Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 has stopped working.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 has stopped working. Empty Sims 3 has stopped working.

Post by Guest Wed 03 Feb 2016, 00:04

I've been having this problem everytime I play this with your download. I'd say it's been going on for a year now.

Everytime I play this game. Within 2-6 sim hours I get ''The sims 3 has stopped working'' And it's so annoying since I get alot done and I forget to save. Now I have to save every minute. I don't know how to fix this please help!

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 has stopped working. Empty Re: Sims 3 has stopped working.

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 03 Feb 2016, 00:27

Hello,

Welcome to the forum!
Your problem is quite common, unfortunately. Have a look here, and if all of those fail, let us know!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Feb 2016, 00:55

I watched the video for the DEP.
I restarted my pc got on and within like.6-7 minutes I crashed.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 03 Feb 2016, 03:39

Amber122 wrote:I watched the video for the DEP.
I restarted my pc got on and within like.6-7 minutes I crashed.

Hello @Amber122,

This here refers to a very common problem in The Sims 3:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21716-excessive-fps-rendering-in-the-sims-3-updated-on-16-12-2015

Please change the setting for your graphics card control panel to force vertical synchronization permanently ON. Depending on what your graphics card is (NIVIDA, AMD, etc.), you may need to do some research on your own too, as I mainly focused on NVIDIA. I am planning though to extend this with (googled) screenshots. Very Happy

Good luck for now !
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Feb 2016, 06:48

It already says VSync is on, is there anything else?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 03 Feb 2016, 07:07

Amber122 wrote:It already says VSync is on, is there anything else?

OK. Try saving your sim family in the library under "Edit town" mode. Then make a new save (in a new neighborhood if you like), put your sim family from the library into that new world, and play on there. See how it goes from.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 03 Feb 2016, 07:46

I don't really think it's the neighborhood because when I first launched the game after I downloaded and cracked it.
Without any mods or cc. It crashed within the minutes which I found strange. It's random like it doesn't even have to be 4-5 minutes it can be longer. But I'll try. The world I was using is StoryBrook County.

Is Razor Game Booster conflicting with my game? Do I need to not use razor game booster to launch it.
Do I run the sims 3 as admin?
I'll try to do the neighborhood thing like you said.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 04 Feb 2016, 01:12

Amber122 wrote:I don't really think it's the neighborhood because when I first launched the game after I downloaded and cracked it.
Without any mods or cc. It crashed within the minutes which I found strange. It's random like it doesn't even have to be 4-5 minutes it can be longer. But I'll try. The world I was using is StoryBrook County.

Is Razor Game Booster conflicting with my game? Do I need to not use razor game booster to launch it.
Do I run the sims 3 as admin?
I'll try to do the neighborhood thing like you said.

I'm using Razer's GameBooster myself all the time, and I never see any conflict whatsoever, with any game. Running The Sims 3 as Admin should not be necessary either, but feel free to give it a try if you think otherwise (it doesn't hurt anyway).

And the reason I suggested the previous thing was not meant to indicate that your custom world is the problem. Smile  I suggested this because of the possibility of save-game corruption, which is typically unrelated to installed custom content.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 14 Mar 2016, 01:08

This happens to me also. I did was delete all my MOD, I have lots of Mods in the sims 3, so I deleted all and I don't encouter it anymore.
Try it if you have mods installed copy and paste it to other storage then delete it from you sims 3 mods folder, after deleting it try to play again and lets see if this occured again. ^^

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 09 Apr 2016, 23:27

I believe it is my V-Sync, I have windows 10 and there is no option to turn it off sadly, so I will try to play in fullscreen but I doubt it will stop the crashing.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 10 Apr 2016, 01:05

Amber122 wrote:I believe it is my V-Sync, I have windows 10 and there is no option to turn it off sadly, so I will try to play in fullscreen but I doubt it will stop the crashing.

Windows doesn't have an option for that. In order to turn vertical sync on or off, you must look into your graphics card control panel, and there set the appropriate option.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Apr 2016, 01:59

I did look Into my Intel Control Panel, but there is no option to turn it off, Just Driver Settings and Application Settings, so now it's just like constantly saying Sims 3 has stopped working like after 2 minutes, I've tried to see if it was CC, and tried to find some corrupt files, and there is nothing. I don't know what to do.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 10 Apr 2016, 11:03

Amber122 wrote:I did look Into my Intel Control Panel, but there is no option to turn it off, Just Driver Settings and Application Settings, so now it's just like constantly saying Sims 3 has stopped working like after 2 minutes, I've tried to see if it was CC, and tried to find some corrupt files, and there is nothing. I don't know what to do.

I find that hard to imagine, but if you say there isn't an option for this V-Sync, then I'll take it for now. I'm mainly familiar with NVIDIA graphics cards only, hence my little post is focused on that in the first place.

I'll assume you have an "Onboard graphics"-chip ? If so, keep in mind that these things aren't made for gaming purposes. Some more expensive laptops have both an Onboard-chip and a more "dedicated" graphics card, and you are able to choose which of these an application can use. But normal laptops generally have onboard-chips only.

In case of the latter, I'm afraid you will need to consider playing on another computer or buying something new, I'm sorry. Try playing on the lowest settings if you haven't done that, but beyond this I can't say more.

WhatDidUJustCallMe?
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 10 Apr 2016, 21:55

I do not have a laptop, but a Desktop PC and I run Sims 3 just fine on High Graphics, Medium etc.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 10 Apr 2016, 22:10

Amber122 wrote:I do not have a laptop, but a Desktop PC and I run Sims 3 just fine on High Graphics, Medium etc.

OK, what is the model of your graphics card ? Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Apr 2016, 00:43

Intel Graphics HD 530, I'm buying a better one soon, but not this month or two.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Mon 11 Apr 2016, 19:13

Amber122 wrote:Intel Graphics HD 530, I'm buying a better one soon, but not this month or two.

Being able ti run something on high settings is one thing, but it is still advised to not rely on such a device in the long run. Smile  As said, these graphics chips are not made for (long-term) gaming.

Have you checked out this here already ?
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/graphics-drivers/000005552.html
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 11 Apr 2016, 23:27

yes I have but, there is no off and on button for the first step, I honestly don't know and if you can't help me then you can lock this thread. :C

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Tue 12 Apr 2016, 01:17

Amber122 wrote:yes I have but, there is no off and on button for the first step, I honestly don't know and if you can't help me then you can lock this thread. :C

If you like, I can give it a try and assist you with TeamViewer in that. See this page for more information.
https://www.games4theworld.org/contact.html

Check the forum's chatbox (on top of the forum's main page) regularly to see if I am online there. If you see me there, log in, and we will see further. Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 15 Apr 2016, 03:34

Alrighty! I also changed neighborhoods and everything was perfectly fine, no crashes but just freezes at certain times to where I have to restart the game. But I did that last time I had to lose all my family progress and start in a new town but the crashing starts about Mid Game, when everyone has their families and everything.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top