Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 error: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED]

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 error: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED] - Page 4 Empty Sims 4 error: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jan 2015, 14:02

First topic message reminder :

------I know that there is a thread about the same error, but I tried the solution and nothing worked for me so I posted a new thread----------

Hello everyone.

Earlier, Sims 4 used to work perfectly for me without Origin. At some point, I re installed the game and applied the ultimate fix. When running it, it gives an "unable to start" error about Origin not open (error code: d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000). I blocked Sims 4 in the firewall, uninstalled all anti-virus programs on my pc, reinstalled it, redownloaded the files, redownloaded the ultimate fix and reapplied it, I even tried the Reloaded version but it also gave the same error. I uninstalled and installed the programs in the redist directory, I tried changing the directory (to the Electronic Arts folder in Program Files (x86)) I reinstalled Origin, tried without it open, even tried with it uninstalled. I tried disabling my firewall, tried without internet, but all failed.
I would appreciate if anyone would help me on this. Thanks for listening.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 error: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED] - Page 4 Empty Re: Sims 4 error: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 25 Mar 2015, 16:58

ZeroX2301 wrote:damn.. didnt find Electronic Arts Folder in WOW6432NODE..i only find Electronic Arts folder in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/
Can you share me your registry Alkabeer?

Sorry my bad, forgot to mention that WOW6432NODE is only in 64 bit systems, and yours is 32 bit, so yeah, that's the folder you should backup, delete, launch the sims 4, then restore

Edited the earlier post too

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 error: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED] - Page 4 Empty Re: Sims 4 error: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED]

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 26 Mar 2015, 00:10

AlKabeer wrote:
Carlos, I just want to say, that folder is created even if you don't have Origin, it just needs any EA game to be installed (even The Sims 3), so this might be a problem to some people, although not all people who have Sims 3 here have the problem, so it must be another EA game, or another folder in the Electronic Arts registry that makes the problem, but backing it up, removing it, launching Sims 4 once, re adding the .reg file again,seems to solve the problem once and for all.

I didn't want to say it directly before (but maybe I should have): while it's certainly good to hear that this worked for you, I don't see a logical explanation of what exactly this "fix" does (simply deleting a folder in the registry and then restoring it).

Nevertheless, I did suggest this to another person here too, maybe it does help indeed. Smile  

If more people report this, then we will see. The ninteresting thing now is still this: why didn't I have to do that ? Why not the countless other people that I helped with TeamViewer so far ?

scratch

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 05:04

Carlos wrote:
AlKabeer wrote:
Carlos, I just want to say, that folder is created even if you don't have Origin, it just needs any EA game to be installed (even The Sims 3), so this might be a problem to some people, although not all people who have Sims 3 here have the problem, so it must be another EA game, or another folder in the Electronic Arts registry that makes the problem, but backing it up, removing it, launching Sims 4 once, re adding the .reg file again,seems to solve the problem once and for all.

I didn't want to say it directly before (but maybe I should have): while it's certainly good to hear that this worked for you, I don't see a logical explanation of what exactly this "fix" does (simply deleting a folder in the registry and then restoring it).

Nevertheless, I did suggest this to another person here too, maybe it does help indeed. Smile  

If more people report this, then we will see. The ninteresting thing now is still this: why didn't I have to do that ? Why not the countless other people that I helped with TeamViewer so far ?

scratch
I'll try to dabble more then will report my findings.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 05:39

AlKabeer wrote:
ZeroX2301 wrote:damn.. didnt find Electronic Arts Folder in WOW6432NODE..i only find Electronic Arts folder in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/

Sorry my bad, forgot to mention that WOW6432NODE is only in 64 bit systems, and yours is 32 bit, so yeah, that's the folder you should backup, delete, launch the sims 4, then restore

Already did that.. but still.. no luck for that... ._. im getting depressed with this...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 05:43

ZeroX2301 wrote:
AlKabeer wrote:

Already did that.. but still.. no luck for that... ._. im getting depressed with this...

Sad I'll try to find another fix then, but I have a question, did you launch the Sims 4 after or before you restored the registry entry?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 05:43

before.... and then get the error...and the restore it.. and then launch it again.. and still error

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

May i see your registry alkabeer? so i can see if something wrong with my registry..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 05:45

ZeroX2301 wrote:before.... and then get the error...and the restore it.. and then launch it again.. and still error
Sad to hear that. I'll try to find another fix for the problem...but have you tried uninstalling Origin too?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 05:50

AlKabeer wrote:
ZeroX2301 wrote:before.... and then get the error...and the restore it.. and then launch it again.. and still error
Sad to hear that. I'll try to find another fix for the problem...but have you tried uninstalling Origin too?
Hmmmm... nope...
So what i need to do now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 06:18

ZeroX2301 wrote:
AlKabeer wrote:
Hmmmm... nope...

Try the same thing again, but this with Origin uninstalled totally (even the registry files for it deleted)

Use this guide: http://help.ea.com/en/article/manually-uninstalling-origin/ (By EA themselves)

Then repeat the backup, delete, launch, restore (restore only the Electronic Arts folder, not the Origin folders you will delete)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 09:17

AlKabeer wrote:
ZeroX2301 wrote:
AlKabeer wrote:
Hmmmm... nope...

Try the same thing again, but this with Origin uninstalled totally (even the registry files for it deleted)

Use this guide: http://help.ea.com/en/article/manually-uninstalling-origin/ (By EA themselves)

Then repeat the backup, delete, launch, restore (restore only the Electronic Arts folder, not the Origin folders you will delete)
Well.... It still didnt work... its okay then.. i will just play the game without the DLC.. thanks for the help anyway

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 26 Mar 2015, 09:19

ZeroX2301 wrote:
AlKabeer wrote:
ZeroX2301 wrote:
AlKabeer wrote:
Hmmmm... nope...

Well.... It still didnt work... its okay then.. i will just play the game without the DLC.. thanks for the help anyway
I'd hate to quit, but anyways, you're welcome

I'll be sure to PM you and update the thread if I find something new!

--------------------------------------Edit:
Hey, Zero, I got a crazy idea:
Backup your stuff and re install the system (windows) and re-install Sims 4 and all your programs and see what happens then tell me
I want to ask something, does everyone has a problem in Sims 4 have Sims 3? I remember earlier I had problems with the Sims 3 launcher, could that be a link to some sort of problem with Sims 4?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 18:10

Hi guys,

I am facing the same problem as well. 

Tried out the installation on both desktop and only one had the game up and working.

The other which didn't managed to work had the origin installed sometimes back then; but had now uninstalled/deleted(including the hidden files/items) and clean up the registry via the steps taught.

Tried out the solution of the firewall/anti-virus and windows defender as well; but no luck.

Anyone had any other ideas to solve this problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Apr 2015, 18:19

AlKabeer wrote:
Backup your stuff and re install the system (windows) and re-install Sims 4 and all your programs and see what happens then tell me
I want to ask something, does everyone has a problem in Sims 4 have Sims 3? I remember earlier I had problems with the Sims 3 launcher, could that be a link to some sort of problem with Sims 4?

Wow, is the situation so desperate already that you need to resort to re-installing Windows ? I mean OK, do whatever you think might work... Smile  And problems with the launcher in Sims 3 are common, see this post here. I got "problems" with the launcher too, but beyond that my Sims 3 AND Sims 4 games are working perfectly fine. Sorry.

WhatDidUJustCallMe? 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 18:32

Carlos wrote:
AlKabeer wrote:

Wow, is the situation so desperate already that you need to resort to re-installing Windows ? I mean OK, do whatever you think might work... Smile  And problems with the launcher in Sims 3 are common, see this post here. I got "problems" with the launcher too, but beyond that my Sims 3 AND Sims 4 games are working perfectly fine. Sorry.

WhatDidUJustCallMe? 

First of all, thanks for staying with me since the beginning Carlos, but my problem is already solved, I was just suggesting 'something' for Zero, but anyway, thanks again. Feel free to close the thread, Zero hasn't replied anyway...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 04 Apr 2015, 19:00

AlKabeer wrote:
First of all, thanks for staying with me since the beginning Carlos, but my problem is already solved, I was just suggesting 'something' for Zero, but anyway, thanks again. Feel free to close the thread, Zero hasn't replied anyway...

Ah yes, the thing with the registry folder. Smile  Well, it's certainly an unusual fix, but in the end, it worked for you ! I think I mentioned it somewhere already, but I also suggested this thing with the registry to another user on here, but he or she hasn't posted back either.

And no, in case it came across like that: I did not intend to sound "arrogant" or something like that. But the thing is this: if we need to suggest to people, to re-install Windows just to get a game working, then is it really worth all the hassle ? I'm not sure. Sometimes you need to "let go", if that makes sense. Smile 

And yes, as long as the topic is open, I will follow it - you're welcome though. Is there anything else you want to ask or say before I close this ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 04 Apr 2015, 19:40

Carlos wrote:
AlKabeer wrote:

Ah yes, the thing with the registry folder. Smile  Well, it's certainly an unusual fix, but in the end, it worked for you ! I think I mentioned it somewhere already, but I also suggested this thing with the registry to another user on here, but he or she hasn't posted back either.

And no, in case it came across like that: I did not intend to sound "arrogant" or something like that. But the thing is this: if we need to suggest to people, to re-install Windows just to get a game working, then is it really worth all the hassle ? I'm not sure. Sometimes you need to "let go", if that makes sense. Smile 

And yes, as long as the topic is open, I will follow it - you're welcome though. Is there anything else you want to ask or say before I close this ?

Nope, thanks, feel free to lock it...
Oh, and before I go,  Oh my... someone like me can this far... (to an extent that I actually was about to change the motherboard to get Dying Light to work on ultra graphics...) but let's say...I'm a special case that shouldn't be bothered with...

Anyways, thanks again for standing by me, Carlos!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 05 Apr 2015, 05:44

Hey hey hey... got a good news.. My SIMS 4 now working without origin... i dont know why but i just Uninstall origin, clean the registry, Turn off the Antivirus and then reinstall the sims 4 on default directory and apply the ultimate fix it suddenly work .. i think its because the directory.. before i install on custom directory (cause of my C: full) and edit the registry to my custom directory it didnt work.. but now i install it on default directory it work!! Me and my sister is very happy.. and i already update it to Get To Work and it still working.. Oh yea.. sorry for not replying Alkabeer.. and yeah thanks carlos for staying on this thread since begining.. Problem Solved.. Heck yea

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 05 Apr 2015, 09:51

AlKabeer wrote:
Nope, thanks, feel free to lock it...
Oh, and before I go,  Oh my... someone like me can this far... (to an extent that I actually was about to change the motherboard to get Dying Light to work on ultra graphics...) but let's say...I'm a special case that shouldn't be bothered with...

Anyways, thanks again for standing by me, Carlos!

ZeroX2301 wrote:Hey hey hey... got a good news.. My SIMS 4 now working without origin... i dont know why but i just Uninstall origin, clean the registry, Turn off the Antivirus and then reinstall the sims 4 on default directory and apply the ultimate fix it suddenly work .. i think its because the directory.. before i install on custom directory (cause of my C: full) and edit the registry to my custom directory it didnt work.. but now i install it on default directory it work!! Me and my sister is very happy.. and i already update it to Get To Work and it still working.. Oh yea.. sorry for not replying Alkabeer.. and yeah thanks carlos for staying on this thread since begining.. Problem Solved.. Heck yea

Good for both of you ! About the registry location, I don't think it matters that you have the game on an external drive, but the hint with un-installing Origin sounds interesting !

Right now, I tried the solution on someone else's system via TeamViewer, but that was one of those (few) occasions on which it didn't work, so I guess we'll all have to see what else can cause this. I also did the thing with deleting the registry folder, but it didn't work either.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?

I ended up suggesting to that user to delete ALL of her old TS4 downloads, and then also re-download both the TS4 base game and the "Get to Work"-expansion too. And of course, re-install them.

Anyhow, you're welcome, and feel free to open a new thread anytime. Have fun - topic closed. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic View next topic Back to top