Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Expansion crashing the game

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Expansion crashing the game Empty Expansion crashing the game

Post by Guest Sun 26 Feb 2017, 23:31

Okay so I got the base game from games4theworld and everything worked fine, then I tried to install the expansions and suddenly I couldn't launch the game at all, after searching and trying everything I found that after I install the Get Together expansions that's when I get the error of 'origin is not running' which means there must be a problem lying somewhere in that expansion but I got no idea how to fix it

Back to top Go down

Expansion crashing the game Empty Sims 4 doesn't even open

Post by Guest Mon 27 Feb 2017, 08:59

Hi, so I recently installed sims 4 base game and it worked just fine. Then I copied the DLCs up to Get Together and I forgot that I don't have origin yet so I downloaded it and after logging in Origin, I tried opening sims 4 but to no avail. The game doesn't even start nor does it have any response at all. There are no errors popping up, no icon in the task bar, it's as if nothing is happening? Am I doing something wrong?

oh btw, I don't have any antivirus.

Back to top Go down

Expansion crashing the game Empty Re: Expansion crashing the game

Post by Guest Mon 27 Feb 2017, 12:01

sighotic wrote:Okay so I got the base game from games4theworld and everything worked fine, then I tried to install the expansions and suddenly I couldn't launch the game at all, after searching and trying everything I found that after I install the Get Together expansions that's when I get the error of 'origin is not running' which means there must be a problem lying somewhere in that expansion but I got no idea how to fix it
Install City Living and most probably the problem will be solved.
Unless of course your install folder is still inside Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts and not in just Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Feb 2017, 12:06

redkairi wrote:Hi, so I recently installed sims 4 base game and it worked just fine. Then I copied the DLCs up to Get Together and I forgot that I don't have origin yet so I downloaded it and after logging in Origin, I tried opening sims 4 but to no avail. The game doesn't even start nor does it have any response at all. There are no errors popping up, no icon in the task bar, it's as if nothing is happening? Am I doing something wrong?

oh btw, I don't have any antivirus.
When you play with pirated DLC's you must not start the game via Origin.
Make sure Origin is not active anywhere on your computer.
When there's no icon on your desktop, try and start from your install folder (most likely C:|Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4\Game\Bin) TS4.exe or TS4_x64.exe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Feb 2017, 12:58

Hi, thanks and it opens fine but now it says "The sims 4 has stopped working" and I have no option but to close the program Sad what can I do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Feb 2017, 13:30

redkairi wrote:Hi, thanks and it opens fine but now it says "The sims 4 has stopped working" and I have no option but to close the program Sad what can I do?
Does this error pops up during loading or whilst playing ?
If whilst playing your computer may not be suitable for the Sims 4 (try lower settings)
If on loading, there must be something wrong with the installation (see my post HERE

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Feb 2017, 13:53

Tarac wrote:
redkairi wrote:Hi, thanks and it opens fine but now it says "The sims 4 has stopped working" and I have no option but to close the program Sad what can I do?
If whilst playing your computer may not be suitable for the Sims 4 (try lower settings)
If on loading, there must be something wrong with the installation (see my post HERE
That seemed to work!! Thank you so much  Yess, aye lieeke!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Feb 2017, 14:21

redkairi wrote:
Tarac wrote:
That seemed to work!! Thank you so much  Yess, aye lieeke!
There is also a possibility that your graphics card is not recognized by the Sims 4.

* Go to user\Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
* Open the file Config.log with Notepad
* Scroll down a little to Graphics device info
* You'll see the name of your graphics card and next to it  [Found: 1, Supported: 1]
* When you see both or 1 of them with a figure 0, then your card is not used optimally by the Sims 4

In that case copy these items (shown here for my computer)

Name (driver):   NVIDIA GeForce 315
Name (database): GeForce G 315 [Found: 1, Supported: 1]
Vendor:          NVIDIA
Chipset:         Vendor: 10de, Device: 0a22, Board: 1141174b, Chipset: 00a2

and we can take it up from there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 02 Mar 2017, 00:33

Tarac wrote:
sighotic wrote:Okay so I got the base game from games4theworld and everything worked fine, then I tried to install the expansions and suddenly I couldn't launch the game at all, after searching and trying everything I found that after I install the Get Together expansions that's when I get the error of 'origin is not running' which means there must be a problem lying somewhere in that expansion but I got no idea how to fix it
Install City Living and most probably the problem will be solved.
Unless of course your install folder is still inside Program Files(x86)\Electronic Arts and not in just Program Files (x86)\The Sims 4
Will try that, didn't do it yet because if you read the installation guide is says that it will not work unless you got the previous DLC's.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top