Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Never done anything like this before - need help with expansion packs?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

CRACK - Never done anything like this before - need help with expansion packs? Empty Never done anything like this before - need help with expansion packs?

Post by Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 04:26

Sorry, never downloaded a game through torrents before so literally have 0 clue what I'm doing.
I bought the original sims 3 game and have the disk etc etc but just wanted to know how to download the expansion packs. I have read that link but it still doesn't seem to be working for me.

I have downloaded a few expansion packs that I want. I've downloaded the update thing (which doesn't seem to be doing anything? It says I already have the latest version, I clicked to download again anyway but the download thing just isn't doing anything) and I've downloaded the 'fix'.

Can someone just simply talk me through what I need to download and what I need to do, in terms that I'll understand as I have never done this before? Sorry for being an idiot - just can't get it to work! Everyone is making it looks so simple. I don't know if it's different because I bought the original game or what.

Thanks!!! -A

Back to top Go down

CRACK - Never done anything like this before - need help with expansion packs? Empty Re: Never done anything like this before - need help with expansion packs?

Post by Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 05:23

First, install the base game. Then go ahead and install the expansions and stuff packs u have https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t1171-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-3-correctly-must-read
If you read this it will help you a lot. Our downloads also have an instillation guide. Please review that and let us know if u still need help.

Back to top Go down

CRACK - Never done anything like this before - need help with expansion packs? Empty Re: Never done anything like this before - need help with expansion packs?

Post by Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 12:28

Yes I've read that and still confused. Do I need to uninstall my original game and download another?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 13:58

Alright, so what you need to do is install all the expansions/stuff packs you want. Once they are all installed go to the 'Fix'. Open the #crack folder. Copy it what is in that folder. Then open a new window. Go to you C/: drive. Once in there, go to Program File (x86), Then to the Electronic Arts Folder. Then The Sims 3 folder. From there go to the Game folder not Gamedata. The go into the Bin folder. This is where you stop going from folder to folder. DO NOT ENTER THE bin folder. Yes there is a difference between then Bin and bin folders. But once in the Bin folder right click and hit paste. It'll ask you to replace the files. Yes you want to replace the files. Only replace them. DO NOT KEEP BOTH. If you keep both it will not work for you. I really hoped this helped and I hope I didn't step on any toes. I just know how confusing this can be with all the different downloads you have to get.

I really do hope this helped lxbas. Never done this with a authorized copy before but it should still work. Basically what you are doing is changing out a couple files. And the instructions are a little confusing, and to me, not so straight forward. If this continues you might just want to uninstall the game completely and start from scratch. I know that is painful. Trust me. I got a bad copy once from somewhere else and lost 3 years worth of TS3. Good luck lxbas and let everyone know how it goes for ya.

Mods I really hope I didn't step on your toes. :-/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 14:01

P.S once everything is install do not launch them. It'll crash. And do not use the #crack folders that came with the expansions. Those cracks no longer work.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 14:15

Do not do this unless it still isn't working!!!

You might need to do the cracks from the 'Fix' for all the different expansions depending on the ones you are doing. What expansions did you get? Because if you have High End Loft, Ambitions, Fast Lane, Late Night, or Outdoor Living you will have to do those in each separate folder for that specific expansion. If you have Into the Future, Movie Stuff, Island, University, Seasons, Supernatural, Diesel, Sweet Treats, Show Time, Master Suite, Pets, Town Life, or Generations, you will not have to do anything with these expansions because your game IS up to date from what I read in your post.

If you need to crack High End Loft, Ambitions, Fast Lane, Late Night, or Outdoor Living it's the same as installing the crack from the #crack folder in the post I mentioned before. But instead of going into the The Sims 3 folder but the cracks for the expansions into the expansion folders.

I:E

C/: > Program File (x86) > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 Ambitions > Game > Bin

Just make sure you are use the right crack for the right expansion.

But make sure you do the main crack after you have done all the cracks for the expansions, and then updated. Like I said it is a little confusing. But once you done all the cracks for the expansions and it does say that your game is up to date, even if you didn't, do the main crack from the #crack folder in the 'Fix'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 14:30

Thank you! Seems straight forward enough I'll give it a go now. I managed to download all the expansion packs but when I opened my game and launched it nothing worked. Like, it's hard to explain with a prnt screen, but basically I'd get to the page where you choose your game or can start a new game but no words were showing up and I couldn't click play. I've uninstalled my original game and I'm just waiting for the download to finish. Will update you if I run into anymore problems. Thanks again!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Feb 2015, 14:45

I hope it did help :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 16 Feb 2015, 19:38

JerbearBlackwood wrote:
I:E

C/: > Program File (x86) > Electronic Arts > The Sims 3 Ambitions > Game > Bin

One thing to add: it is NOT necessary (anymore) to "crack expansions". If you are having problems, then this will have other reasons.

It doesn't matter what expansions you have installed, you ONLY have to use the two files inside the #crack-folder of the Ultimate fix of TS3 (or, in the #crack-folder of the "Complete Collection"). ANd nothing else. These two files are then copied + pasted to the base game location of Sims 3, replacing the existing files. And that should do !

In general, don't do anything else besides what is stated in the guide that LoriliHime linked to above. If there is no mention of "expansion cracks", then there is a reason that this is so (i.e. you don't need expansion cracks).
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top