Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game Failed to Load. Error Code: 3 [SOLVED]

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Game Failed to Load. Error Code: 3 [SOLVED] - Page 3 Empty Game Failed to Load. Error Code: 3 [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 11 Jul 2017, 21:24

First topic message reminder :

I'm sorry if this answer is buried somewhere but I've been looking since last night and have tried multiple different "solutions" that haven't solved it for me yet. Sad

My game was working just fine after toddlers & vamps. I tried to install parenthood and fitness stuff last night and when I started my game I got the infinite load screen. I tried to fix it, to no avail, and then ended up uninstalling and then downloading everything over again and reinstalling. Now I'm getting "Game failed to load. error code: 3"

Needless to say, I panicked and I've probably messed things up so bad by uninstalling everything and trying to reinstall. I've definitely renamed the game folder to game_ after vamp update and then deleted it from there after I installed the following the updates. I'm not sure what else to do. I separated my original 'sims 4' folder (with all my saves, mods, tray folder, etc), and have it on my desktop. So a clean game wont even run. Need help please!

Last edited by Ageha on Fri 14 Jul 2017, 19:45; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : change text color to read easier.)

Back to top Go down

Game Failed to Load. Error Code: 3 [SOLVED] - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Failed to Load. Error Code: 3 [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jul 2017, 01:23

Game Failed to Load. Error Code: 3 [SOLVED] - Page 3 Error11
Ive extracted all the files via winRAR and am  trying to install Sims Base Game and this popped up.

Back to top Go down

Game Failed to Load. Error Code: 3 [SOLVED] - Page 3 Empty Re: Game Failed to Load. Error Code: 3 [SOLVED]

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jul 2017, 01:24

Welcome back and thanks for returning to my problem! I need all the help I can get!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jul 2017, 03:38

OMG YOU GUYS!!!!!!! ITS WORKING! I'm so excited right now! You are all awesome for taking time out of your day to help me. I can't thank you enough.  Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jul 2017, 14:57

Hi @anyluckystarx ,

I'm sorry since I couldn't get online. So, at this point, did you use ZLOrigin or decided to unrar everything again with WinRar as our The_gh0stm4n suggested? If so, and you did anything else, do share on how you get the error to disappear, just in case someone has the same problem in near future.

Regarding your saves, what I find most odd is Slot_11111 -> something like that? So, now that the error has disappear, did you find any other bug with your game?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jul 2017, 16:34

Ageha wrote:Hi @anyluckystarx ,

I'm sorry since I couldn't get online. So, at this point, did you use ZLOrigin or decided to unrar everything again with WinRar as our The_gh0stm4n suggested? If so, and you did anything else, do share on how you get the error to disappear, just in case someone has the same problem in near future.

Regarding your saves, what I find most odd is Slot_11111 -> something like that? So, now that the error has disappear, did you find any other bug with your game?

I did not use ZLOrigin, I have uninstalled that. I deleted, uninstalled (using the link to more in-depth instructions given to me earlier in this thread.), and re-extracted all game files using WinRAR as opposed to WinZip. I extracted all the game files to a folder on my desktop and installed them one by one. When I installed the base game, I did have one error that I posted earlier, but I just went past it and have had no issues. I created a test family and placed them in a home so I could check that the world select screen was working every time. I opened the game after every install and checked on my test family. I had an issue after Get Together where I got an origin error but I moved "The Sims' folder from 'Program Files (X86)' to just 'Program Files' and it started just fine with no issues. I replaced the 'Game' folder after toddlers and again, no problems. After installing and testing every additional pack, I added my 'tray' folder with no issue and then my 'mod' folder as well. I did not try to put my saves in at all because I'm just thanking the sim gods for my game working and not pushing my luck by wanting any more than that. I'm okay with starting over. I have only been playing with it for an hour this morning, but so far, I've noticed no issues, 

Thank you all for your help! I hope you have a wonderful day! Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jul 2017, 17:04

anyluckystarx wrote:
Ageha wrote:Hi @anyluckystarx ,

I did not use ZLOrigin, I have uninstalled that. I deleted, uninstalled (using the link to more in-depth instructions given to me earlier in this thread.), and re-extracted all game files using WinRAR as opposed to WinZip. I extracted all the game files to a folder on my desktop and installed them one by one. When I installed the base game, I did have one error that I posted earlier, but I just went past it and have had no issues. I created a test family and placed them in a home so I could check that the world select screen was working every time. I opened the game after every install and checked on my test family. I had an issue after Get Together where I got an origin error but I moved "The Sims' folder from 'Program Files (X86)' to just 'Program Files' and it started just fine with no issues. I replaced the 'Game' folder after toddlers and again, no problems. After installing and testing every additional pack, I added my 'tray' folder with no issue and then my 'mod' folder as well. I did not try to put my saves in at all because I'm just thanking the sim gods for my game working and not pushing my luck by wanting any more than that. I'm okay with starting over. I have only been playing with it for an hour this morning, but so far, I've noticed no issues, 

Thank you all for your help! I hope you have a wonderful day! Smile
I'm so happy to see that you have managed to fix it! Smile
Had no idea about the extracting with WinRAR only Very Happy Thanks for @the_gh0stm4an Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jul 2017, 18:40

KidDude wrote:@Tarac Any ideas?
I don't know much about CC and related problems simply becuase I never use CC.
What I do know however is that CC causes 95% of the problems with The Sims (1,2,3 or 4)

Another problem since the introduction of Vampires/Toddlers is the incorrect use of the folder Game in the install folder and as a consequence the infinite loading of a new household.
Basically it's very simple:
* Delete the folder Game from the install folder (usually C:\Program Files\The Sims 4)
* Download, extract with Winrar and place a new folder Game in your install folder.
* When Toddlers/Vampires is your highest installed expansion download THIS FOLDER
* When Fitness is your highest installed expansion download THIS FOLDER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 14 Jul 2017, 19:44

I'm glad to hear that you've finally got the game up and running!
I'll be closing the thread now. Feel free to open a new topic if you encounter any problems later on in the game.
Cheers! Very Happy

Problem solved; Topic closed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top