Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Still struggling with the 'Origin Is Not Running' error

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Still struggling with the 'Origin Is Not Running' error Empty Still struggling with the 'Origin Is Not Running' error

Post by Guest Sat 27 May 2017, 18:03

Can't even access the new 'update-only' ultimate fix because it isn't on the download site it should apparently be on.

Back to top Go down

Still struggling with the 'Origin Is Not Running' error Empty Re: Still struggling with the 'Origin Is Not Running' error

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Sat 27 May 2017, 20:28

//Topic moved.

Hello,

Are you getting an error with the download?
You should know that the "update only" fix removes all of your DLC. It's probably best to focus at the Origin error at this point. Look here and here for possible solutions.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Still struggling with the 'Origin Is Not Running' error Empty Re: Still struggling with the 'Origin Is Not Running' error

Post by Guest Mon 29 May 2017, 12:55

Ɛɗιη wrote://Topic moved.

Hello,

Are you getting an error with the download?
You should know that the "update only" fix removes all of your DLC. It's probably best to focus at the Origin error at this point. Look here and here for possible solutions.
First link has the ultimate fix page, which I can't get because the download link has been removed? :c
The download link on the second link you provided got rid of the Origin error, but now my game stops responding instead...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 29 May 2017, 15:48

Hi there!

It it the infamous 'sims 4 has stopped working error'? This may sound bad but so far, only one method, or rather a misplaced file, works. So to be sure, check that your path file is correct and you place everything in the correct folder/path. There's a 1% chance that it happened so you can take a look at this thread here

My alternate reply can be found here including a link to my reply to an 'online workaround' or you can view it immediately here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 May 2017, 17:40

Ageha wrote:Hi there!

It it the infamous 'sims 4 has stopped working error'? This may sound bad but so far, only one method, or rather a misplaced file, works. So to be sure, check that your path file is correct and you place everything in the correct folder/path. There's a 1% chance that it happened so you can take a look at this thread here

My alternate reply can be found here including a link to my reply to an 'online workaround' or you can view it immediately here.
The file and folder pathing is all correct. I followed the installation guide without running into any problems.

Is there no other solution available right now other than ZLOrigin?

I've tried removing specific game files, as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 May 2017, 17:52

owlt0wn wrote:The file and folder pathing is all correct. I followed the installation guide without running into any problems.

When the app crash, or rather stopped working, do you know what causes it? So far for legit games, they are able to repair theirs via origin. So unless we know exactly why the game crash then there's not much we can do. 

Just double checking: Your pc meets all the requirement, yes? And there's no 'heavy' apps running in the background?
'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 30 May 2017, 17:58

Ageha wrote:
owlt0wn wrote:The file and folder pathing is all correct. I followed the installation guide without running into any problems.

When the app crash, or rather stopped working, do you know what causes it? So far for legit games, they are able to repair theirs via origin. So unless we know exactly why the game crash then there's not much we can do. 

Just double checking: Your pc meets all the requirement, yes? And there's no 'heavy' apps running in the background?
'
I don't know the cause, sadly, no. I was able to play the game one time the first time I installed it, before adding the DLC(with perfect fps). I created my character and my house, then quit, added the DLC, and then got the Origins error. I followed a fix you posted here earlier, and now I get the Not Responding error.

I mostly have Steam/Blizzard App/Discord running at all times, but I turned everything that my computer didn't need off and then tried running the game and I still got the crash.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 May 2017, 13:21

Same issues here, i downloaded The Sims 4 and all its DLC, installed the base game and copy pasted the DLC into the root folder of the Sims. Then it asks for Origin.

I think i have reinstalled this game like 5 times already with a new attempt each time, i have cleaned the cache, reinstalled Origin, redownloaded the files, the Ultimate fix doesn't exist anymore so nothing about that and i tried the new no-origin patch but that just breaks the game.

Anything else i can try? Running out of options
Edit: Yes my virus is excluded

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 May 2017, 13:29

Verluchi wrote:Same issues here, i downloaded The Sims 4 and all its DLC, installed the base game and copy pasted the DLC into the root folder of the Sims. Then it asks for Origin.

I think i have reinstalled this game like 5 times already with a new attempt each time, i have cleaned the cache, reinstalled Origin, redownloaded the files, the Ultimate fix doesn't exist anymore so nothing about that and i tried the new no-origin patch but that just breaks the game.

Did you install them ALL and in the correct sequence ?
1. Base game
2. Get to Work
3. Get Together
4. City Living
5. Toddlers/Vampires

Regarding item 5, did you (also in that order):
a. Download the torrent and extracted with Winrar
b. Added the language files to the download
c. Added the new Game folder to the download

and just then

d. Added it all to your installation folder ?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 31 May 2017, 13:30

Tarac wrote:
Verluchi wrote:Same issues here, i downloaded The Sims 4 and all its DLC, installed the base game and copy pasted the DLC into the root folder of the Sims. Then it asks for Origin.

Did you install them ALL and in the correct sequence ?
1. Base game
2. Get to Work
3. Get Together
4. City Living
5. Toddlers/Vampires

Regarding item 5, did you (also in that order):
a. Download the torrent and extracted with Winrar
b. Added the language files to the download
c. Added the new Game folder to the download

and just then

d. Added it all to your installation folder ?

I'm going to give that zlOrigin a go to see if that works. If not i will come back to you if your solution worked  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 01 Jun 2017, 15:20

owlt0wn wrote:I don't know the cause, sadly, no. I was able to play the game one time the first time I installed it, before adding the DLC(with perfect fps). I created my character and my house, then quit, added the DLC, and then got the Origins error. I followed a fix you posted here earlier, and now I get the Not Responding error.

I mostly have Steam/Blizzard App/Discord running at all times, but I turned everything that my computer didn't need off and then tried running the game and I still got the crash.

It seems that the latest DLC is causing this problem more frequently for most users. Did you add ALL the DLCs? (Just checking to eliminate problems, really). Also, next time the app crash, there should pop-up box indicating what causes the error. So you can take a look at that. Other than that, try starting the game with TS4.exe instead. 

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top