Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Just cant get Sims 4 working.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Just cant get Sims 4 working. Empty Just cant get Sims 4 working.

Post by Guest Sun 10 Jan 2016, 21:01

Hi guys,

been trying for a few days to get this working, have followed all the instructons, done patches, uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times but one thing that  is never asked is do I actuallt need to download Origin itself?

Thanks

Back to top Go down

Just cant get Sims 4 working. Empty Re: Just cant get Sims 4 working.

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 11 Jan 2016, 18:07

kiszcat wrote:Hi guys,

been trying for a few days to get this working, have followed all the instructons, done patches, uninstalled and reinstalled multiple times but one thing that  is never asked is do I actuallt need to download Origin itself?

Thanks

Hello again,

So you have been following the instructions in these 2 threads ?

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t18501-unable-to-start-initialization-error-at-startup-updated-on-11-9-2015

https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19191-unable-to-start-origin-is-currently-not-running-alternative-solutions

And you applied these things on your own system ? And you are getting (I assume) the "Origin must be running"-error ? 

First off, are you sure you moved the installation folder of The Sims 4, OUT of "Electronic Arts", and into a different location ? For example, directly under Program files (x86). Also make sure that while doing this, to delete all old desktop shortcuts, and create new ones.

Did you also try disconnecting the internet before playing that pirated Sims 4 ?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Jan 2016, 22:30

Hi there, yes I sure have multiple times and no joy I'm afraid.

Still working on it though so hopefully I'll get there. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 17 Jan 2016, 05:54

kiszcat wrote:Hi there, yes I sure have multiple times and no joy I'm afraid.

Still working on it though so hopefully I'll get there. Smile

Yep, just with pretty much any modern game that has been pirated, you have these problems also in The Sims 4. The "No-Origin" pirated version of the game appears to be very "delicate" in the sense of being very susceptible to security software. Some people also say that EA is putting some form of spyware on people's computers that allegedly blocks these pirated games, but I don't know what to make of this.

I'm afraid it's going to involve more work, getting those modern pirated games work, than games from earlier periods (The Sims 1, 2 & 3).

Feel free to keep us posted here, sure. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Just cant get Sims 4 working. Empty I bought Sims 4 base game, can i use your add on packs?

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 22:41

Hi there,

Well after downloading, uninstalling and reinstalling going in to double figures with no luck I bit the bullet and bought the base game.

What I was wondering is can I use your add on packs? I think somebody asked before but I didn't understand.

Sorry if its already been asked. :$:

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Jan 2016, 22:52

kiszcat wrote:Hi there,

Well after downloading, uninstalling and reinstalling going in to double figures with no luck I bit the bullet and bought the base game.

What I was wondering is can I use your add on packs? I think somebody asked before but I didn't understand.

Sorry if its already been asked. :$:

//MERGED

Hello again,

I decided to merge your new post to the topic you already opened earlier, because your new post is still related to the old problem (in my opinion). Smile

That said, I'm sorry to say it, but you should have asked us before buying that game. Yes, you "can" mix a legit base game of Sims 4 with torrented DLC items, as long as you turn off game updates in Origin (see this here) AND you made sure to configure your anti-virus exclusions properly.

But beyond that you will still need to add the crack files if you want to use pirated DLC. And at that point you're back to square one (see your original problem here). You would really need to buy the base game and ALL DLC of The Sims 4, if you wanted to bypass this issue you are having with "Origin must be running".

I'm sorry to disappoint you, but that is how things look. WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 22:55

No no, that's fine.

Thank you for your honest answer.

I think my head might explode if I go back to that error again and in truth, I don't mind buying them really. I forgot how much fun it was! Very Happy

P.S I'm really enjoying the forum anyway....very useful!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 23 Jan 2016, 23:01

kiszcat wrote:No no, that's fine.

Thank you for your honest answer.

I think my head might explode if I go back to that error again and in truth, I don't mind buying them really. I forgot how much fun it was! Very Happy

P.S I'm really enjoying the forum anyway....very useful!

No worries, and you're welcome. In the past, I suggested to various users that they consider a formatting/fresh re-installation of Windows, if they insist on playing a pirated Sims 4 game. Those users who really went that far, actually managed to get the game working then. Of course, that is a huge hassle, and it may not be worth your time, but if you like, consider the option. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 23 Jan 2016, 23:05

Funnily enough, my install is actually very new but obviously has had AV and stuff put on it so I'm guessing that's where the problem lies.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 25 Jan 2016, 23:57

kiszcat wrote:Funnily enough, my install is actually very new but obviously has had AV and stuff put on it so I'm guessing that's where the problem lies.

Yes, this will especially be the case with the CDs and/or DVDs that come along in pre-built computer packages. These discs often contain - besides the actual Windows operating system installer - other "useful software" too. And this "useful software" can indeed cause problems too.

I myself have resorted to using pirated .ISO files for installing Windows. They are clean and only install the operating system for you. But yes, I guess I can't suggest more here.

Wat.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 26 Jan 2016, 18:00

Its a home built system with my own windows install but has had Kaspersky put on it before I tried the Sims as I hadnt found it yet. Hindsight eh? Wat. Surprised

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 27 Jan 2016, 02:56

kiszcat wrote:Its a home built system with my own windows install but has had Kaspersky put on it before I tried the Sims as I hadnt found it yet. Hindsight eh? Wat. Surprised

If you suspect program remnants of security software (which can indeed cause problems), try googling these "removal tools", if you haven't done so yet already. At the end of the post here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19939-anti-virus-uninstall-tools

You can find links to removal tools, of the most commonly-used programs. Hope this helps a little bit ! Surprised
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top