Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 Base Game unable to install

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 Base Game unable to install Empty Sims 4 Base Game unable to install

Post by Guest Tue 14 Jul 2015, 23:58

Hello there, it's my first time on the forum.

A couple of days ago, probably three days by now, I downloaded your Sims 4 base game.
The torrent was fine and I was able to unpack it.

At first I had trouble with the setup3.cab file, but asumably it was because I had used 7-zip to unpack the rar file.

So after getting Winrar I re downloaded the torrent and extracted it so I would be installing a fresh file.

But I'm still having trouble.

Sims 4 Base Game unable to install Sims411

I'm not an expert with computers, so any help would be appreciated. I really do want to play this game, but its too expensive for me to run to Wal-mart or EBgames and just buy right now.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 Base Game unable to install Empty Re: Sims 4 Base Game unable to install

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 18 Jul 2015, 12:33

Welcome to the forum and sorry for the belated reply,

Indeed, that game (and its DLC) are way overpriced. As for the issue, is your Sims 4 download still in your torrent client ? If yes, please click on your Sims 4 download there and then, in your torrent client toolbar, click on the button STOP. After that, right-click on your Sims 4 torrent (inside the torrent client) and look for an option named "Force re-check"). Does that option show up ? if yes, please click on it, and wait until the re-check is finished; there will be a progress bar of sorts, that indicates the status.

After it's done, re-extract again using WinRAR, and try installing again.

If it doesn't work, then I'm almost out of explanations for now. One possibility could be to use a different torrent client, and re-download the whole thing. So for instance, if you used uTorrent, use something else now, like "BitComet" or "BitTorrent".

Good luck ! Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top