Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Problem with installing Sims 4. [SOLVED]

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Problem with installing Sims 4. [SOLVED] Empty Problem with installing Sims 4. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 24 Aug 2015, 03:07

I am sure what I am doing wrong but I keep geting this pop-up.. Please keep I've tried everything

//EDIT

Problem with installing Sims 4. [SOLVED] Screen12

Back to top Go down

Problem with installing Sims 4. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problem with installing Sims 4. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 24 Aug 2015, 04:02

same case with him

Back to top Go down

Problem with installing Sims 4. [SOLVED] Empty Re: Problem with installing Sims 4. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 24 Aug 2015, 08:11

rajalves wrote:I am sure what I am doing wrong but I keep geting this pop-up.. Please keep I've tried everything

You edited that post @rajalves. Is your problem solved now ? Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Aug 2015, 15:33

@Carlos I got those two fixes, now I am having the Origin error

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Aug 2015, 17:47

rajalves wrote:@Carlos I got those two fixes, now I am having the Origin error

Hi there, @rajalves! Very Happy

Have you already tried taking the The Sims 4 folder from Program Files (x86)\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4, and moving it out of the Electronic Arts folder? It should end up at Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4.

Please, try this and let us know how it goes. Good luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Aug 2015, 21:18

@Seoy it won't let me move it and I it does move then the shortcut does work

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 24 Aug 2015, 22:14

rajalves wrote:@Seoy it won't let me move it and I it does move then the shortcut does work

Why won't it let you move it? Do you get an error?

If you move it and get a shortcut error, then you can edit that shortcut or create a new one. To edit it, open its Properties and delete the 'Electronic Arts\' part of the Path and the Location. Or you can delete your current shortcut, navigate to Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin, right click TS4.exe and choose "Send to->Desktop (Shortcut)". This will create a new shortcut to the correct location.

Please, let us know how it goes. Good luck! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 28 Aug 2015, 03:09

Sorry for taking so long to reply. I still haven't gotten it to work

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sat 29 Aug 2015, 08:14

rajalves wrote:Sorry for taking so long to reply. I still haven't gotten it to work

You should use the right click button to move it, and not drag and drop.

Please, follow the instructions in the VIDEO below and download the stuff from the link in its description at YouTube.

It is more up to date and it should work. Let us know if you need further assistance or if you got your game working. Thanks!

How to Install The Sims 4 with Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spa Day and all DLCs (with torrent link)!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jan 2016, 21:44

Ok I am still stuck with this I am bout to give up. I have the Sims 4 basic game and Outdoor retreat. I've tried the above ideas 20 times

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 17 Jan 2016, 21:59

rajalves wrote:Ok I am still stuck with this I am bout to give up. I have the Sims 4 basic game and Outdoor retreat. I've tried the above ideas 20 times

It's been a very long time since you last posted here, could you give us an update, as to what exactly is going on ? Smile  Are you still encountering the "Origin must be running"-error ? And what expansions have you installed (if any) ? Get to Work, Get together, or none at all ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jan 2016, 22:02

I've working a lot lately. I have no expansions instilled only because I am still worried that I'll run to the same issues as last time. Right now I am just running the basic game

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 17 Jan 2016, 22:08

rajalves wrote:I've working a lot lately. I have no expansions instilled only because I am still worried that I'll run to the same issues as last time. Right now I am just running the basic game

It's OK. Do you have any anti-virus or anti-malware installed on your computer, besides Windows Defender ? There are also a few alternative tips here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19191-unable-to-start-origin-is-currently-not-running-alternative-solutions

Like disconnecting the internet, cleaning the registry, etc....feel free to give these a try.

One other thing you could do (if you haven't done so yet). Once you configured/turned off Windows Defender and your anti-virus systems, uninstall your Sims 4 and then re-install that base game. Then try running it.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jan 2016, 22:13

Nope only Windows Defender and I've already done all that. I just don't know what I am missing. Oh just a thought should my game folder be in the Origin folder since I have the basic game?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 17 Jan 2016, 22:21

rajalves wrote:Nope only Windows Defender and I've already done all that. I just don't know what I am missing. Oh just a thought should my game folder be in the Origin folder since I have the basic game?

No, the base game alone can be under C:\Program files (x86)\Electronic Arts. If you want, try moving the folder "The Sims 4" directly under C:\Program files (x86), but I guess in your case it won't help. Give it a try though.

When you do that, make sure to delete all of the old desktop shortcuts, and create new shortcuts.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jan 2016, 22:32

rajalves wrote:Didn't work just unstilled it

This is why I asked bout moving the file to Origin

Can I use torrented expansion packs with an original copy of The Sims 4?
Yes, this is technically possible. Just keep in mind that if you pirate any DLCs or expansion packs, you're going to need to crack them too. The crack cracks the game as a whole. This means that you should ALWAYS play with Origin completely closed. If you do log in with Origin open, it will detect that you do not actually own the DLCs/expansion packs and they simply won't show up in-game. Therefore you might as well pirate the whole game.
If you want to install expansion packs to an original The Sims 4 base game copy, note that you should copy the files to this folder instead: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\
Also make sure that you do not accidentally update your original The Sims 4 copy via Origin, as this will break your cracked content. HERE is a little guide on how to turn off automatic game updates in Origin.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 17 Jan 2016, 23:01

rajalves wrote:
rajalves wrote:Didn't work just unstilled it

This is why I asked bout moving the file to Origin

Can I use torrented expansion packs with an original copy of The Sims 4?
Yes, this is technically possible. Just keep in mind that if you pirate any DLCs or expansion packs, you're going to need to crack them too. The crack cracks the game as a whole. This means that you should ALWAYS play with Origin completely closed. If you do log in with Origin open, it will detect that you do not actually own the DLCs/expansion packs and they simply won't show up in-game. Therefore you might as well pirate the whole game.
If you want to install expansion packs to an original The Sims 4 base game copy, note that you should copy the files to this folder instead: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 4\
Also make sure that you do not accidentally update your original The Sims 4 copy via Origin, as this will break your cracked content. HERE is a little guide on how to turn off automatic game updates in Origin.

The passage that you quoted is only relevant for people who have a legit base game on Origin, and want to add pirated DLC to it.

That said, I'm unsure what else to suggest. Please bear in mind that The Sims 4 is a lot more difficult than The Sims 2 or The Sims 3. The files of pirated Sims 4 games are always detected as virusses, and there are lots of problems with these currently circulating crack files.

In the past I suggested to some people that they re-install their Windows, if they really wanted to play a pirated Sims 4. But that is up to you.

Unfortunately, there is only so much that I can do about this, sorry that I can't help more here...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jan 2016, 23:12

I do have a legit copy and want to add pirate DLCs

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 17 Jan 2016, 23:19

rajalves wrote:I do have a legit copy and want to add pirate DLCs

OK, I didn't know that. So I guess you still have a (small) chance after all. Very Happy

First, make sure to turn off automatic Origin game updates, see this topic. Then uninstall you legit Origin game (yes, that must be done). After which you pirate and install the games (from G4TW) in the recommended order.

1) The Sims 4 base game
2) Get to Work
3) Get together
4) "Hotfix" (see this topic here)

Always follow the included instructions in those downloads. Take your time for that, and then try running the game again. The worst thing that can happen is that the result is the same. But to be sure about the situation, you should give it a try. 

Good luck !  Carlos is tha man
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jan 2016, 23:20

I will try. Do I move any of the folders?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 17 Jan 2016, 23:31

rajalves wrote:I will try. Do I move any of the folders?

It is mentioned in the instructions for "Get together" I believe, but you can also do it after installing the pirated base game too. So after you install the base game, please move the install folder "The Sims 4" OUT from Electronic Arts, and directly under Program files (x86).

From then on, paste the updates for Get to Work + Get together, into that folder "The Sims 4", under C:\Program files (x86). Beyond that, nothing else needs to be moved.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Jan 2016, 23:39

I got the basic game and Get To Work open up and running, but when Outdoor Retreat is missing.

Back to top Go down

Problem with installing Sims 4. [SOLVED] Empty SIMILAR SITUATION!

Post by Guest Wed 20 Jan 2016, 01:10

Problem with installing Sims 4. [SOLVED] Simser12
I've DLed and followed instructions EXACTLY for Sims 4, Get To Work, Get Together and even tried Ultimate Fix and this is the stupid message I keep getting! Origin is NOT running at all, even as a background process. I've uninstalled and re-installed every file and patch. I've moved my files to the Program (x86) folder. I know I cannot update in Origin or the cracks will not work. I'm getting SUPER frustrated and would appreciate any help! I've been reading through others' posts with similar problems, and none of the "fixes" people have suggested have worked thus far. What is going on!?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 22 Jan 2016, 22:02

rajalves wrote:I got the basic game and Get To Work open up and running, but when Outdoor Retreat is missing.

Sorry for the late reply,

So you installed already "Get together" ? If yes, please apply the "hotfix" if you haven't done so yet.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21865-llama-symbols-in-newcrest-and-other-smaller-glitches-fix

MizzEllie wrote:Problem with installing Sims 4. [SOLVED] Simser12
I've DLed and followed instructions EXACTLY for Sims 4, Get To Work, Get Together and even tried Ultimate Fix and this is the stupid message I keep getting! Origin is NOT running at all, even as a background process. I've uninstalled and re-installed every file and patch. I've moved my files to the Program (x86) folder. I know I cannot update in Origin or the cracks will not work. I'm getting SUPER frustrated and would appreciate any help! I've been reading through others' posts with similar problems, and none of the "fixes" people have suggested have worked thus far. What is going on!?

Hello and welcome to the forum @MizzEllie,

Even if your own issue is the same as with rajalves, you should open a new topic for your issue(s). Smile  That way, things are easier to follow for us. Besides, there isn't much else I can say anyhow, than what I already posted in this topic...I'm sorry.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 24 Jan 2016, 05:55

I finally figured out what my problem was. Seems like my computer needed an update and it finally works.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top