Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin pop-up (post folder relocation) [SOLVED]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin pop-up (post folder relocation) [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Origin pop-up (post folder relocation) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 05:03

First topic message reminder :

So I followed all the instructions when downloading the update, I moved the whole Sims 4 folder out of the Electronic Arts folder and replaced all the files with those in the RARs. However, when I try to open the game, Origin pops up nonetheless and I can't move forward Mad Has anyone encountered this or have any ideas for a solution?

Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Origin pop-up (post folder relocation) [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Origin pop-up (post folder relocation) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 23:47

ok add file to the exclusion list. i am gonna try in a bit.

Back to top Go down

Origin pop-up (post folder relocation) [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Origin pop-up (post folder relocation) [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 19 Aug 2015, 23:55

i am tryin to insert a picture of what the error is but its not letting me post it

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 03:28

SeoY wrote:
polina1105 wrote:Thanks for replying. I should have clarified, I already did all that. I even re-downloaded all the crack parts and reapplied it to the Sims 4 folder. Unfortunately, Origin is still popping up... any other ideas?

I see. Unfortunately, that error is most likely caused by some kind of security software that is messing up with the crack of the game.

Are you sure that the exceptions list of your antivirus was correctly configured? Or maybe there's some other security software that could be causing problems.

Was the game working fine before this latest Ultimate Fix?

You were right. My Microsoft Security Essentials was messing up the crack. I turned it off completely while extracting the files all over and viola! No more Origin issue Smile Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Origin pop-up (post folder relocation) [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Moved to program x86 and extracted files getting error

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 06:02

I'm getting an error when clicking on sims 4 shortcut, i'm not getting the  origin error anymore, I 'm getting: The item TS4.exe that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved. So this shortcut will no longer work properly. Do you want to delete this shortcut?  - I don't know what else to do -

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 07:15

Lizzy201 wrote:I'm getting an error when clicking on sims 4 shortcut, i'm not getting the  origin error anymore, I 'm getting: The item TS4.exe that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved. So this shortcut will no longer work properly. Do you want to delete this shortcut?  - I don't know what else to do -
That's only referring to the shortcut. If you go into the game>bin folders you'll find TS4.exe and can start it from there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 07:30

I've been following this topic in the forums and appreciate everyone's help so far. You guys are truly AMAZING!

Unfortunately I'm still having this issue. I've moved my TS4 folder directly to Program Files, I've added necessary files to my windows defender exclusions list, and when downloading the fix I only extracted from 1 update and (not all 5 at the same time) and it's still not working.

Question, does it make a difference that before I get the error I get a msg to update Origin? It's only when I dismiss the update or take too long that I get the error. 

Any clues as to what the problem may be would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks Everyone  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 07:59

emcke wrote:I've been following this topic in the forums and appreciate everyone's help so far. You guys are truly AMAZING!

Unfortunately I'm still having this issue. I've moved my TS4 folder directly to Program Files, I've added necessary files to my windows defender exclusions list, and when downloading the fix I only extracted from 1 update and (not all 5 at the same time) and it's still not working.

Question, does it make a difference that before I get the error I get a msg to update Origin? It's only when I dismiss the update or take too long that I get the error. 

I think the problem could be with the fact that you've left the game files in the original directory, under Program Files (86x)/electronic arts/The Sims 4. You need to put the The Sims 4 file directly under program files (86x). Problems with origin stopped when I did that!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 11:03

emcke wrote:
Lizzy201 wrote:I'm getting an error when clicking on sims 4 shortcut, i'm not getting the  origin error anymore, I 'm getting: The item TS4.exe that this shortcut refers to has been changed or moved. So this shortcut will no longer work properly. Do you want to delete this shortcut?  - I don't know what else to do -
That's only referring to the shortcut. If you go into the game>bin folders you'll find TS4.exe and can start it from there.
I went into game/bin tried to launch, but will not open - rebooted cpu, and issue still persists  -

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 20 Aug 2015, 17:51

Nekomoon wrote:
emcke wrote:I've been following this topic in the forums and appreciate everyone's help so far. You guys are truly AMAZING!

I think the problem could be with the fact that you've left the game files in the original directory, under Program Files (86x)/electronic arts/The Sims 4. You need to put the The Sims 4 file directly under program files (86x). Problems with origin stopped when I did that!
I probably wasn't specific enough, but I did put the game under program files (86x) and it still hasn't worked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 15:34

This is because you moved the folder so the shortcut is now not reading the location. Right click the shortcut, go to properties and change the location where it says "start in" to where you moved it. If you have it directly in x86 now, you will have to take out the "electronic arts" folder out. For example, mine looks like this "F:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe" (but you will probably have disk "C" instead of "F"). Let me know if it works for you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 15:37

You can try doing what I did if your PC is running Windows Microsoft Essentials. If so, you can turn of real-time protection temporarily while downloading, extracting, and transferring. That solved the problem for me, so perhaps it might help you as well.

p.s. I was also getting the Origin update, that doesn't make a difference.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 21 Aug 2015, 16:22

polina1105 wrote:

This is because you moved the folder so the shortcut is now not reading the location. Right click the shortcut, go to properties and change the location where it says "start in" to where you moved it. If you have it directly in x86 now, you will have to take out the "electronic arts" folder out. For example, mine looks like this "F:\Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin\TS4.exe" (but you will probably have disk "C" instead of "F"). Let me know if it works for you.
I have the kool aid grin! LOL... Thanks!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Aug 2015, 04:59

I did all of these same steps (uninstalled and reinstalled as well)... and I'm still having issues with the "origin not running" thing... I'm frustrated...  No

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Aug 2015, 06:36

JennieBoo87 wrote:I did all of these same steps (uninstalled and reinstalled as well)... and I'm still having issues with the "origin not running" thing... I'm frustrated...  No
Hey, I'm the last person to offer any type of advice when it comes to things like this, but believe me, I understand your frustration, started on the 19th, and got it working on the 21st - I had every kind of error going on...  lol bc I'm not a quitter... Here's what I did: You really have to actually follow all the steps in the instructions, and add the folders to your anti-virus exception list (had mcafee, and could not add exceptions, so deleted and got avg (love it) - I uninstalled the sims 4, and reinstalled it - (don't know if you have to do this step, but I did, and the game worked): I installed the fix, then downloaded all the parts with winrar, extracted part 1 to my desktop, copied (not moved) all the folders from desktop to the C: programsx86\electronic arts/sims 4 (you get the idea)  - tried the game and got the origin error: so moved  the sims 4 folder from the electronic arts, to programs x86 directly - shortcut wasn't working so the awesome "Polina1105" provided steps to manually configure shortcut, and VOILA!!! - Hope you get the Kool Aid Grin to!!! Good Luck!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Aug 2015, 07:01

I had the exact same problem (exact same popup error notice) with Nekomoon.  Also moved the Sims folder away from where it is installed. Mine was inside "program files ( x86)" folder, and moved to another folder.  That made everything fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Aug 2015, 11:00

Hi, so I had the same issue and this might help. 
I say might because I'm using Mac and a wrapper to get the windows version work, so maybe it doesnt work in actual windows. 
I had the same issue and moved a ton of files to different folders etc etc, (in the end I had 3 different wrappers with 3 different versions of the game and 3 of them were back ups and none of them worked..) (in the last last end i could let my sims do yoga!) 

I read on the Ea forum that people having bought a legit version of sims 4 were encountering the same origin problem
and the solution there was to download a new version of origin..

sooo I just put 1 and 1 together, downloaded a windows version of origin and installed it. It crashed immediatly and it obviously doesn't work with my wrapper, but it solved my problem! So maybe, you could try that. The origin site was also a total mess and their download links didn't work so I found a blog with an old version of origin and it worked fine. 

BUT, MAYBE THIS IS A VERY DANGEROUS METHOD FOR WINDOWS PLAYERS , IM NOT SURE. Make sure it's ok to have origin without it **** up your game (don't make it have acces to internet, that's for sure) 

I didn't log on, I couldn't even open origin, there was just a folder named Origin next to electronic arts in program files (which is where my game is installed and it works fine)

this is one thing I did. But I tried so many things so maybe it wasn't actually the origin who did it in the end.

- Once I got my game to actually start up it crashed a billion times, but I re-unzipped the fix completely, and then copied everything nicely and precisely and then it stopped crashing.

- First I always tried to run the game with a 'clean' version of the sims folder in my documents. And secondly with my original mydocuments/sims 4 files (my save games before this fix)
(because if you rename your sims 4 folder, the one in my documents, not the program files one, your game just makes a new 'clean' version without any save files.)
- then in the end I moved my complete wrapper to a different folder and then it worked aswell (but it doesn't make sense if that would've been the trick)

Okay, to wrap it up (pun intended)
- Download origin, install it, don't do anything with it, just make sure there is a folder in program files called that way 
- try to copy everything once again nicely and precisely (I did every folder one by one, copy all the files in it .. etc, do this focused or you'll make mistakes)
- go waaay out a line and try to move your install folder to a different disc or something..

I think there IS a better fix for this, because it looks like either your game is smart enough to locate the absence of origin, or it is not.

my origin crashes every time before the game even starts.. So really, just install it and maybe mess up the folders within or something. I don't know.

MAKE BACK UPS FROM EVERYTHING EVERYTIME. IMPORTANT

Ok. Maybe it works. Good luck!

(if it doesn't.. I suggest just playing without yoga mats and kitchen stuff and I'm sure there will be a fix/update for it soon)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Aug 2015, 18:37

How did you get the shortcut to come up after you moved your files out of the electronic arts folder? I can't find how to open the sims 4 now because my short cut is gone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 22 Aug 2015, 23:08

Wat.

Last edited by JennieBoo87 on Sun 23 Aug 2015, 03:26; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Figured it out)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Aug 2015, 03:25

It's still not working for me. Js.  Wat.
Can someone type out the steps for me? lol I feel dumb and maybe I'm just not comprehending.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Aug 2015, 04:37

Meezer wrote:
kingwaqas wrote:well the mistake everyone(including me) made was to highlight all the 5 parts and then extract the files...don't do that. 
i reinstalled my double deluxe version of the game i had and applied the update. 
don't forget to put the sims 4 folder in the exception list of your antivirus (+as the admin said get the sims 4 folder out of the electronics arts folder). 
so now right click on the first part of the fix (just the first one please) and click on extract files>change the location to sims 4 install folder(will be something like C:\Program Files\The Sims 4) and click on ok (and yes to all when asked) and wait for the extraction to finish. enjoy Smile
This fixes everything! Thank you!

I have been following these forums for years, I just made an account finally to say thank you. Finally got it to work!!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Aug 2015, 13:48

Reuzeperzik wrote:Hi, so I had the same issue and this might help. 
I say might because I'm using Mac and a wrapper to get the windows version work, so maybe it doesnt work in actual windows. 

Could you please explain a little bit more in detail? I have also been trying for days to get the new update to work on Mac through Wineskin, only with the origin error message as a result. 
Sorry if this is hijacking someone else's thread, I only created an account to fix this issue. I am not that familiar with how you start a new thread and tag another user, or send a private message. 
Help

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sun 23 Aug 2015, 19:02

You are all welcome to download the torrent below (and watch the video tutorial) which my repack of Carlos's version, but on a single file and it should have a much better download speed, as long you keep seeding!

How to Install The Sims 4 with Cool Kitchen Stuff, Spa Day and all DLCs (with torrent link)!

Tea 3 Tea 3 Tea 3 Tea 3 Tea 3 Tea 3
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 23 Aug 2015, 20:01

So I actually got it to work flawlessly on Mac through Wineskin! The solution was to download and install an older version of Origin, the windows version, in the same wrapper. Maybe this information could be of some help to Windows users as well!
Can't touch banana

Back to top Go down

Post by Sim Architect Sun 23 Aug 2015, 20:22

aleur wrote:So I actually got it to work flawlessly on Mac through Wineskin! The solution was to download and install an older version of Origin, the windows version, in the same wrapper. Maybe this information could be of some help to Windows users as well!
Can't touch banana
AWESOME! Problem solved, topic closed.

Thank you very much for sharing your solution!
Sim Architect
Sim Architect
G4TW HONORARY Moderator
The Gray Eminence :p
G4TW HONORARY Moderator The Gray Eminence :p

Windows version :
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Plants vs Zombies, The Sims 3, Cities Skylines, The Sims 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top