Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 Unable to Start: game data missing or damaged (Help)

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 Unable to Start: game data missing or damaged (Help) - Page 2 Empty The Sims 4 Unable to Start: game data missing or damaged (Help)

Post by Guest Sun 07 Apr 2019, 17:03

First topic message reminder :

Hello everyone, 
I'm new to this forum, so sorry if this has already been asked, but today I downloaded the newest update of The Sims 4 including the base game and some of it's DLCs. 

It was installed completely, but when I clicked on the game this showed up:

This is my first time downloading the game, so any help is appreciated.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Unable to Start: game data missing or damaged (Help) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims 4 Unable to Start: game data missing or damaged (Help)

Post by Guest Sat 20 Apr 2019, 01:01

You didn't install part 2 of my patch. And why did you move those files there?
ep03/quicksfv.ini
gp01/dlc-toggler.exe
gp01/dlc-toggler.ini
gp01/language-changer.exe
gp02/patch-1.51.75.1020-p1.xbin
gp06/patch-1.51.75.1020-p2.xbin

dlc toggler and language changer should be in main installation folder. xbin file should be next to the setup.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Unable to Start: game data missing or damaged (Help) - Page 2 Empty Re: The Sims 4 Unable to Start: game data missing or damaged (Help)

Post by Guest Sat 20 Apr 2019, 01:16

Sorry I am new to all of this and got sort of confused. I now placed the language changer in the main folder. while you were replying I decided to start from scratch...

I had ran the validator, but I felt I should just try again and see what happens. I extracted the files that you guys indicated in the patch notes, replaced the sims 4 game folder with the new one and placed the patched files in the folder. I ran the game with the setup 1.51.75 installer and it gave me the message "origin is not installed and is required to play your game"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Apr 2019, 02:03

Setup is not the game exe. Know the difference.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Apr 2019, 03:19

"Always download _setup-*.exe and helper_tools.rar."

I followed what you posted in your instructions and downloaded the setup.exe from the installer but apparently I didn't need to even do that I just replaced the game folder with the new one and placed the patch files in it worked. I "know the difference" and should have just gone with my gut instinct and not even have installed that setup.exe file. I had updated the game prior to this update with no issue before. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 20 Apr 2019, 08:28

I think you're mixing my repack with G4TW release. Decide on one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top