Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 - Discover University [VERSION 1.58.63.1010] - OUT NOW!!!

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 - Discover University [VERSION 1.58.63.1010] - OUT NOW!!! - Page 6 Empty The Sims 4 - Discover University [VERSION 1.58.63.1010] - OUT NOW!!!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 15 Nov 2019, 09:49

First topic message reminder :

*Disclaimer 1* this download does NOT include the "Legacy Edition" files. See the other topic here instead.

*Disclaimer 2* A Direct Download option has been added now!!  #googledrive

*Disclaimer 3* as usual, delete your existing "Game"-subfolder (ca. 200 MB in size) within your TS4 installation, before applying this new update. Then ONLY start the game under Game => Bin => TS4_x64.exe. Please don't use the .exe that is under "Bin_LE", because it won't work (see the above notice about the Legacy Edition).

Beloved users of G4TW!!

So I kind of "promised" that I would do things differently from now. This is your "fast-release" of The Sims 4 University, including all 17 language Strings, a complete "Game"-subfolder (the people from ZLOrigin will know what that's for), and all patches for the newest version 1.58.63.1020. Patch notes here:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/968730/november-12th-2019-patch-notes

I would suggest you take the time now to read this introduction. Read it slowly, then read it again. And again.

Credits
Credits to the group CODEX for creating the No-Origin files. Looking for bad joke  alien king

Credits to @Freezer Bunny for donating an Origin-based "Discover University" DLC, and in general allowing us access to a legit Origin version of this..."game".  Suspect  pig  queen

Last but not least credits to those unnamed people (too many to name) who volunteer for seeding these items.  Someone's on FIRE!! Red star from Carlos  Avocado

Requirements

You can apply this thing directly after having installed "Realm of Magic" from G4TW (refer to this guide for details), or if you got your repack from elsewhere you must have a TS4 game on patch version 1.55.105.1020 (or later), before you can apply this item. The download is 7.85GB in filesize.

"ISP warning"

For all of you digital internet travelers out there, a warning for the following countries is issued.

- America
- Canada
- Australia
- The United Kingdom
- New Zealand
- France
- Germany
- and probably a few other Western satellite states (Italy and Spain seem "on the ball" lately)

If you happen to torrent the item using your internet while being in one (or more) of these countries, you risk a termination of your internet subscription, and maybe severe fines too. If that happens, then whatever further consequences you may face are out of our hand, and it will be solely within your responsibility to make the necessary arrangements. In general, make an effort to actively inform yourselves about the situation in your own home-country regarding torrenting, as the above-listed countries are by no means an exhaustive listing; these countries are just your "usual suspects" in that regard. Use a paid VPN service like NordVPN, VPN.ac, Windscribe or ProtonVPN to cover your activities.

And note that these services are just recommendations. There's many more decent VPN services out there. As long as the basics of the VPN provider are present (privacy-friendly jurisdiction/location of company headquarters, DNS leak protection, killswitch, no-logs-policy) you're good to go with any VPN service that supports torrenting.

"Does it have to be a paid VPN service???" Yes, it does, because free ones are not going to cover your properly. VPN services are aware of the fact that more and more countries don't allow torrenting, and they want to exploit these trends, by offering P2P-capability only on paid plans.

Even if you use a VPN, try not to connect to servers located in the above-mentioned countries...if at all possible with your particular VPN service. Suspect

Adverts information

We are also using adverts on these download links, as usual. Yes, I know: "Evil adverts", and so forth. But since we need the revenue, we'll have to ask you to bear with us. Read this information on adverts to learn how to navigate this 'obstacle'. Your Support in that regard is crucial for our mission, and I'd also like to give a big shoutout to everybody who has supported us in that regard! Your contributions will not be forgotten, which you may understand better...in the near future.

I think I said everything I wanted to say for the moment. Stay safe everybody, and good luck! P.S. I think that this time, initial seeding will be very slow... Why God.

Download Links

Download list

#mfga
#maketheforumgreatagain

Make The Forum Great Red star from Carlos

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 23 Apr 2020, 00:54; edited 24 times in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 - Discover University [VERSION 1.58.63.1010] - OUT NOW!!! - Page 6 Empty Re: The Sims 4 - Discover University [VERSION 1.58.63.1010] - OUT NOW!!!

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 12:26

Do you have any idea if the direct download will be coming soon? I'm wondering whether I should just try to use a torrent or wait a little longer??

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 - Discover University [VERSION 1.58.63.1010] - OUT NOW!!! - Page 6 Empty Re: The Sims 4 - Discover University [VERSION 1.58.63.1010] - OUT NOW!!!

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 12:28

Also, at first I just dragged and dropped the files into The Sims 4 folder but when i try to extract it says "Can not open output file: Access is denied" for a lot of files including ClientDeltaBuild s

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 16 Nov 2019, 13:52

klolaaa wrote:Also, at first I just dragged and dropped the files into The Sims 4 folder but when i try to extract it says "Can not open output file: Access is denied" for a lot of files including ClientDeltaBuild s

Did you extract the stuff into the empty white space, in the target location (a.k.a. your The Sims 4 install folder)? Because if you extract stuff "into" existing files, the system thinks you are trying to "open" these files. I'm not sure if that is the situation you meant to describe, but it's worth keeping in mind.

If, however, you meant to say there was a problem with extracting from the .7z archive...then that is an indicator something went wrong during your download.

Once we get the Direct Download up, I will forward you that one through e-mail. In the event I forget @klolaaa, please bump me by messaging me under the red e-mail button in my Forum signature below. Unless you really want to try re-downloading with - yet again - another torrent client.

Sorry I can't help further at the moment, and I need to set my goon straight now...  Oh my...
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 14:03

thnx guys, you made my day

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Sat 16 Nov 2019, 15:07

Refering to the Disclaimer made by @The_gh0stm4n: The Sims 4 Legacy, which is the 32bit or 64bit (player choice) which does not include the University Expansion is a separate download made for those who do not have 64 bit capability systems and with a last patch to have taken care of some existing bugs ???? EA will not give additional patches for this edition at all. Basically, is an all inclusive edition up to Real of Magic with a bug solving patch. It really does not give the 32 bit players a choice, either your game ended at this point and if you want subsequent patches and packs, you will need to upgrade your system.
Also, I wanted to thank the G4TW team for making the University pack available. I'm already seeding. Refer to my prior post about mod updates, so that you may update your mods as needed and do not suffer game crashes or weird game play. I tip my fedora.
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 15:09

Thank you guys for the great work again!!
I'm still waiting for the direct download link but it's worth the wait!  cheers cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Sat 16 Nov 2019, 15:25

grieralexander wrote:Refering to the Disclaimer made by @The_gh0stm4n: The Sims 4 Legacy, which is the 32bit or 64bit (player choice) which does not include the University Expansion is a separate download made for those who do not have 64 bit capability systems and with a last patch to have taken care of some existing bugs ???? EA will not give additional patches for this edition at all. Basically, is an all inclusive edition up to Real of Magic with a bug solving patch. It really does not give the 32 bit players a choice, either your game ended at this point and if you want subsequent patches and packs, you will need to upgrade your system.
Also, I wanted to thank the G4TW team for making the University pack available. I'm already seeding. Refer to my prior post about mod updates, so that you may update your mods as needed and do not suffer game crashes or weird game play. I tip my fedora.
OK, I have just installed my copy of G4TW University and in the game folder there is an additional folder named Bin_LE, which has an exe. 32 bit file for the game. Has anyone with 52 bit install tested this? @The_gh0stm4n
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 16 Nov 2019, 15:30

grieralexander wrote:
OK, I have just installed my copy of G4TW University and in the game folder there is an additional folder named Bin_LE, which has an exe. 32 bit file for the game. Has anyone with 52 bit install tested this? @The_gh0stm4n

If you start running the TS4.exe there, you get an error saying that you "must download The Sims 4 Legacy Edition in Origin", the files of which we do not have.

Red star from Carlos
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 16:36

Sorry to post this here if not allowed, but am I the only one who cant make the magnet link to work? Whenever I get the link and try to click on it, it gives me a error webpage.
It looks like there is no other download option available for now right? 

Aprreciate all your work guys!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 16 Nov 2019, 16:41

Fursims wrote:Sorry to post this here if not allowed, but am I the only one who cant make the magnet link to work? Whenever I get the link and try to click on it, it gives me a error webpage.
It looks like there is no other download option available for now right? 

Aprreciate all your work guys!!

Do you mean the magnet link, that is located on the "mgnet.me" website? Tried it myself and it worked for me. Try right-clicking on the link instead and choose "copy link address". Then either copy/paste it into your web-browser, or see if you can copy-paste it directly into your torrent client.

Most modern torrent clients will then recognize the magnet link, and you can go from there.

I also noticed I made a couple of (minor?) mistakes in the included install guide: the version of this new patch is 1.58.63.1010. Also, I forgot to take out the part of "if you have a 32-bit Windows system, use the TS4.exe", because that part has now become obsolete.

So again everybody: start your game ONLY with the Game => Bin => TS4_x64.exe, which will only work on a 64-bit system. Don't use the "Bin_LE" folder, please.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 17:59

Waiting for direct download link. Will it still be available to download on the anadius mediafire incremental download page or is it going to be a different type of installation (I have a 64-bit system)?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 18:03

I am on a mac, and yes i have all the filed copy and pasted like always. i also had the releam of magic for my last update. i remeber when the got famous came out. you guys uploaded a new wrapper. i think its the same thing.... because it wants me to refind files and install stuff through whine. this same issue happend with got famous and when you guys created a new wrapper for us mac users it worked... so i think i am running into the same issue... not sure how to fix it. i hope my post is clear.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 16 Nov 2019, 18:05

asterisk0228 wrote:Waiting for direct download link. Will it still be available to download on the anadius mediafire incremental download page or is it going to be a different type of installation (I have a 64-bit system)?

Hello,

We are not responsible for what anadius does, so I cannot answer that question in a satisfying manner. Anadius used to be a guest contributor on G4TW here, but after "disagree[ing] with the policy of running download links through ads", he deleted himself and also withdrew all of his tutorials from the Forum here.

We thank anadius for his excellent contributions to G4TW, but we will not "be idealistic and not use ads at all". If you need to get in touch with anadius, try doing so through his own Tumblr-platform.

As for the GoogleDrive upload for the G4TW repack, it is in the making, I'm also literally glued behind the screen waiting for it.

sportsgirlkell15 wrote:I am on a mac, and yes i have all the filed copy and pasted like always. i also had the releam of magic for my last update. i remeber when the got famous came out. you guys uploaded a new wrapper. i think its the same thing.... because it wants me to refind files and install stuff through whine. this same issue happend with got famous and when you guys created a new wrapper for us mac users it worked... so i think i am running into the same issue... not sure how to fix it. i hope my post is clear.

I'm afraid I cannot answer that question either, but I can try tagging @User09. Maybe she can help more the next time she comes online.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 18:41

Has anyone gotten mods to work with the new installation? Is there a certain folder my mod and tray folders should be moved to? Other than that, the game works great! Thanks, guys!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 18:45

Downloading from the drive now, thank you so much for your hard work!  Carlos is tha man!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 16 Nov 2019, 18:49

FionaFallout wrote:Has anyone gotten mods to work with the new installation? Is there a certain folder my mod and tray folders should be moved to? Other than that, the game works great! Thanks, guys!

I don't think so...there is a folder Documents\Electronic Arts\The Sims 4 Legacy Edition, but again, that's not going to be relevant to most players. So I guess mods go to their usual location. Or maybe they changed something else about mods...? I'll tag @grieralexander, since he has the best knowledge here probably, about these issues! Very Happy

iztaex_ wrote:Downloading from the drive now, thank you so much for your hard work!  Carlos is tha man!!!

Yassss!! Very Happy

Direct Download on GoogleDrive has been added! 
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Sat 16 Nov 2019, 19:06

FionaFallout wrote:Has anyone gotten mods to work with the new installation? Is there a certain folder my mod and tray folders should be moved to? Other than that, the game works great! Thanks, guys!
Many mods have been updated, so you will need to check for updates from the particular mod maker. Some sliders also stop working, so keep an eye for those, if you use them.
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 19:09

Thank you for the direct download! Can't really thank you enough for all your hard work!

Back to top Go down

Post by grieralexander Sat 16 Nov 2019, 19:14

sportsgirlkell15 wrote:I am on a mac, and yes i have all the filed copy and pasted like always. i also had the releam of magic for my last update. i remeber when the got famous came out. you guys uploaded a new wrapper. i think its the same thing.... because it wants me to refind files and install stuff through whine. this same issue happend with got famous and when you guys created a new wrapper for us mac users it worked... so i think i am running into the same issue... not sure how to fix it. i hope my post is clear.
I got this from the EA site, I hope this may clarify:
Later this year, we’ll no longer support The Sims 4 on Non-Metal OS for Mac or 32-bit for PC.
If you already own The Sims 4 and can’t upgrade your operating system to Apple’s Metal or PC’s 64-bit, we’ll grant you The Sims 4: Legacy Edition.  (New Sims 4 players won’t be eligible for the Legacy Edition.)
grieralexander
grieralexander
Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 19:36

Well, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. My saves folder and mods folder and everything is still there, but when I boot up the game it acts like I just got the whole thing brand new and none of my saves are there, making me start over again. It runs great, though.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 16 Nov 2019, 19:43

FionaFallout wrote:Well, I don't know what I'm doing wrong. My saves folder and mods folder and everything is still there, but when I boot up the game it acts like I just got the whole thing brand new and none of my saves are there, making me start over again. It runs great, though.

Check the Properties of your main The Sims 4 folder under Documents, maybe it's for some reason under "read-only". If that is the case, then uncheck the box and then click on apply. Other than that...when the game makes you start over, where exactly does it put your "new" Documents-folder? In the same location, or elsewhere on your C: drive?

Also, someone posted earlier about another repacker group splitting their GoogleDrive into 9 different parts (I guess in order to squeeze out the maximum number of clicks/ad revenue?). We don't do that kind of bull$hit on G4TW here.

Yes, we have the Linkvertise; and yes, for the initial week after the release there is also the video, which I admit can be a bit "hard". But once you're through you get the full file, or magnet link.

Thanks again to everybody supporting us in that regard!

Happy B-day!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 19:48

Hello there, just registered to thank you guys for the hard work and the quick releases! I'm impressed with your efficiency Very Happy
I was just waiting for a couple of mods to get updated, on my way to install Discover University!

Thanks a lot <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 20:04

Thank you so much! I just downloaded it from google drive and I am able to play Discover University. Thank you thank you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 20:07

The_gh0stm4n wrote:Check the Properties of your main The Sims 4 folder under Documents, maybe it's for some reason under "read-only". If that is the case, then uncheck the box and then click on apply.

Hot damn, you called it! Everything is working now! Thank you so much!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 20:20

Hey guys I have trouble loading my game with university. I have downloaded everything from the direct link and put them on top of the realm of magic hot fix II. the game is starting fine (the EA logo shows up) then abt 10 sec later into the dark blue loading screen it just crashed and i have no idea what's wrong.. i don't think it's a problem with mod cuz it's first time loading and mods should be disabled. I've also tried to remove all my mods but it still won't pass through the loading screen.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 20:26

chopcorn wrote:Hey guys I have trouble loading my game with university. I have downloaded everything from the direct link and put them on top of the realm of magic hot fix II. the game is starting fine (the EA logo shows up) then abt 10 sec later into the dark blue loading screen it just crashed and i have no idea what's wrong.. i don't think it's a problem with mod cuz it's first time loading and mods should be disabled. I've also tried to remove all my mods but it still won't pass through the loading screen.
Also i've found a bunch of last crash and last exception txt files in my sims folder (i've tried to load the game three times)

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 16 Nov 2019, 20:30

chopcorn wrote:
Also i've found a bunch of last crash and last exception txt files in my sims folder (i've tried to load the game three times)

Try moving out your "The Sims 4" folder (under Documents\Electronic Arts) and let the game generate a new one. Also, try doing number #3 of the guide here, the DEP fix:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t21728-the-sims-4-crashes-freezes-lags-causes-shutdowns-possible-fixes
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top