Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Origin Error (again).

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Origin Error (again). - Page 2 Empty Origin Error (again).

Post by Guest Fri 03 Jun 2016, 20:36

First topic message reminder :

My game was running smooth as silk until the other day.  All of a sudden, I'm getting the famous Origin error when trying to start up my game.  I made NO changes to anything (my game, my laptop, my AV) in between the last time running it (which ran fine btw) and now.  I have installed and uninstalled twice.  I have already applied the GT hotfix, the Sims 4 fix, and the No Origin files fix with no luck. I have completely shut off my AV (McAfee) with no luck.  I have completely uninstalled my AV software and added The Sims 4 folder to my windows defender exception list also with no luck.  I want to add the game to my AV software exception list, but I can't find it and really hoping someone one here has had experience with McAfee AV and can help me with a work around to getting this fixed. Is this even a problem with the McAfee AV software??  Where did I go wrong?  Some direction would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

Back to top Go down

Origin Error (again). - Page 2 Empty Re: Origin Error (again).

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 Jun 2016, 18:19

Tarac wrote:
I have The Sims 4 in the folder D:\Program Files(x86) and my 64-bits game works perfectly.

Yes, any other location should do as well here. As long as it's not under C:\Program files (x86), anything should be fine. I suggested C:\Program files out of habit for simplicity.

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Jun 2016, 19:42

Thanks for trying to help me find a solution guys/gals!  

I've run TS4 from C:\Program files (x86) before with no problems until now, but I did try running it from C:\Program files, and still encountered the Origin error.  I can not run it from D:\Program Files(x86) as I don't have a D drive.  I am on a laptop and only have a C drive.  Im on a AO1 Toshiba, and only within the last month have I run into these problems getting TS4 to start.  Last thread, once I found a solution, everything was a-okay until my dumbazz decided to scan my laptop using the formally installed AV software.  I can not run the game with TS4.exe because once I go to use custom content (in CAS or build/buy mode), the game crashes. I make custom content for the community.  I use custom content.  So crashing using TS4.exe is unacceptable and will not work for me. I have followed the thread and instructions in this link, https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19191-unable-to-start-origin-is-currently-not-running-alternative-solutions, but it was unhelpful. And, again, I still do not have any AV software installed, nor do I have Origin installed, or any Origin folder installed ANYWHERE on my system. I have removed all of them. 

Everything goes fine until I install Get Together.  That's when I'm encountering the error.  If there was a way to completely remove Windows Defender from this machine, I would, cause I just hate its intrusiveness at this point. And although I've followed every single instruction on DL'ing the base game and it's subsequent EP's to a T, this laptop and this game just do not like each other right now.  I'm just going to start at the beginning, again (for the umpteenth time), and keep on keeping on until I can get in game again. *sighs* I'll update this thread once I find a solution.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Jun 2016, 10:20

You can delete Defender - see This Page

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 26 Jun 2016, 19:38

simplypixeling wrote:Thanks for trying to help me find a solution guys/gals!  

I've run TS4 from C:\Program files (x86) before with no problems until now, but I did try running it from C:\Program files, and still encountered the Origin error.  I can not run it from D:\Program Files(x86) as I don't have a D drive.  I am on a laptop and only have a C drive.  Im on a AO1 Toshiba, and only within the last month have I run into these problems getting TS4 to start.  Last thread, once I found a solution, everything was a-okay until my dumbazz decided to scan my laptop using the formally installed AV software.  I can not run the game with TS4.exe because once I go to use custom content (in CAS or build/buy mode), the game crashes. I make custom content for the community.  I use custom content.  So crashing using TS4.exe is unacceptable and will not work for me. I have followed the thread and instructions in this link, https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19191-unable-to-start-origin-is-currently-not-running-alternative-solutions, but it was unhelpful. And, again, I still do not have any AV software installed, nor do I have Origin installed, or any Origin folder installed ANYWHERE on my system. I have removed all of them. 

Everything goes fine until I install Get Together.  That's when I'm encountering the error.  If there was a way to completely remove Windows Defender from this machine, I would, cause I just hate its intrusiveness at this point. And although I've followed every single instruction on DL'ing the base game and it's subsequent EP's to a T, this laptop and this game just do not like each other right now.  I'm just going to start at the beginning, again (for the umpteenth time), and keep on keeping on until I can get in game again. *sighs* I'll update this thread once I find a solution.

Did you also keep the install order as follows ? Base game -> Get to Work -> Get together -> hotfix, which is also described here ?
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t21806-must-read-how-to-install-the-sims-4-correctly

Did you also try adding your whole C: folder to the exclusions in Windows Defender ?

That may sound cynical now, but I myself just got that error once, and that was easily remedied by re-applying the latest DLC (that was still back with "Get to Work" I think). I really don't know why so many people are having these difficulties with the game. I suspect this: not just fans are following the forum, but also lots of people who are not sympathetic to the work of Games4theworld. What I did see myself was that some anti-virus software programs still continue to work even after being turned off, or with their exclusions set. I just recently removed COMODO anti-virus, because it was giving me problems for (legit) online games. 

I also saw some people using "little" anti-virus programs that are downsized, but still somewhat functional. An (in)famous example is Lavasoft's "Web Companion", which should be removed. But these little programs come along in other downloads, when you install them - did you ever notice the prompt at the end of installations where it says "install free additional offers" ? Yes, that's where these things come from.

Other than that, in the past I used to suggest to people to re-install Windows, but yes, this is optional (and it's still not a 100% guarantee for the game to work afterwards). That said, there is only so much we can do at that point, sorry if we can't help further. Until your "mistake", you were able to run the game, weren't you ? I would let it rest for the moment, and when you feel more like it, try again the steps.

Tarac wrote:(...)

A small thing to clarify: The Sims 4 can be safely removed by just deleting the install folder and deleting these registry entries. And there are no separate (installation) folders for the base game and Get to Work/Get together, either. There is only 1 base game folder, and you add additional DLC subfolders INTO this base game folder.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top