Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 error: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED]

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 error: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED] - Page 3 Empty Sims 4 error: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Sat 31 Jan 2015, 14:02

First topic message reminder :

------I know that there is a thread about the same error, but I tried the solution and nothing worked for me so I posted a new thread----------

Hello everyone.

Earlier, Sims 4 used to work perfectly for me without Origin. At some point, I re installed the game and applied the ultimate fix. When running it, it gives an "unable to start" error about Origin not open (error code: d3382ced:984c6a38:00000000). I blocked Sims 4 in the firewall, uninstalled all anti-virus programs on my pc, reinstalled it, redownloaded the files, redownloaded the ultimate fix and reapplied it, I even tried the Reloaded version but it also gave the same error. I uninstalled and installed the programs in the redist directory, I tried changing the directory (to the Electronic Arts folder in Program Files (x86)) I reinstalled Origin, tried without it open, even tried with it uninstalled. I tried disabling my firewall, tried without internet, but all failed.
I would appreciate if anyone would help me on this. Thanks for listening.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 error: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED] - Page 3 Empty Re: Sims 4 error: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Mon 16 Mar 2015, 00:59

AlKabeer wrote:
Carlos wrote:
casshew wrote:I disabled my antivirus when I did it that time, I tried it again today with my antivirus down again with no change Wat.
The game still works if I open origin in the background, just without the updates, and I haven't had the time to play as of late anyway so I'll try waiting for future updates to see if those work.

I get that the guide that I posted might be difficult to understand and to apply in practice, but currently there's no other way around it. You need to know that simply "turning off" security-software does not always work. And even if it does, most people make the mistake afterwards to turn it back on, which will of course screw up the installation, and spoil everything.

Many people believe that you can simply "turn off" anti-virus programs and everything will be good, but this is not always true, and people will need to get used to the notion that The Sims 4 is (arguably) much more "difficult" than The Sims 3 ever was.

I'm actually discussing several options with the Admins & Mods, on how to "present" this information in an easier way; we'll see what the future holds. 

At the moment this is all I can say; and even if it may be uncomfortable, please take it as it is, if you absolutely cannot get the game working. 

I got an idea, maybe we can try to dabble an Origin emulator...that may/may not work...but I'll try giving it a shot

I got my game to work!!!
I'd been spending this whole time uninstalling and redownloading things and playing with my antivirus settings, so I got fed up and uninstalled my antivirus. After reinstalling the game with no antivirus on my computer, my game started working again. I originally had AdAware Antivirus + the Web Companion, and my game only worked after uninstalling both. (I reinstalled a different antivirus afterwards, good riddance)

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 error: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED] - Page 3 Empty Re: Sims 4 error: Origin is currently not running. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 17 Mar 2015, 03:27

casshew wrote:
AlKabeer wrote:
Carlos wrote:
casshew wrote:I disabled my antivirus when I did it that time, I tried it again today with my antivirus down again with no change Wat.
The game still works if I open origin in the background, just without the updates, and I haven't had the time to play as of late anyway so I'll try waiting for future updates to see if those work.

I get that the guide that I posted might be difficult to understand and to apply in practice, but currently there's no other way around it. You need to know that simply "turning off" security-software does not always work. And even if it does, most people make the mistake afterwards to turn it back on, which will of course screw up the installation, and spoil everything.

Many people believe that you can simply "turn off" anti-virus programs and everything will be good, but this is not always true, and people will need to get used to the notion that The Sims 4 is (arguably) much more "difficult" than The Sims 3 ever was.

I'm actually discussing several options with the Admins & Mods, on how to "present" this information in an easier way; we'll see what the future holds. 

At the moment this is all I can say; and even if it may be uncomfortable, please take it as it is, if you absolutely cannot get the game working. 

I got an idea, maybe we can try to dabble an Origin emulator...that may/may not work...but I'll try giving it a shot

I got my game to work!!!
I'd been spending this whole time uninstalling and redownloading things and playing with my antivirus settings, so I got fed up and uninstalled my antivirus. After reinstalling the game with no antivirus on my computer, my game started working again. I originally had AdAware Antivirus + the Web Companion, and my game only worked after uninstalling both. (I reinstalled a different antivirus afterwards, good riddance)
Thanks for the contribution, but unfortunately I have my anti-virus(es) completely uninstalled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Mar 2015, 15:31

Yeah.. im having this problem too.. already uninstall all antivirus and allow it trough Firewall but still getting the same error message.. but it still working if the origin is opened..i use the sims 4 from G4TW install it and then apply the reg and then apply the Ultimate FIx.. is there anything wrong? BTW.. im Using ESET NOD 32 Antivirus 8 now..
I already put it in the exception list too..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Mar 2015, 18:53

Guys! New update! Problem still persists but I think I found the key...if we can crack Origin and 'do magic' (using code off course) we might get rid of the problem. After I finish my exams (Thursday) I'm going to try to work on it!
I'll keep you'll updated Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Mar 2015, 03:52

Another problem that I had was I was using the shortcut that appeared on my desktop after downloading the game and before adding the fix. When I used that shortcut I would get an error message, but if I used the new one in the bin after the fix it would work properly.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Mar 2015, 03:53

casshew wrote:Another problem that I had was I was using the shortcut that appeared on my desktop after downloading the game and before adding the fix. When I used that shortcut I would get an error message, but if I used the new one in the bin after the fix it would work properly.
I'll try that then report back, thanks for the info
---------------------------------------------------------------------Edit:
Sorry, no luck...

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 19 Mar 2015, 10:08

AlKabeer wrote:Guys! New update! Problem still persists but I think I found the key...if we can crack Origin and 'do magic' (using code off course) we might get rid of the problem. After I finish my exams (Thursday) I'm going to try to work on it!

The crack of the Ultimate fix already emulates the behavior of Origin...and even if you managed to create something new, the (potential) problems with anti-virusses would still persist: such a crack would almost certainly be detected as a virus (due to its behavior), and will get 'cleaned'.

Now, I would be interested in knowing how many of the people (saying 'they did everything') are actually using Windows 8, and how many are using anything else (XP, Vista, 7). I think that this could be part of the riddle, too.

I tip my fedora.

casshew wrote:Another problem that I had was I was using the shortcut that appeared on my desktop after downloading the game and before adding the fix. When I used that shortcut I would get an error message, but if I used the new one in the bin after the fix it would work properly.

If your 'original' shortcut led to the correct game install location (too) already, then there is no technical difference between "now" and "then". But it's still good to hear you managed to get it working.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 19 Mar 2015, 13:53

Carlos wrote:
The crack of the Ultimate fix already emulates the behavior of Origin...and even if you managed to create something new, the (potential) problems with anti-virusses would still persist: such a crack would almost certainly be detected as a virus (due to its behavior), and will get 'cleaned'.

Now, I would be interested in knowing how many of the people (saying 'they did everything') are actually using Windows 8, and how many are using anything else (XP, Vista, 7). I think that this could be part of the riddle, too.

I tip my fedora. 

Im Using Windows 7 32Bit..
AV=ESET NOD32 Antivirus 8
Firewall with advanced Security
Only that my security Application.. already try uninstall the antivirus and turn off the firewall.. but still.. no luck..  Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Mar 2015, 05:45

Carlos wrote:
AlKabeer wrote:Guys! New update! Problem still persists but I think I found the key...if we can crack Origin and 'do magic' (using code off course) we might get rid of the problem. After I finish my exams (Thursday) I'm going to try to work on it!

I tip my fedora. 
I'm using windows 8.1 (pro) and tried it on windows 7, no antivirus, firewall, or such stuff

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 20 Mar 2015, 07:24

AlKabeer wrote:I'm using windows 8.1 (pro) and tried it on windows 7, no antivirus, firewall, or such stuff

Well, you always have a firewall (namely the Windows one). Smile  But OK. I'm going to wait and see if more people are getting this. Since there really isn't much left for me to say. 

In any case, you (and the others) must have done something "different". Because in my game, everything is still fine (I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x64). I'm going to wait and see if anybody of the other team members is getting the issue at some point. There is the conspiracy theory circulating on here (among some users), that EA is deliberately putting some sort of virus or backdoor on people's computers, thereby blocking the game. 

Someone suggested to disconnect from the internet completely before starting the game, but I'm unsure. If those conspiracy theories were true, why do most people still have working games ? If - for example - I myself am finding my game not working anymore one day, then yes, I'm going to believe these theories, but for now it is too early to make such a statement. Sorry again...

WhatDidUJustCallMe? 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Mar 2015, 07:53

Carlos wrote:
AlKabeer wrote:I'm using windows 8.1 (pro) and tried it on windows 7, no antivirus, firewall, or such stuff

Well, you always have a firewall (namely the Windows one). Smile  But OK. I'm going to wait and see if more people are getting this. Since there really isn't much left for me to say. 

In any case, you (and the others) must have done something "different". Because in my game, everything is still fine (I'm using Windows 7 Ultimate x64). I'm going to wait and see if anybody of the other team members is getting the issue at some point. There is the conspiracy theory circulating on here (among some users), that EA is deliberately putting some sort of virus or backdoor on people's computers, thereby blocking the game. 

Someone suggested to disconnect from the internet completely before starting the game, but I'm unsure. If those conspiracy theories were true, why do most people still have working games ? If - for example - I myself am finding my game not working anymore one day, then yes, I'm going to believe these theories, but for now it is too early to make such a statement. Sorry again...

WhatDidUJustCallMe? 
No problem Carlos! Thanks for the help once again. I will try messing around with a couple of stuff and see what's the problem for now,
Oh, and by the way, about the theory, I don't think it's right because I tried on two different PCs, so maybe I messed up doing something or such, but anyways...I'll keep the thread updated! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 20 Mar 2015, 11:57

people with a fake copy of sims 4 are going to have the game not working at some point if the pc is on the internet it dont matter about origin ea have installed a backdoor protechtion so once ea find out your copy of sims 4 is not a real copy you wont be able to run it same problems with people on diff sites all over the work

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 21 Mar 2015, 00:25

AlKabeer wrote:No problem Carlos! Thanks for the help once again. I will try messing around with a couple of stuff and see what's the problem for now,
Oh, and by the way, about the theory, I don't think it's right because I tried on two different PCs, so maybe I messed up doing something or such, but anyways...I'll keep the thread updated! Smile

It's OK, and sorry I couldn't help further. I'll keep the thread open, so that you (or anybody else) can post back if there's anything new. Smile 

kidrock2k12 wrote:people with a fake copy of sims 4 are going to have the game not working at some point if the pc is on the internet it dont matter about origin ea have installed a backdoor protechtion so once ea find out your copy of sims 4 is not a real copy you wont be able to run it same problems with people on diff sites all over the work

I guess I will be counting the days then, until the 'backdoor' sets in...WhatDidUJustCallMe? 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Mar 2015, 06:42

New Find! Blocking Origin in the firewall's advanced rules changes the error from (Origin not running) to Initialization error...let's hope it's a string...towards the solution

-------------------------------------------------Edit:

IT WORKS ON MY SISTER'S LAPTOP (THE 2ND LAPTOP I MENTIONED) Horray! We are very close now!

Oh....and sorry for my hype!  Very Happy

Last edited by AlKabeer on Tue 24 Mar 2015, 07:58; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Mar 2015, 07:56

AlKabeer wrote:New Find! Blocking Origin in the firewall's advanced rules changes the error from (Origin not running) to Initialization error...let's hope it's a string...towards the solution

IT WORKS ON MY SISTER'S LAPTOP (THE 2ND LAPTOP I MENTIONED) Horray! We are very close now!

Blocking which one? The Origin.exe or Origin Client Service.exe or which one?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Mar 2015, 07:58

ZeroX2301 wrote:
AlKabeer wrote:New Find! Blocking Origin in the firewall's advanced rules changes the error from (Origin not running) to Initialization error...let's hope it's a string...towards the solution

Blocking which one? The Origin.exe or Origin Client Service.exe or which one?

Origin.exe itself

------------------------------------
From my experience, it should be something from the registry...I'll dabble in more then report back

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Mar 2015, 07:59

Hmm... Weird its not working for me... do you allow the SIMS4.exe or block it..

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Mar 2015, 08:10

ZeroX2301 wrote:Hmm... Weird its not working for me... do you allow the SIMS4.exe or block it..
I block it, but keep in mind: It didn't work on my PC, it worked on another one, so it's still not a total solution, sorry...I'm dabbling with the registry right now to find where the problem is.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Mar 2015, 08:14

AlKabeer wrote:
ZeroX2301 wrote:Hmm... Weird its not working for me... do you allow the SIMS4.exe or block it..
I block it, but keep in mind: It didn't work on my PC, it worked on another one, so it's still not a total solution, sorry...I'm dabbling with the registry right now to find where the problem is.
Yeah No Problem... thanks for the share anyway.. but anyway i install it not on C Drive cause my C Drive is full.. is that the problem?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Mar 2015, 08:15

ZeroX2301 wrote:
AlKabeer wrote:
Yeah No Problem... thanks for the share anyway.. but anyway i install it not on C Drive cause my C Drive is full.. is that the problem?
I don't think so, because I ran off an external HDD and on the E: drive on my sis's laptop

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Mar 2015, 08:21

AlKabeer maybe you get initialization error cause you delete the RldOrigin.dll from your Game/Bin directory.. cause if you delete it you will get initialization error instead of Origin is not running...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 24 Mar 2015, 13:49

ZeroX2301 wrote:AlKabeer maybe you get initialization error cause you delete the RldOrigin.dll from your Game/Bin directory.. cause if you delete it you will get initialization error instead of Origin is not running...

I'm sure it's there, but anyways, I got the 'cure'! Although, I can't publish it now, needs some more testing (I'll see on my cousin's PC later today) then publish (by tomorrow at most) it to make sure it's fail proof. As I suspected, it's in the registry somehow, but I need to pinpoint the specific thing (as I removed about half of the stuff on my registry  Why.) And once I get the exact problem, I'll make sure to post it here!  Smile

Could that be really the end of this problem? We'll see tomorrow!  Smile

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Edit:

Guys, the problem (as what I saw until now) is mostly in PCs where Origin was already installed, so could that mean it leaves registry files even after its uninstalled? I need someone to help me sort this out as my registry is kinda messy at the moment. Thanks in advance.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Edit:

Guys! I Pinpointed the problem! IT'S THE ELECTRONIC ARTS FOLDER IN THE REGISTRY!!!!!!!

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts] for 64 bit or [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts] for 32 bit

This entry stops the game from running (for some reason)!  (Tested on 5 PCs: Mine, my sister's, my cousin's, my other cousin's, my cousins' friend's)

Carlos! ZeroX2301! That's what we missed since the beginning!

Just a reminder: Take a backup of that registry node before deleting it, as all official EA games and Sims 3 (even pirated) needs that entry!

Hey! New discovery! You only have to backup the Electronic Arts registry entry on your PC, then delete it, then restore it again, Sims 4 will then work like a charm!

Last edited by AlKabeer on Wed 25 Mar 2015, 16:57; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 25 Mar 2015, 00:37

AlKabeer wrote:
ZeroX2301 wrote:AlKabeer maybe you get initialization error cause you delete the RldOrigin.dll from your Game/Bin directory.. cause if you delete it you will get initialization error instead of Origin is not running...

I'm sure it's there, but anyways, I got the 'cure'! Although, I can't publish it now, needs some more testing (I'll see on my cousin's PC later today) then publish (by tomorrow at most) it to make sure it's fail proof. As I suspected, it's in the registry somehow, but I need to pinpoint the specific thing (as I removed about half of the stuff on my registry  Why.) And once I get the exact problem, I'll make sure to post it here!  Smile

Guys, the problem (as what I saw until now) is mostly in PCs where Origin was already installed, so could that mean it leaves registry files even after its uninstalled? I need someone to help me sort this out as my registry is kinda messy at the moment. Thanks in advance.

Guys! I Pinpointed the problem! IT'S THE ELECTRONIC ARTS FOLDER IN THE REGISTRY!!!!!!!

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts]

This entry stops the game from running (for some reason)!  (Tested on 5 PCs: Mine, my sister's, my cousin's, my other cousin's, my cousins' friend's)

Just a reminder: Take a backup of that registry node before deleting it, as all official EA games and Sims 3 (even pirated) needs that entry!

Hey! New discovery! You only have to backup the Electronic Arts registry entry on your PC, then delete it, then restore it again, Sims 4 will then work like a charm!

Hello,

Good to hear that this works for you ! Though I'm curious about why this works...since Origin itself is not necessary to run the game. And when you delete that registry folder, you'll basically delete part of the Origin installation.

And what about those people getting the error who DON'T have Origin at all ?

Let's see what other people say about it, though.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Mar 2015, 07:25

Carlos wrote:
AlKabeer wrote:

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts]

Hello,

Good to hear that this works for you ! Though I'm curious about why this works...since Origin itself is not necessary to run the game. And when you delete that registry folder, you'll basically delete part of the Origin installation.

And what about those people getting the error who DON'T have Origin at all ?

Let's see what other people say about it, though.

Carlos, I just want to say, that folder is created even if you don't have Origin, it just needs any EA game to be installed (even The Sims 3), so this might be a problem to some people, although not all people who have Sims 3 here have the problem, so it must be another EA game, or another folder in the Electronic Arts registry that makes the problem, but backing it up, removing it, launching Sims 4 once, re adding the .reg file again,seems to solve the problem once and for all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Mar 2015, 14:53

damn.. didnt find Electronic Arts Folder in WOW6432NODE..i only find Electronic Arts folder in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/
Can you share me your registry Alkabeer?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 25 Mar 2015, 16:58

ZeroX2301 wrote:damn.. didnt find Electronic Arts Folder in WOW6432NODE..i only find Electronic Arts folder in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/
Can you share me your registry Alkabeer?

Sorry my bad, forgot to mention that WOW6432NODE is only in 64 bit systems, and yours is 32 bit, so yeah, that's the folder you should backup, delete, launch the sims 4, then restore

Edited the earlier post too

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 26 Mar 2015, 00:10

AlKabeer wrote:
Carlos, I just want to say, that folder is created even if you don't have Origin, it just needs any EA game to be installed (even The Sims 3), so this might be a problem to some people, although not all people who have Sims 3 here have the problem, so it must be another EA game, or another folder in the Electronic Arts registry that makes the problem, but backing it up, removing it, launching Sims 4 once, re adding the .reg file again,seems to solve the problem once and for all.

I didn't want to say it directly before (but maybe I should have): while it's certainly good to hear that this worked for you, I don't see a logical explanation of what exactly this "fix" does (simply deleting a folder in the registry and then restoring it).

Nevertheless, I did suggest this to another person here too, maybe it does help indeed. Smile  

If more people report this, then we will see. The ninteresting thing now is still this: why didn't I have to do that ? Why not the countless other people that I helped with TeamViewer so far ?

scratch
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top