Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sims 3 "Service Initialization Error" - ULTIMATE FIX WON'T HELP!![SOLVED]

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Sims 3 "Service Initialization Error" - ULTIMATE FIX WON'T HELP!![SOLVED] Empty Sims 3 "Service Initialization Error" - ULTIMATE FIX WON'T HELP!![SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 23 Oct 2012, 15:06

Hey guys,

I'm desperate. After a very long time without playing the Sims I started playing it again some time ago. I have various Expansions and Stuff Packs deriving from various sources installed, the game has always been running smooth, except for once when I also got the "Service initialization failed"-error. Back at that time, I followed the instructions of the Ultimate Fix and it worked perfectly (for which I'm very thankful to the creators of all this great stuff Wink.
But now, after having installed the latest Expansion "Supernatural", I got the error again. I thought the Ultimate Fix would do, followed all the steps, in step 11 I manually updated with the .exe-file to which this forum links. But when I started the game the error window popped up again. I browsed through Google results trying to find a solution but all of the comments I read stated that after applying the Ultimate Fix, everything worked perfectly... now I'm running out of ideas. Uninstalling and re-installing is not an option since I'm not in possession of the Expansions anymore and I need all of those installed to continue my family in which I have put a neat amount of time. I don't know if it helps but here's a list of all the Expansions and Stuff Packs I have installed:

- Basic Game
- World Adventures
- Pets
- Ambitions
- Generations
- Showtime
- Supernatural
- High End Loft Stuff
- Outdoor Living Stuff
- Fast Lane Stuff
- Town Life Stuff

Furthermore, the various Expansions and Stuff Packs are scattered over different folders on my computer, some of them are even installed on different partitions (e.g. World Adventures is on C:\Program Files (x86)\... whereas Fast Lane Stuff is installed on D:\Games\...; Pets is on C:\Games\... and so on... most of them is located in D:\Games\ ). Don't ask me how it came to this it has been quite a while... Is there any problem with this? And if yes, can I simply drag all of the folders into the same directory without having to uninstall and re-install them?

I would be so overwhelmingly thankful for anybody that could give me a little help with this because I would really like to continue writing my favorite family's history. Many thanks in advance!

A grateful Sims player

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 "Service Initialization Error" - ULTIMATE FIX WON'T HELP!![SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 "Service Initialization Error" - ULTIMATE FIX WON'T HELP!![SOLVED]

Post by t2sink Tue 23 Oct 2012, 16:04

"Service initialization failed" is there a error code with it?

Did you re-download the latest version of the Ultimate Fix, along with being the latest patch version? 1.39 for both.

The folders in differently locations doesn't matter. You'll have to uninstall/re-install to get the folders in the same spot. G4TW has all the expansions. http://www.games4theworld.org/downloads.html
t2sink
t2sink
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Sims 3 "Service Initialization Error" - ULTIMATE FIX WON'T HELP!![SOLVED] Empty Re: Sims 3 "Service Initialization Error" - ULTIMATE FIX WON'T HELP!![SOLVED]

Post by Guest Tue 23 Oct 2012, 16:26

Hey there,

thanks for the prompt reply. Yes, there is an error code but I'm not a hundred percent sure which one of the two I know. I guess it is (0x024e424f) but no guarantee (I'm currently away from my desktop computer and have only my laptop). Additionally, I tried to start the game via Launcher and received following error message: "There was an error during startup. Please see the log for more details". The version number is shown as 0.0.0.0 . I have read about this problem but haven't been able to access my registry as of now. Although I cannot remember having uninstalled any previous expansions.

Downloading is not the best option right now since I do not have a stable let alone fast internet connection and this would probably take months. So I hope anyone out there can help me figure out a solution that does not include uninstalling or re-installing... Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Tue 23 Oct 2012, 16:55

Some solutions for 0x024e424f.
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t5084-the-sims-3-complete-help-0x024e424f-solved
https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t4740-service-initialization-failed-0x024e424f

First is the game version and ultimate fix were different, so the OP updated and applied the ultimate fix.

Second, Was mainly a issue with downloading/extracting the files for a expansion.

So I say, make sure you download the latest Ultimate Fix, and apply it.
t2sink
t2sink
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Favourite games : Sims 3, Roller Coaster Tycoon 2, Minecraft, RPG World Online, AoE 2/3, Command And Conquer, SimCity, Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, MW2/MW3, Halo Reach, Borderlands, Halo 4

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Oct 2012, 17:10

Hey t2sink,

I have already applied the latest version of the Ultimate Fix and also the latest version of the manual patch and it still didn't work... this all seems kinda fishy because I have already used the Ultimate Fix and manual patch in the past and it always solved my problems... don't know what's wrong with it this time since I followed all the steps neatly and double-checked everything.
One thing that confuses me is replacing the .exe and .dll files in the base game folder firstly with the files from the folder including everything for Supernatural, Showtime, etc. and then again replacing the same two files with those from the #Crack folder... but probably it's just me being too stupid to understand computer principles Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Tue 23 Oct 2012, 17:13

The first one's are unedited files, so if you wanted to do a automatic update you can, the ones in the #Crack folder are the ones that remove the check for a disc.
t2sink
t2sink
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Oct 2012, 17:35

Alright, thanks!

Still, I have done everything according to the instruction and I still get the same error and do not have a clue what to do. Sad Could you please tell me what the main distinction between the two error codes is [(0x024e424f) and (0x0175dcbb)]? Thanks in advance!

Back to top Go down

Post by t2sink Tue 23 Oct 2012, 18:18

t2sink
t2sink
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue 23 Oct 2012, 18:51

Hello,

This is what you need: https://games4theworld.forumotion.com/t6052-error-during-startup-see-log-for-more-details-fix
Watch the video VERY carefully and let us know the result. Good luck!
Admin
Admin
G4TW RETIRED Adminator
GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder
G4TW RETIRED Adminator GΛMΣ MΛƧƬΣЯ / Forum Founder

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 23 Oct 2012, 21:47

Hello Admin!

I have looked up the entries in my registry but there is nothing except the Expansions and Stuff Packs I have really installed. So this unfortunately did not work for me Sad And I have to correct myself since I'm back at my computer right now and have seen that the error code is (0x0175dcbb). Is there possibly a problem with the fact that I'm from Germany? Although I'd wonder why this could be of relevance...

EDIT:

I have been able to scramble up all of my installed Expansions and Stuff Packs (except for Pets) and it seems I'll be able to make a complete uninstall and re-install. I think this is my last hope for now. I'll see if it will work and will inform you about it as soon as I know more... Is there any possibility to uninstall EVERYTHING at once? Thanks for your help!

EDIT 2:

Okay, I tried another option and only uninstalled Supernatural. Now I'm able to start the game as usual. I will try to reinstall Supernatural now and see what happens after that. Maybe there's only a problem with that Expansion. I'll keep you posted.

EDIT 3:

Well, it seems my problem has vanished into thin air. I re-installed Supernatural and didn't apply any crack at all, also not the one from the Ultimate Fix. Lo and behold, it works! Thank God! I'm very, very grateful for all your kind help and will see if I might come back at some point in the future, when I need your wise words again! Wink Bye bye!

Back to top Go down

Post by ☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠ Wed 24 Oct 2012, 11:00

Hello,

Probably a problematic Supernatural install. Good to hear it works now.
Don't hesitate to post if you have questions or problems again.
Happy simming The Sims Plumbob 1 topic closed.
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
☠ ~ Aɳɳ ~ ☠
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix
First Lady / Commander-In-Chief
G4TW SUPER Adminatrix First Lady / Commander-In-Chief

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Female

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top