Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How to install Sims 3 properly

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

How to install Sims 3 properly - Page 2 Empty How to install Sims 3 properly

Post by Guest Wed 03 Feb 2016, 17:55

First topic message reminder :

Hello everyone, ok so after a long delay i am going to give this another shot, i have downloaded the manual patch from G4TW as well as The Ultimate fix, but i see the Ultimate Fix is a single file (no instructions, all original files etc) just 1 .rar file. this this correct?
Also i was reading the *MUST READ* How to install the Sims 3 correctly form, they say we must download and install the base game, do we have to download it? what if we own an original copy of the disk???? if we HAVE to download, please can someone give me the link???

much appreciated,
Tami
Oh my... :$

Back to top Go down

How to install Sims 3 properly - Page 2 Empty Re: How to install Sims 3 properly

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 17 Feb 2016, 19:09

Hello,

You need this to get those items to work properly.

☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Back to top Go down

How to install Sims 3 properly - Page 2 Empty Re: How to install Sims 3 properly

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 17 Feb 2016, 19:18

*Tami* wrote:Hi Carlos, lol sorry i should have updated you, i redownloaded Monte Vista on Mega link and it worked, so thankfully that is sorted. Carlos is tha man!!!

Yes i did follow those steps, i applied the 
"f you have 3072 MB of RAM installed: bcdedit /set IncreaseUserVA 2560" but i do have 4GB of RAM but only 3.49GB usable. So is the above mentioned correct??

Much appreciated,
Tami Laughing

...and if you have 4GB of RAM and want your "user applications" to make the most of it, then use the command bcdedit.exe/set  IncreaseUserVA 3072. Smile

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Feb 2016, 20:20

Hi Edin and Carlos,

Thank you both so much for the help!!  Very Happy Very Happy Dedicated to Carlos Dedicated to Carlos

Tami

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Feb 2016, 16:57

hi again, 

well all seems to be A OK which is AMAZING!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy Very Happy The only thing ive noticed is that Midnight Hollow town is... red...like the lighting is red. just wondering if anyone else has had this??

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Thu 18 Feb 2016, 18:23

Hello,

Looking at Google images, that red lighting is normal. It's probably that way to add to the mystique of that neighbourhood.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 18 Feb 2016, 19:09

"Red lighting" ? The only thing I ever noticed was complete blackness in that neighborhood. But I have to admit, I never really played there, once I saw it was that dark. Very Happy
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 19 Feb 2016, 19:35

Hi Carlos and Edin,

ok well it seems to cause no crashes so ill take it as "normal"
thanks again,
Tami

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 May 2016, 12:50

Hi again Carlos,

Ok so after months of Problem-Free simming, i have a question....
About a month ago i tried to install Nraas MasterController, Woohooer, StoryProgression and i think 2 or 3 of their Add-ons, which needless to say SCREWED my entire game up.

my question is, is there anyway or a particular version i could use these mods (i sort of need them for my "Simstagram" story) and they WONT crash my game havd i have to sit for 3 whole days sorting it out??

Sorry for the noobish question.

Much appreciated,
Tami

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 28 May 2016, 16:02

Hello,

It's possible that you need older versions of those mods. I've heard about newer Nraas mods crashing the game from time to time. I've never had that problem myself, but I never updated my mods since I installed TS3 on this PC, which is at least a year and a half ago.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 May 2016, 17:40

Hi Lady Eldi,

thank you for that! i love my mods but havent used them since "The Great Crash of March '16"

Do you perhap shappen to know which versions you are running?? 

Thanks 
Tami  Dedicated to Carlos Dedicated to Carlos

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 28 May 2016, 17:49

I'm not sure, but they all seem to be from 2014. Perhaps if you go back 1 "phase", that should do the trick.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 28 May 2016, 18:49

ok ill give it a go, Thank you Lady Eldi xxx

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 28 May 2016, 20:00

You're welcome. Please let us know if it works!
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Thu 02 Jun 2016, 06:12

That may come a little late now, but in general I would recommend that once you found a set of working (NRAAS) mods in The Sims 3, that you NOT update them again thereafter, even if the mod creators advertise the bug fixes.

In the case of NRAAS I often found that after getting a newer mod version (and yes, these mods still get updated today), I got even more problems than before. Which led me to rollback to earlier mod versions.

All my NRAAS mods for TS3 are from the year 2014, some are even from 2013. And they are all still functional with the game version 1.67. 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top