If you need, we can use TeamViewer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 19:04

I don't know what team viewer is :/. Yes I did it again with the #crack files and it's still not working. I have a mac btw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 19:08

Look here: http://www.teamviewer.com/en/index.aspx
It enables me to take control of your PC for a while, for the time of the session.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 19:10

maybe the version of my game is too recent : I have 1.67.2. ...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 19:11

No, that should not be a problem.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 19:12

ok let me download timeviewer for mac. the fix is on the desktop Smile.

Last edited by nicolas2021994 on Sun 17 Aug 2014, 19:18; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 19:14

Oh wait, you are on Mac?
//MOVED
Well then did you use the Mac version of the Fix?
And no, TeamViewer is useless, I cannot help you with Mac...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 19:17

but I have team viewer for mac. Yes I downloaded the mac version :/. I think the problem is that my version 1.67.2 is too recent because this patch https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t3597-can-t-update-the-sims-3-to-v167-fix-manual-patch is for 1.67. What do you think ?

Last edited by nicolas2021994 on Sun 17 Aug 2014, 19:23; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 19:21

Yes, but I don't know much about Macs...
I don't want to mess it up for you...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 19:26

Shamrock wrote:Yes, but I don't know much about Macs...
I don't want to mess it up for you...
I'm sure you're much better than me Smile that would help me so much ! the only thing which is different is the bin folder location. Application -> sims 3 -> open the package -> contents > resources > transgaming > c drive > program files > Electronic ARts >the sims 3 > Game > Bin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 19:29

Ok I will try.
Send me your ID and PW by PM.

//UPDATE: Out of date CC.
You can download Store Content from here: http://www.games4theworlddownloads.org/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 20:48

thank you so much !!!  The Sims 3 plumbob  jocolor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 20:53

Sure.
Anything else?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 20:58

Yes : I was wondering : if I want to install another expansion, do I still have to apply the fix and the patch ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 21:00

Normally, just the Fix: files from the #Crack folder.
Do not use the cracks from the torrents, they are out of date.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Aug 2014, 21:02

Ok, great! Thanks a bunch for your time Very Happy  cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top