Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

64 Bit Application Error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

64 Bit Application Error Empty 64 Bit Application Error

Post by Guest Tue 20 Mar 2018, 04:56

I've been playing Sims 4 in 64 bit the entire time I've been playing it. Today I started getting a new error when starting the program.

64 Bit Application Error Tumblr_p5veqnjLFo1qm8y9bo1_540

As you can tell, to the left of the box, I've removed my mods in an attempt to trouble shoot seeing as this started after I had reinstalled some batch fixes done by S4S, so I attempted to start it up without mods entirely to no avail. The only other thing I've done that could've caused this problem is I force closed it in Task Manager, but this is something I've done quite a few times (mostly to avoid waiting for the program to close on its own when I've already Alt+Tabbed out of it. I can run the program in 32bit mode, but I want to find a fix for 64bit if there is one. Thank you so much!

Back to top Go down

64 Bit Application Error Empty Re: 64 Bit Application Error

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 21 Mar 2018, 16:35

kittindear wrote:I've been playing Sims 4 in 64 bit the entire time I've been playing it. Today I started getting a new error when starting the program.

64 Bit Application Error Tumblr_p5veqnjLFo1qm8y9bo1_540

As you can tell, to the left of the box, I've removed my mods in an attempt to trouble shoot seeing as this started after I had reinstalled some batch fixes done by S4S, so I attempted to start it up without mods entirely to no avail. The only other thing I've done that could've caused this problem is I force closed it in Task Manager, but this is something I've done quite a few times (mostly to avoid waiting for the program to close on its own when I've already Alt+Tabbed out of it. I can run the program in 32bit mode, but I want to find a fix for 64bit if there is one. Thank you so much!

Could be a strange antivirus/Windows Defender-related error (they show up more lately because of the 'new' crack). Check again your exclusions and ALSO if your "Downloads"-folder is listed in the exclusions. If not, you should add that folder as well. Most people overlook it, but that is also crucial.

You can then try deleting the "Game" subfolder from your install path of The Sims 4. And then fetch a new folder here, which will essentially include fresh crack files: https://goo.gl/nPGb16

That's the best I can suggest. Good luck!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top