Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 4 "Get To Work" doesn't actually get to work for me. [SOLVED]

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 4 "Get To Work" doesn't actually get to work for me. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Sims 4 "Get To Work" doesn't actually get to work for me. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 07 Apr 2015, 05:03

First topic message reminder :

Hello, the download isn't working for me. What I did.

1. download GTW, I already had the base game from yall.
  2. completely exited origin, turn off my firewall and my windows defender. I have no other antivirus software.
  3. I copied all the files from GTW to my sims 4 folder.
  4. ran the game with no problems EXCEPT for the fact that there was no GTW in the game. The base game is the exception to my firewall and my windows defender.
  5. deleted the folders and repeated steps 1-4 for 2 days now. 

I even went so far as to uninstall the base game, re-download it and re install it, with no problems whatsoever. The game runs perfectly, but GTW is not coming up. 

Now, I don't know if this means anything to yall, but I can only add the base game folders (installer, data, etc) as exceptions on windows defender. Whenever I try to add the files from the GTW folders, they never show up meaning I don't even see them anywhere to add them in, even from my desktop. I don't know if that is a clue for yall as to what I'm doing or what, but I would really like to know some ideas. Thanks!

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 "Get To Work" doesn't actually get to work for me. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Sims 4 "Get To Work" doesn't actually get to work for me. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2015, 19:59

Nothing is working and I noticed the admin is answering everyone else questions and I'm just wondering when he's gonna get to this one.

Back to top Go down

Sims 4 "Get To Work" doesn't actually get to work for me. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Empty Re: Sims 4 "Get To Work" doesn't actually get to work for me. [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2015, 20:13

Check your "Wndows Control Panel --> Programs and Features" and delete ALL programs which could interfere with your firewall and/or internet connection.

I had no antivirus application on my laptop at all but still got the "Origin is currently not running" error so i was suspicious that i could have another application on my PC, so i uninstalled every apllication i didn´t use anymore or were unimportant or freeware application which had names like "... Network .." and so on (Do not uninstall important applications though, you could screw your pc, so better ask your brother / sister / father or whoever who are familier with the PC)

After that you should restart your pc and the game (it doesn´t matter if you use the .exe or a shortcut) should start right away with ALL the DLC´s and whats most important : without Origin running in the background. Smile

Good luck folks, i hope all of you will be able to play this game soon. I was fighting since 8 days with it and it finally works for me.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 08 Apr 2015, 20:17

ccf3447 wrote:(...) and I noticed the admin is answering everyone else questions and I'm just wondering when he's gonna get to this one.

If you have a problem with me (or anybody else from the team), please say so directly. There you go:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/f6-complaints
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2015, 20:24

Oh, so you can answer? Don't get an attitude since I didn't have one with you. It was an observation.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 08 Apr 2015, 20:30

ccf3447 wrote:Oh, so you can answer? Don't get an attitude since I didn't have one with you. It was an observation.

Well, you may have "observed" too, that we are all volunteers here, and - as far as individual support is concerned - I may chose what to do, or what not. Usually, I will try and get back to all posts, but right now, it takes longer (due to the load).

And you may have also "observed" that you can also use the search function, if you need support very quickly.

As I said, if you have a problem, please say so directly. You are invited to share your concerns with us all. In case not: you may look elsewhere for your support. It's that easy.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2015, 20:37

I'm sure you noticed that I have placed input from other forums to help myself and the person who I was bouncing ideas off of which I obtain from a search. If you can't help me, that's fine, but like I stated before, your attitude or whatever tone you used in your response that you are still using is unnecessary, especially when I didn't have the intentions of offending.
You have a good day though.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2015, 20:39

ccf3447 do you have Sims 4 and the newest update and dlc installed right now?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2015, 20:44

Akeem, I have Sims 4 working fine and the game version says its  1.5.139.1020. The DLC is not showing up in my game though.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 08 Apr 2015, 20:46

ccf3447 wrote:I'm sure you noticed that I have placed input from other forums to help myself and the person who I was bouncing ideas off of which I obtain from a search. If you can't help me, that's fine, but like I stated before, your attitude or whatever tone you used in your response that you are still using is unnecessary, especially when I didn't have the intentions of offending.
You have a good day though.

If you don't have any intentions of offending, then don't imply that I respond to messages "selectively", as you did above:

ccf3447 wrote:(...) and I noticed the admin is answering everyone else questions and I'm just wondering when he's gonna get to this one.

But I'm not going to discuss with you - take the situation as it is, please. If you find that I am responding too slowly - fine, OK. But then you will need to get your support elsewhere.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2015, 20:47

Okay, may i see your Sims 4 folder ? Make a screenshot and upload it somewhere. I think you could have copied the files to a wrong path maybe.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2015, 20:49

I didn't imply that you were being selective. Just slow (as I didn't understand the amount of workload on yall) but I have someone else trying to help so if you can just continue on.

//EDIT

Ok Akeem

//EDIT

Sims 4 "Get To Work" doesn't actually get to work for me. [SOLVED] - Page 2 Untitl10

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 08 Apr 2015, 21:04

ccf3447 wrote:I didn't imply that you were being selective. Just slow (as I didn't understand the amount of workload on yall) ...

As I see you opened a new thread here:
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19727-problem

Please continue there, thank you. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2015, 21:08

You installed your basegame into your documents folder ? That´s weird - i dont know if this could cause problems but i think it should be better if you would have installed it in a different partition or into a seperate Games folder in the first place, instead of in the documents folder.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2015, 21:21

I don't think that's it. I always done that and its always worked for me. TS4 still works from there, just not the GTW, but I'm willing to move it. Where do you think I should?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 08 Apr 2015, 23:59

Hi, Akeem Ive installed my game in to the C:// programs(86) folder ( im sure that's not how its typed but you get the idea) but Ive still received the Origins error any ideas

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Apr 2015, 04:02

your game is installed in 2 different places, first is in your programs and second in your documents....i made the mistake of putting files in like you do in sims 3 when you dont do it like this for sims 4, it is a simple mistake to make and just adding the files to the right place made my stuff work right away so you shouldnt have to move the location of your game or anything like that (sounds confusing but trust me your game should be fine where it is) hope this helps

---------------------------------------------EDIT

ok i looked, make sure you put your files into you Sims 4 folder through your PROGRAMS folder NOT DOCUMENTS 
i did this and i wondered for like a week why my updates weren't working lol hope this helps Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Apr 2015, 17:47

Shalese08. Ok, I'll change it. Whenever I install it that's just where it pops up. I'll let you know if it works.

It finally works! I don't understand why it was placed there and let me play the Sims 4 from there, but not GTW, but honestly I'm too tired to question it. Major thanks to everyone that helped out. It was much appreciated! Carlos is tha man!!! Carlos is tha man!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 09 Apr 2015, 21:59

Mine still doesn't work though....

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 10 Apr 2015, 01:39

shalese08 wrote:(...)

ok i looked, make sure you put your files into you Sims 4 folder through your PROGRAMS folder NOT DOCUMENTS 
i did this and i wondered for like a week why my updates weren't working lol hope this helps Smile

Well, good to hear you got it working, although the included instructions in the download are very clear on this (actually): of course you don't copy the files into My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 4. This folder in Documents is only for savefiles, mods & CC, not for the actual installation and update of the game itself. 

The install instructions are there for a reason: they are meant to be read. And you are not supposed to interpret a meaning into those instructions, which is simply "not there". I know from experience that many people simply skip these things thinking "yeah I got this !11!!", and this case is a pretty good example of what happens if you actually "don't get it".

portcitygirl4 wrote:Mine still doesn't work though....

Please stick to your other thread here (to which I replied):
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t19670-obviousy-im-stupid

As the OP's issue seems solved, I will close the thread. Smile 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top