Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 error: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED]

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 error: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Sims 4 error: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jan 2015, 14:02

First topic message reminder :

------I know that there is a thread about the same error, but I tried the solution and nothing worked for me so I posted a new thread----------

Hello everyone.

Earlier, Sims 4 used to work perfectly for me without Origin. At some point, I re installed the game and applied the ultimate fix. When running it, it gives an "unable to start" error about Origin not open (error code: d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000). I blocked Sims 4 in the firewall, uninstalled all anti-virus programs on my pc, reinstalled it, redownloaded the files, redownloaded the ultimate fix and reapplied it, I even tried the Reloaded version but it also gave the same error. I uninstalled and installed the programs in the redist directory, I tried changing the directory (to the Electronic Arts folder in Program Files (x86)) I reinstalled Origin, tried without it open, even tried with it uninstalled. I tried disabling my firewall, tried without internet, but all failed.
I would appreciate if anyone would help me on this. Thanks for listening.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 error: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Sims 4 error: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 04:04

Unfortunately, even after installing it (the G4TW version), still requires origin. Sad

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 error: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Sims 4 error: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 08:42

AlKabeer, i think this is no longer the game or anti-virus & firewall problems. Something to do with Origin. Have u download the game from others site and run the game? Some the sims 4 launcher require origin and it will come out with an error such as "Origin is not install, please install Origin to start". If u installed origin, the game will start directly from origin n u will get this error "sound like cannot start the game because u did not purchase it or redeem code requirement"(Sorry for cant telling u in detail, i forgotten). But i do remember those the sims 4 game work with 3dm(which can launch the game without origin) but at last i run the game in game time mode through origin (which let u play for free 48 hour). After that i cant uninstall my game in origin (Before the game time end u have an option to uninstall, just go to"My Games" tab in origin and right-click the game to select uninstall. But after the game time, the option disappeared. I remember the error came to me after the game(The Sims 4)was added to my Origin's account. Before that i can run the game without origin or whether open it to go online.(If the game is appear in your origin account and try anyway to uninstall it "THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO DO" because i found out late now i cannot uninstall it Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 11:51

WahHaha wrote:AlKabeer, i think this is no longer the game or anti-virus & firewall problems. Something to do with Origin. Have u download the game from others site and run the game? Some the sims 4 launcher require origin and it will come out with an error such as "Origin is not install, please install Origin to start". If u installed origin, the game will start directly from origin n u will get this error "sound like cannot start the game because u did not purchase it or redeem code requirement"(Sorry for cant telling u in detail, i forgotten). But i do remember those the sims 4 game work with 3dm(which can launch the game without origin) but at last i run the game in game time mode through origin (which let u play for free 48 hour). After that i cant uninstall my game in origin (Before the game time end u have an option to uninstall, just go to"My Games" tab in origin and right-click the game to select uninstall. But after the game time, the option disappeared. I remember the error came to me after the game(The Sims 4)was added to my Origin's account. Before that i can run the game without origin or whether open it to go online.(If the game is appear in your origin account and try anyway to uninstall it "THIS IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING TO DO" because i found out late now i cannot uninstall it Sad
Thanks for helping, but I redownloaded the G4TW version. Will try messing with the registry, I might get it right. I'll post whatever I find here.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 16 Feb 2015, 19:01

AlKabeer wrote:Unfortunately, even after installing it (the G4TW version), still requires origin. Sad

AlKabeer wrote:Thanks for helping, but I redownloaded the G4TW version. Will try messing with the registry, I might get it right. I'll post whatever I find here.

Sorry to hear that, but as with all users, I think there is also something (very small) that you missed. At this point, I can't really provide more solutions though, but I'm working on it.

The first thing I noted in TeamViewer was that you had literally tons of stuff installed on your computer, in many different places....maybe you just "mixed up" something ? Whatever exactly happened, I guess we'll have to look deeper into this issue.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 19:05

Carlos wrote:
AlKabeer wrote:Unfortunately, even after installing it (the G4TW version), still requires origin. Sad

AlKabeer wrote:Thanks for helping, but I redownloaded the G4TW version. Will try messing with the registry, I might get it right. I'll post whatever I find here.

Sorry to hear that, but as with all users, I think there is also something (very small) that you missed. At this point, I can't really provide more solutions though, but I'm working on it.

The first thing I noted in TeamViewer was that you had literally tons of stuff installed on your computer, in many different places....maybe you just "mixed up" something ? Whatever exactly happened, I guess we'll have to look deeper into this issue.
Thanks Carlos, I'll search for anything I missed, and will try to get you on the chatbox as soon as possible to connect on TeamViewer,
And once again, thx for the cooperation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 23:37

Hi peeps
I had the same problem and i soved it by turning my firewallwall off and my anti virus .. Aaaaand it worked :3 hope this helped ^-^

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Feb 2015, 03:21

its_selina wrote:Hi peeps
I had the same problem and i soved it by turning my firewallwall off and my anti virus .. Aaaaand it worked :3 hope this helped ^-^
I'll try shutting off my firewall, hope it helps,
and thx for contribution.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------edit:
Sorry, but it still doesn't work.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 17 Feb 2015, 03:38

Thanks for your input ! However, that's (almost) the same what I've been doing the past few days, with several people on TeamViewer, without success. 

WhatDidUJustCallMe?

The good thing now is, that this 'solution' would actually be very close to the things I described in this guide here. The bad thing is I don't know if it's going to work for everyone, as (I said it before) - this didn't really work in my TeamViewer sessions. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Feb 2015, 03:42

Carlos wrote:

Thanks for your input ! However, that's (almost) the same what I've been doing the past few days, with several people on TeamViewer, without success. 

WhatDidUJustCallMe?

The good thing now is, that this 'solution' would actually be very close to the things I described in this guide here. The bad thing is I don't know if it's going to work for everyone, as (I said it before) - this didn't really work in my TeamViewer sessions. 
Sorry for keeping this on for too long, but I tried to do all what was written in all the guides around...I'm really confused on what to do now.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 27 Feb 2015, 02:17

AlKabeer wrote:Sorry for keeping this on for too long, but I tried to do all what was written in all the guides around...I'm really confused on what to do now.

I'm out of explanations too; so please take the situation as it is, although it's certainly sad. We will try and come up with ideas, but it's hard to tell when or if we manage to come up with something new.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 error: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty same problem,but used ultimate fix use in real disk game

Post by Guest Wed 04 Mar 2015, 05:04

hello i`m a noob hear i have that same proble that he has--- [[[[[Earlier, Sims 4 used to work perfectly for me without Origin. At some point, I re installed the game and applied the ultimate fix. When running it, it gives an "unable to start" error about Origin not open (error code: d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000). I blocked Sims 4 in the firewall, uninstalled all anti-virus programs on my pc, reinstalled it, redownloaded the files, redownloaded the ultimate fix and reapplied it, I even tried the Reloaded version but it also gave the same error. I uninstalled and installed the programs in the redist directory, I tried changing the directory (to the Electronic Arts folder in Program Files (x86)) I reinstalled Origin, tried without it open, even tried with it uninstalled. I tried disabling my firewall, tried without internet, but all failed.
I would appreciate if anyone would help me on this. Thanks for listening.]]]]]but the change in mine is that i have the real disk d-loded on my computer and all the updates,plus that happen to me but i fixed it with your. setup.msi ,so i came hear to get the outdoors game for free  i installed it right just like you said,and now with the origin it gives me this ""x-error launching game;the game sims4 limitied edition dose not appear to be installed.please install it or try relaunching the game.""  and i tryed it both on/off.i hope some one can help and i put this in the right place............thanks

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Mar 2015, 12:00

Sorry for not replying to the topic for long time (exams) but anyway, @dgrimm66, my version is originally G4TW not the origin one, so I'm not sure if it is the same problem, but I'll keep the thread updated of my findings

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 04 Mar 2015, 21:28

Same problem using gftw sims 4 since nov never had any problems with any of the fixes or updates. Downloaded the update on the 14th of feb, played for a few days (never used origin btw or installed it) a week later I try to play and get the origin is not running message. Uninstalled, reinstalled etc.. only way it works if origin is running under a fake acct I created but no dlc . /cry

update:
Omg I feel so stupid I just don't know how mcAfee works. Apparently it had blocked all origin dll files. I restored them in the exceptions list and viola sims 4 started right up with all dlc.
 read this if you use mcafee https://community.mcafee.com/message/6645#6645

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 06 Mar 2015, 06:51

petwaitress wrote:Update:
Omg I feel so stupid I just don't know how mcAfee works. Apparently it had blocked all origin dll files. I restored them in the exceptions list and viola sims 4 started right up with all dlc.

read this if you use mcafee https://community.mcafee.com/message/6645#6645

Thanks for letting us know about this. Wink  
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Mar 2015, 06:59

Update on the situation: Tried it another pc, still the same problem. Am I doing something wrong?

----------------------------------------------------------------------Edit:

Does it have to do with windows? As both of them are windows 8. I'll try checking later on Windows 7.

I'll keep the thread updated

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 06 Mar 2015, 07:03

AlKabeer wrote:Update on the situation: Tried it another pc, still the same problem. Am I doing something wrong?

Does it have to do with windows? As both of them are windows 8. I'll try checking later on Windows 7.

Are you using the SAME TS4 download, on that other computer ? Have you tried re-downloading The Sims 4, on that other computer ? And I'm not sure if it has to do with Windows 8...but yes, feel free to keep us updated. Smile  As for me, I still don't have any more "news" on the issue, but I do have some "small ideas", so we will see.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 06 Mar 2015, 07:06

Carlos wrote:
AlKabeer wrote:Update on the situation: Tried it another pc, still the same problem. Am I doing something wrong?

Are you using the SAME TS4 download, on that other computer ? Have you tried re-downloading The Sims 4, on that other computer ? And I'm not sure if it has to do with Windows 8...but yes, feel free to keep us updated. Smile  As for me, I still don't have any more "news" on the issue, but I do have some "small ideas", so we will see.
It is the same installer, yep, and I re downloading will be a problem for me (as my internet is 'awe-some') but I'll keep the thread updated.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 09 Mar 2015, 02:22

AlKabeer wrote:
Carlos wrote:

It is the same installer, yep, and I re downloading will be a problem for me (as my internet is 'awe-some') but I'll keep the thread updated.

I haven't replied since that first post at the beginning of the thread ^^^ but I have had the same issue for about the same amount of time and the update has not fixed my game either. I think I will try redownloading if something changes I'll update.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 10 Mar 2015, 23:40

AlKabeer wrote:It is the same installer, yep, and I re downloading will be a problem for me (as my internet is 'awe-some') but I'll keep the thread updated.

If you know someone with a faster internet than you, you could ask that person to download stuff for you. But other than that, I'm afraid nothing else has changed...

Do keep us posted, yes. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Mar 2015, 06:12

yes thanks eny way Why. Why. Why.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 11 Mar 2015, 21:56

I uninstalled origin and ts4, cleaned up registry, restarted computer, cleaned registry again, and reinstalled origin and ts4 using a new ts4 setup recently downloaded, then pasted the fix. I still get the same error WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 12 Mar 2015, 02:00

casshew wrote:I uninstalled origin and ts4, cleaned up registry, restarted computer, cleaned registry again, and reinstalled origin and ts4 using a new ts4 setup recently downloaded, then pasted the fix. I still get the same error WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Hello,

That is all good, yes. But all these things only become of secondary importance if you do not/cannot figure out if your "security"-software is messing with the game and the Ultimate fix. If it's indeed your "security"-software, you can re-download the game and the Ultimate fix as much as you like, but it won't help you.

A few people have already indicated that this issue is due to anti-virus/anti-malware/firewall software interfering with the game installation. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Mar 2015, 02:24

Carlos wrote:
casshew wrote:I uninstalled origin and ts4, cleaned up registry, restarted computer, cleaned registry again, and reinstalled origin and ts4 using a new ts4 setup recently downloaded, then pasted the fix. I still get the same error WhatDidUJustCallMe?

Hello,

That is all good, yes. But all these things only become of secondary importance if you do not/cannot figure out if your "security"-software is messing with the game and the Ultimate fix. If it's indeed your "security"-software, you can re-download the game and the Ultimate fix as much as you like, but it won't help you.

A few people have already indicated that this issue is due to anti-virus/anti-malware/firewall software interfering with the game installation. 

I disabled my antivirus when I did it that time, I tried it again today with my antivirus down again with no change Wat.
The game still works if I open origin in the background, just without the updates, and I haven't had the time to play as of late anyway so I'll try waiting for future updates to see if those work.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 13 Mar 2015, 02:57

casshew wrote:I disabled my antivirus when I did it that time, I tried it again today with my antivirus down again with no change Wat.
The game still works if I open origin in the background, just without the updates, and I haven't had the time to play as of late anyway so I'll try waiting for future updates to see if those work.

I get that the guide that I posted might be difficult to understand and to apply in practice, but currently there's no other way around it. You need to know that simply "turning off" security-software does not always work. And even if it does, most people make the mistake afterwards to turn it back on, which will of course screw up the installation, and spoil everything.

Many people believe that you can simply "turn off" anti-virus programs and everything will be good, but this is not always true, and people will need to get used to the notion that The Sims 4 is (arguably) much more "difficult" than The Sims 3 ever was.

I'm actually discussing several options with the Admins & Mods, on how to "present" this information in an easier way; we'll see what the future holds. 

At the moment this is all I can say; and even if it may be uncomfortable, please take it as it is, if you absolutely cannot get the game working. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 13 Mar 2015, 04:33

Carlos wrote:
casshew wrote:I disabled my antivirus when I did it that time, I tried it again today with my antivirus down again with no change Wat.

I get that the guide that I posted might be difficult to understand and to apply in practice, but currently there's no other way around it. You need to know that simply "turning off" security-software does not always work. And even if it does, most people make the mistake afterwards to turn it back on, which will of course screw up the installation, and spoil everything.

Many people believe that you can simply "turn off" anti-virus programs and everything will be good, but this is not always true, and people will need to get used to the notion that The Sims 4 is (arguably) much more "difficult" than The Sims 3 ever was.

I'm actually discussing several options with the Admins & Mods, on how to "present" this information in an easier way; we'll see what the future holds. 

At the moment this is all I can say; and even if it may be uncomfortable, please take it as it is, if you absolutely cannot get the game working. 

I got an idea, maybe we can try to dabble an Origin emulator...that may/may not work...but I'll try giving it a shot

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Mar 2015, 00:59

AlKabeer wrote:
Carlos wrote:

I got an idea, maybe we can try to dabble an Origin emulator...that may/may not work...but I'll try giving it a shot

I got my game to work!!!
I'd been spending this whole time uninstalling and redownloading things and playing with my antivirus settings, so I got fed up and uninstalled my antivirus. After reinstalling the game with no antivirus on my computer, my game started working again. I originally had AdAware Antivirus + the Web Companion, and my game only worked after uninstalling both. (I reinstalled a different antivirus afterwards, good riddance)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Mar 2015, 03:27

casshew wrote:
AlKabeer wrote:
Carlos wrote:

I got my game to work!!!
I'd been spending this whole time uninstalling and redownloading things and playing with my antivirus settings, so I got fed up and uninstalled my antivirus. After reinstalling the game with no antivirus on my computer, my game started working again. I originally had AdAware Antivirus + the Web Companion, and my game only worked after uninstalling both. (I reinstalled a different antivirus afterwards, good riddance)
Thanks for the contribution, but unfortunately I have my anti-virus(es) completely uninstalled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top