Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 Toddlers (& Vampires) !

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 Toddlers (& Vampires) ! - Page 21 Empty The Sims 4 Toddlers (& Vampires) !

Post by Guest Thu 12 Jan 2017, 19:09

First topic message reminder :

Mod edit: please note that actual problems on The Sims 4-related issues must be posted in the designated Forum sections, so either in The Sims 4 Downloads Support or in The Sims 4 in-game Support. This "Sims Emporium" section is exclusively for chit-chat only.

- The_gh0stm4n

I've been getting my tweets blown up with Sims people saying they released a free update with toddlers. Can I update it myself, or do I need to wait until it's on here??

https://www.thesims.com/news/sims-4-adds-toddlers

Mod edit: moved to "The Sims Emporium", link added & topic title shortened.

- The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Toddlers (& Vampires) ! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Sims 4 Toddlers (& Vampires) !

Post by Guest Sat 25 Feb 2017, 05:15

I have a question, one of my friends is going to let me download their sims 4 on my PC.
Do I need to uninstall my pirated version of the game? (they don't have all packs/expansions)

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 Toddlers (& Vampires) ! - Page 21 Empty Re: The Sims 4 Toddlers (& Vampires) !

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 25 Feb 2017, 06:11

cows5evah wrote:I have a question, one of my friends is going to let me download their sims 4 on my PC.
Do I need to uninstall my pirated version of the game? (they don't have all packs/expansions)

The Origin games - by default - will install under C:\Program files (x86)\Origin Games, so there won't be a conflict with the cracked game. But you'll need to pay attention to the folder "The Sims 4" under Documents\Electronic Arts: both the Origin Game + cracked game use that same location. See this guide here for an introduction and a possible way to deal with the conflict.

P.S. for the future please try staying on-topic and open a new thread in the appropriate section, since this question has nothing to do with toddlers or vampires. Smile

The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Feb 2017, 09:54

I havent been playing my sims latetly because I'm waiting for this toddler update. I want my next generation to become Toddlers! So I'll Just film and Make Sims 4 AND 2 Machinima's and wait. Im not playing my "orginal" family until we get the toddlers update. I will be waiting Patiently.  Cool Cool The Sims Plumbob 1

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 25 Feb 2017, 12:15

veronica55 wrote:
AlienCat wrote:someone wrote this on piratbay ...

What we do know is that teams from Russia and China were bribed not to make cracks until the end of the year.

I can not mention the affected teams but they are the two biggest.

That's exactly what I was talking about a few pages before. It was what I thought happened, people didn't believe me Smile 
There can be no other reason why the sims4 cracks are always coming soooo late after each new update and release.

Ok how about this for a reason: Back with TS3, all you really needed to crack the latest version was a legit base game, and one of the post-Generations EP's. There were cracks available from different scene groups, no one actually had to own everything. These days, the person who cracks it has to have the expertise, and own the entire game. That means they have to go out and buy 20-40$ worth of DLC every time something is released. It is also very likely that it is more difficult and time consuming to make the crack.

We have no idea who these people are. These people who have this expertise, have been cracking games for years, without ever getting anything in return. That in itself is completely feasible. "Why", you ask, "Why would would they do this for no other reason, than to provide people with these cracks? Why would they do that? What good does it do them and how can you be sure?".

Well, I can't speak for them, but I know that here, at Games4theworld, we have no other objective than to help you out. It costs us time and money, but doesn't earn us anything. Sure, some revenue is generated with ads here and there, but you definitely shouldn't overestimate that. That goes towards maintaining the hardware needed, and doesn't even cover it.

Anyway, considering that whoever has to crack these games has to own like, $500 worth of game+DLC, isn't it feasible that they do not run out the first chance they get to buy the new DLC? Don't you think they have to spend money IRL first, on their rent and utilities, and their groceries, and may not be able to buy the new DLC right away? And when they do, they still need to find time outside their job, family life and, I don't know, actually enjoying their game before they embark on the, no doubt long journey that is cracking the game.

Considering all this, I really don't think we need any conspiracy theories as to why the cracks take a while to be made available. Think about it, and use your common sense, everyone. That is a person who is spending time making these cracks. They have lives outside the internet. Just like we are people answering your questions, and testing and preparing the repacks. Without getting much in return aside from, the gratefulness of the users. And, perhaps, the "fame" associated with being a "well-known" uploader, though that doesn't do us much good in real life, for obvious reasons. 

It may sometimes be a bit difficult to remember that there is a living, breathing human being on the other end of it. But it's good to keep that in mind.

Patience people. Patience.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Feb 2017, 12:48

In the days of The Sims 3, cracking was not even necessary.
A good PowerIso copy in .daa form would be enough to install and play the game.
Such a copy was even "recognized" as being genuine.

Cracking is not so easy anymore as you cannot buy a physical disc with the installation-folders on it.
You can only download from Origin and the installation is performed by Origin themselves.
Certain temp folders are deleted after the actual installation is completed.

On my Dutch forum and websites I have no adverts whatsoever, so it's just costing me time and money to maintain these. Nevertheless I enjoy it to helping people with downloads and assistance.
We must be grateful that the scene-people try to crack the games at their own expenses.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Feb 2017, 12:50

i remember hearing years back that some scene groups do it for competition. who can release a crack first. guess thats why in some info files you see occasional trash talk lol.

That being said, if thats true... there is no competition on the sims 4, which would also explain why there is no rush.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Feb 2017, 18:41

Misfit203 wrote:i remember hearing years back that some scene groups do it for competition. who can release a crack first. guess thats why in some info files you see occasional trash talk lol.

That being said, if thats true... there is no competition on the sims 4, which would also explain why there is no rush.
Yea I think there is a lot of competition in the scene. I could see the original release of The Sims 4 being something to fight over but can't really see each expansion being that interesting to crack. Maybe if EA made the game harder to crack and made it somewhat of a challenge for them we'd see cracks sooner haha.

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 25 Feb 2017, 19:39

Foofoos wrote:
Misfit203 wrote:i remember hearing years back that some scene groups do it for competition. who can release a crack first. guess thats why in some info files you see occasional trash talk lol.

Yea I think there is a lot of competition in the scene. I could see the original release of The Sims 4 being something to fight over but can't really see each expansion being that interesting to crack. Maybe if EA made the game harder to crack and made it somewhat of a challenge for them we'd see cracks sooner haha.

I believe there's only one group cracking TS4 at this point. All the other releases are repacks.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 25 Feb 2017, 22:54

very funny how some of us talk about how easy and hard it is to crack the game, spare the few who know how. but most people who troll forums like that cant even crack solitaire hahaha... just saying. I must agree we don't even pay a dime for these cracks so really where is the motivation? I usually tell my self its the ex employee of the company itself, or a rival company or some guy who is campaigning for a job, perhaps someone who just has lots of time or perhaps someone who is really kind... either way you find 100k downloads and maybe 5 thank you notes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Feb 2017, 08:06

Denisov wrote:very funny how some of us talk about how easy and hard it is to crack the game, spare the few who know how. but most people who troll forums like that cant even crack solitaire hahaha... just saying. I must agree we don't even pay a dime for these cracks so really where is the motivation? I usually tell my self its the ex employee of the company itself, or a rival company or some guy who is campaigning for a job, perhaps someone who just has lots of time or perhaps someone who is really kind... either way you find 100k downloads and maybe 5 thank you notes.
Easy for those who have already done it. Hard for those who have yet to figure it out. Looking at TS4 at a low level it doesn't seem like it is that hard to crack. I have hardly any cracking experience and even I was able to dump the OEP. Which took me awhile to figure out but it is something I could do in literally 5 mins now. Because I have the experience. It did take me hours of research to figure it out first time however. If you're an experienced cracker I doubt The Sims is much of a challenge. How easy and hard it is, is completely relative.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 26 Feb 2017, 08:34

Renesis wrote:It's hard to believe that they crack the games and share them with strangers for free

Idealism. The same idealism that keeps people giving the motivation to work in e.g. charities or do other volunteer work. P.S. while we're at it: if people tell you that platforms like The Piratebay or similar earn "millions", then that is a blatant lie.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Feb 2017, 11:35

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Renesis wrote:It's hard to believe that they crack the games and share them with strangers for free

Idealism. The same idealism that keeps people giving the motivation to work in e.g. charities or do other volunteer work. P.S. while we're at it: if people tell you that platforms like The Piratebay or similar earn "millions", then that is a blatant lie.
 So they do it for free?I was just curious,cus i guess it takes a lot of time and money to do it,thanks @The_gh0stm4n!!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sun 26 Feb 2017, 12:29

Renesis wrote:
The_gh0stm4n wrote:

So they do it for free?I was just curious,cus i guess it takes a lot of time and money to do it,thanks @The_gh0stm4n!!

As I said, it's not hard to believe they would do it for free, much like we are doing all this for free Very Happy
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 26 Feb 2017, 12:45

Renesis wrote: So they do it for free?

Isn't that exactly what I said before? xD

But yes, if you have the educational and/or professional background, plus, if you figured out certain "patterns" in the software, creating future cracks may not be that difficult anymore. Back then with TS3, a lot of the work from past team members like @Shamrock or @J.T. was based on recognizing patterns in old cracks, and applying these patterns to updates.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Feb 2017, 15:21

I don't think the problem with cracking the latest updates lies with Vampires.
It's toddlers !
You hardly notice any difference in the base game before and after toddlers except for 1 file
Data\Client\ClientDeltaBuild0.package.
However when you just replace that file in the cracked version, the game won't work anymore.
So the big question is: "Where the Censored have they hidden the additional info ?"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Feb 2017, 17:05

Tarac wrote:I don't think the problem with cracking the latest updates lies with Vampires.
It's toddlers !
You hardly notice any difference in the base game before and after toddlers except for 1 file
However when you just replace that file in the cracked version, the game won't work anymore.
So the big question is: "Where the Censored  have they hidden the additional info ?"

When you checked what changed did you check the size of the files in comparison too. They could add or remove things from other files in the game that would only be visible in how large the file is? 
Just a thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Feb 2017, 17:08

Tarac wrote:I don't think the problem with cracking the latest updates lies with Vampires.
It's toddlers !
So the big question is: "Where the Censored  have they hidden the additional info ?"
does that mean you can crack vampyres without the toddlers?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Feb 2017, 17:32

Denisov wrote:
It's toddlers !
does that mean you can crack vampyres without the toddlers?
No, not I, but the crack-scene.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Feb 2017, 17:42

i dont think you can crack the vampires without the toddlers, i dont know anything about cracking games, i'm real bad with computer stuff, my mum does it all for me, she had to install the games onto the computer for me aha, but wouldn't you need the game to be fully updated for the vampires to work because it came out after the toddler update? i dont know if that's how it works so what i'm saying is pointless really but that's just what i thought.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Feb 2017, 18:09

I am pretty sure this is how it works though don't quote me. If you attempted to crack a version of the game it would have to be a fully updated version, because if you cracked vampires without anything else and added it to your game, you would literally have a game with nothing else but vampires. Due to the fact that when you place the cracked files in your games files it replaces other things. In order to crack vampires you would need to purchase everything. Determine which items have change from the update toddlers and vampires and then package and share it with the world. I tried to add toddlers to my game because I do own sims 4 base game and the get to work expansion, but when I saved the folders and transferred it changed the game type. I only had two version types - one with only toddlers and the cracked version. You need a version with all of the dlc in order to "crack"  it. 
IDK. So even if you have the base game there is no way to add toddlers to your cracked game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Feb 2017, 19:32

This doesnt make sense at all, do you suggest that with a legitimate game you cant play the game that has vampires only? As far as I know, since vampires is the latest version update, applying vampire makes your game that version, and cracks as far as I know from other games are version based not dlc based. if the dlc upgrades the version then the crack needs to be for that version. if you get an update that is later than the dlc, that crack will work for that game wether or not you have the dlc. in short I mean the crack that exist now, requires a base and the city living. even if i ddnt have go to work and all other stuff the crack would still work, only id have missing stuff in my game. I swear from this very website i got get together expansion pack as a stand alone, skidrow tends to combine them all, I remember requesting them to combine it once because the site i was using had dead links and I had uninstalled the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Feb 2017, 19:45

oh, yeah you can play a legitimate game with just vampires, like if you brought the base game and only the vampire pack it would work, but the game is just for too expensive for the little you get for it, and the game is also pretty boring without all the packs haha

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Feb 2017, 20:01

The trick is, you cant mix a cracked game with a legitimate game, so if someone cracked vampires only, my entire game would be functional, but if i got my hands on the toddlers update, that update would have to be itself cracked other it wouldn't function on my game despite it being and older version dlc. from what i know that what happens. But yeah I wouldnt advise someone to crack vampires only, toddlers fans would eat that person alive. but seriously even if someone released toddlers only, i wouldn't even bother downloading that crack... just saying.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 26 Feb 2017, 20:59

Up till version 1.25 you could have a legit base game and add pirated DLC's and you still had the complete game.
Since toddlers, ver. 1,26, you can still have a legit base game, top it up with pirated DLC's and your toddlers are vanished.
In my opinion this is the real problem cracking the game.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Feb 2017, 00:45

Hello! So, I have a quick question. I found a link that leads to a kickass torrent, I'm not sure if it works or not, but can somebody please tell me if it doesn't so I don't have to waste my time getting a virus?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Feb 2017, 01:31

Tarac wrote:Up till version 1.25 you could have a legit base game and add pirated DLC's and you still had the complete game.
Since toddlers, ver. 1,26, you can still have a legit base game, top it up with pirated DLC's and your toddlers are vanished.
In my opinion this is the real problem cracking the game.
well that's because toddlers are newer version than the available crack. some games wouldn't even start at all if you had an updated game version with an old crack. well i didnt know with the base you can mix legit and non legit games. but i know a legit dlc doesn't go over the non legit base game, unless i am missing something. legit game doesnt read the non legit files, it makes sense why toddlers vanish, because the cracks we have are lower version than toddlers, if you played legit toddlers, they wont read the non legit DLCs, so you will play toddlers with the base game only unless you had something else that is legit. So in essence, in you case you need crack that supports either toddlers or vampyres. I doubt toddlers alone can be cracked, like its said its not an update that come with a DVD. Which explains why you can find stand alone cracks for EP, but for other stuffs you need the entire game to do it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 27 Feb 2017, 03:01

lol! the crack comes when it it comes....just wish i had more patience tough

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 30 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top