Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 - Discover University [VERSION 1.58.63.1010] - OUT NOW!!!

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 - Discover University [VERSION 1.58.63.1010] - OUT NOW!!! - Page 7 Empty The Sims 4 - Discover University [VERSION 1.58.63.1010] - OUT NOW!!!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 15 Nov 2019, 09:49

First topic message reminder :

*Disclaimer 1* this download does NOT include the "Legacy Edition" files. See the other topic here instead.

*Disclaimer 2* A Direct Download option has been added now!!  #googledrive

*Disclaimer 3* as usual, delete your existing "Game"-subfolder (ca. 200 MB in size) within your TS4 installation, before applying this new update. Then ONLY start the game under Game => Bin => TS4_x64.exe. Please don't use the .exe that is under "Bin_LE", because it won't work (see the above notice about the Legacy Edition).

Beloved users of G4TW!!

So I kind of "promised" that I would do things differently from now. This is your "fast-release" of The Sims 4 University, including all 17 language Strings, a complete "Game"-subfolder (the people from ZLOrigin will know what that's for), and all patches for the newest version 1.58.63.1020. Patch notes here:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/968730/november-12th-2019-patch-notes

I would suggest you take the time now to read this introduction. Read it slowly, then read it again. And again.

Credits
Credits to the group CODEX for creating the No-Origin files. Looking for bad joke  alien king

Credits to @Freezer Bunny for donating an Origin-based "Discover University" DLC, and in general allowing us access to a legit Origin version of this..."game".  Suspect  pig  queen

Last but not least credits to those unnamed people (too many to name) who volunteer for seeding these items.  Someone's on FIRE!! Red star from Carlos  Avocado

Requirements

You can apply this thing directly after having installed "Realm of Magic" from G4TW (refer to this guide for details), or if you got your repack from elsewhere you must have a TS4 game on patch version 1.55.105.1020 (or later), before you can apply this item. The download is 7.85GB in filesize.

"ISP warning"

For all of you digital internet travelers out there, a warning for the following countries is issued.

- America
- Canada
- Australia
- The United Kingdom
- New Zealand
- France
- Germany
- and probably a few other Western satellite states (Italy and Spain seem "on the ball" lately)

If you happen to torrent the item using your internet while being in one (or more) of these countries, you risk a termination of your internet subscription, and maybe severe fines too. If that happens, then whatever further consequences you may face are out of our hand, and it will be solely within your responsibility to make the necessary arrangements. In general, make an effort to actively inform yourselves about the situation in your own home-country regarding torrenting, as the above-listed countries are by no means an exhaustive listing; these countries are just your "usual suspects" in that regard. Use a paid VPN service like NordVPN, VPN.ac, Windscribe or ProtonVPN to cover your activities.

And note that these services are just recommendations. There's many more decent VPN services out there. As long as the basics of the VPN provider are present (privacy-friendly jurisdiction/location of company headquarters, DNS leak protection, killswitch, no-logs-policy) you're good to go with any VPN service that supports torrenting.

"Does it have to be a paid VPN service???" Yes, it does, because free ones are not going to cover your properly. VPN services are aware of the fact that more and more countries don't allow torrenting, and they want to exploit these trends, by offering P2P-capability only on paid plans.

Even if you use a VPN, try not to connect to servers located in the above-mentioned countries...if at all possible with your particular VPN service. Suspect

Adverts information

We are also using adverts on these download links, as usual. Yes, I know: "Evil adverts", and so forth. But since we need the revenue, we'll have to ask you to bear with us. Read this information on adverts to learn how to navigate this 'obstacle'. Your Support in that regard is crucial for our mission, and I'd also like to give a big shoutout to everybody who has supported us in that regard! Your contributions will not be forgotten, which you may understand better...in the near future.

I think I said everything I wanted to say for the moment. Stay safe everybody, and good luck! P.S. I think that this time, initial seeding will be very slow... Why God.

Download Links

Download list

#mfga
#maketheforumgreatagain

Make The Forum Great Red star from Carlos

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 23 Apr 2020, 00:54; edited 24 times in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 - Discover University [VERSION 1.58.63.1010] - OUT NOW!!! - Page 7 Empty Re: The Sims 4 - Discover University [VERSION 1.58.63.1010] - OUT NOW!!!

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 20:26

chopcorn wrote:Hey guys I have trouble loading my game with university. I have downloaded everything from the direct link and put them on top of the realm of magic hot fix II. the game is starting fine (the EA logo shows up) then abt 10 sec later into the dark blue loading screen it just crashed and i have no idea what's wrong.. i don't think it's a problem with mod cuz it's first time loading and mods should be disabled. I've also tried to remove all my mods but it still won't pass through the loading screen.
Also i've found a bunch of last crash and last exception txt files in my sims folder (i've tried to load the game three times)

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 - Discover University [VERSION 1.58.63.1010] - OUT NOW!!! - Page 7 Empty Re: The Sims 4 - Discover University [VERSION 1.58.63.1010] - OUT NOW!!!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 16 Nov 2019, 20:30

chopcorn wrote:
Also i've found a bunch of last crash and last exception txt files in my sims folder (i've tried to load the game three times)

Try moving out your "The Sims 4" folder (under Documents\Electronic Arts) and let the game generate a new one. Also, try doing number #3 of the guide here, the DEP fix:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t21728-the-sims-4-crashes-freezes-lags-causes-shutdowns-possible-fixes

The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 20:38

Just a quick question before I download. I have the retail version of everything else, this will be the only one I haven't actually purchased. Will this still work with my game? Is there anything special I need to do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 20:40

THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUU SO MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!! for the direct download.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 16 Nov 2019, 20:44

MoodySloth wrote:Just a quick question before I download. I have the retail version of everything else, this will be the only one I haven't actually purchased. Will this still work with my game? Is there anything special I need to do?

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @MoodySloth,

There used to be a trick with which you can work around the issue. Go to your location where you have your Origin-TS4. Look for the subfolder "Game". Change the folder name into something you recognize, such as "Game_Origin".

Then you copy-paste the G4TW update here over your Origin-TS4 folder. Choose to replace all existing files, when prompted, then you will see another "Game"-subfolder (which is the one from the G4TW update). Name it into "Game_G4TW".

Now whenever you want to play the Origin version, use the "Game_Origin" folder (note that the cracked DLC won't work though, in that). If you want to play the G4TW version, use "Game_G4TW. Do NOT log into Origin though if you want to do that. Make sure to close everything Origin-related.

Or you can bypass all of that and simply be content with copy-pasting the update over your Origin-TS4, but then you can't use the Origin features anymore, and I'll assume you want to keep accessing the Gallery?

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 20:47

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
chopcorn wrote:

Try moving out your "The Sims 4" folder (under Documents\Electronic Arts) and let the game generate a new one. Also, try doing number #3 of the guide here, the DEP fix:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t21728-the-sims-4-crashes-freezes-lags-causes-shutdowns-possible-fixes
Thank you for the quick response! I've tried moving the game folder out and check the DEP that it has been always on. It still doesn't load..The timing of the loading screen is also wired with university cuz it used to load much faster, now it just keeps loading until it turned off itself. I've removed all my mod save and tray files.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 16 Nov 2019, 20:49

chopcorn wrote:
Thank you for the quick response! I've tried moving the game folder out and check the DEP that it has been always on. It still doesn't load..The timing of the loading screen is also wired with university cuz it used to load much faster, now it just keeps loading until it turned off itself. I've removed all my mod save and tray files.

I'm not sure if the system requirements changed, compared to the last DLCs and updated. But please double-check on your own here:
https://www.origin.com/esp/en-us/store/the-sims/the-sims-4/expansion/the-sims-4-discover-university#store-page-section-requirements
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 21:06

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
chopcorn wrote:

I'm not sure if the system requirements changed, compared to the last DLCs and updated. But please double-check on your own here:
https://www.origin.com/esp/en-us/store/the-sims/the-sims-4/expansion/the-sims-4-discover-university#store-page-section-requirements
Thank you and i double-checked. I have a dell gaming laptop and everything met the requirement with no problem.   Why.
And in my last exception file the last line says  
 File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\google\protobuf\internal\cpp_message.py", line 82, in GetFieldDescriptor
TypeError: Couldn't find field E
rtim=0

Idk if that would help explain anything although i have no idea myself IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 16 Nov 2019, 21:24

chopcorn wrote:
Thank you and i double-checked. I have a dell gaming laptop and everything met the requirement with no problem.   Why.
And in my last exception file the last line says  
 File "T:\InGame\Gameplay\Scripts\Core\google\protobuf\internal\cpp_message.py", line 82, in GetFieldDescriptor
TypeError: Couldn't find field E
rtim=0

Idk if that would help explain anything although i have no idea myself IAmSoHappyEmergahwd IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Before applying the update, did you also DELETE your existing "Game"-subfolder? If not, please do so again, and re-extract the "Game"-subfolder from the University .7z archive file.

Other than that we'll have to wait and see, maybe that is some obscure glitch with the new update.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 21:38

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Or you can bypass all of that and simply be content with copy-pasting the update over your Origin-TS4, but then you can't use the Origin features anymore, and I'll assume you want to keep accessing the Gallery?

Ideally, yeah, I'd like to be able to access the gallery. I assume my saves and such would still be in the same place, though?

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 16 Nov 2019, 21:46

MoodySloth wrote:
Ideally, yeah, I'd like to be able to access the gallery. I assume my saves and such would still be in the same place, though?

Yes, your saves will still be in the same location. The only thing I would recommend to do on that end is, that when new DLCs or updates are released, that you wait until a new (offline) crack is out, before playing the game.

That sounds awkward, but what I mean to say is this. You will at first get the update on Origin, and the crack will follow some time after. If you start up the game immediately after downloading the new patch (in Origin), and you then switch to the cracked version, then you will get error messages.

By all means keep playing with the Origin version, but note that you should wait with using the cracked / G4TW version, until the crack "catches up" with the newest version.

The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 21:57

So Quick Question, I downloaded the Magnet link yesterday & I dont have a VPN, nor do I know anything about VPN. I have been using the Anadius repacks up until now. So If I were to do the direct download would my ISP still be able to see that I downloaded it? I got an email this morning from them saying that I would be in trouble for Copyright infringment and they would possibly terminate my account if I didnt take immediate action & remove it. Just trying to find a way to download and play without getting into any trouble or losing my internet service. Thank you In Advance!!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sat 16 Nov 2019, 22:08

Hunter.richard19 wrote:So Quick Question, I downloaded the Magnet link yesterday & I dont have a VPN, nor do I know anything about VPN. I have been using the Anadius repacks up until now. So If I were to do the direct download would my ISP still be able to see that I downloaded it? I got an email this morning from them saying that I would be in trouble for Copyright infringment and they would possibly terminate my account if I didnt take immediate action & remove it. Just trying to find a way to download and play without getting into any trouble or losing my internet service. Thank you In Advance!!

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @Hunter.richard19,

Yes, the direct download is safe to use, and the only thing your ISP can see is that you "transferred approximately 8 GB of data", which is the approximate the size of this download here. The thing with torrents is, that everybody can see the IP addresses of the torrenters. So organizations that are against piracy will send their stooges to keep tabs on torrent swarms.

These (usually underpaid) stooges and/or non-human "copyright report bots", in turn, will also grab the torrent on behalf of their overlords. So during that process, the stooges or bots will see IP-addresses of people. Furthermore, with IP-addresses it's easy to find out which Internet Provider is responsible for which "range" of IP-addresses.

So the anti-piracy organizations then message Internet Providers, demanding the personal info of individuals linked to the caught IP-addresses during torrenting, or otherwise they will sue the Internet Provider.

And that is the point where the Internet provider sends these warning letters to individual internet subscribers. Note that nobody else except your Internet Provider knows which IP addresses are linked to which subscribers.

By the way: you can keep downloaded files, even after receiving warning letters. Nobody can see what is on your computer, except yourself. Well, except certain spyware I suppose, but that issue mostly belongs in James Bond or other "secret-agent-genre movies". It's just a scare tactic employed by Internet providers and copyright holders to try and curb piracy, in the hopes that people are noobish enough to fall for the trap. And with the hopes that people actually delete the downloaded stuff, and furthermore (maybe) spend money on what they pirated originally.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 22:21

I am downloading the google drive file as we speak. I will update to see if the wrapper issue if fixed after this. crossing my fingers. i am a mac user.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 - Discover University [VERSION 1.58.63.1010] - OUT NOW!!! - Page 7 Empty Discover university

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 22:43

I did everything as instructed and my game keeps crashing. What should i do?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 23:03

idk why but my game keeps crashing when i try to load my households. i have installed everything properly but after discover uni it seems to be not working as it used to do Sad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 23:06

and now i just get something with orange emu or something its does nnot work for me...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat 16 Nov 2019, 23:26

orange emu is fixed, but now it says it cant start because of damaged parts....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2019, 00:22

Update. on mac its also happening with the google drive download. when i click on the game to play, the whine wrapper pops up only. :-( again this happend with getting famous and you guys made a new whine wrapper which fixed the issue. and its acting like that. i hope that user the can help pops on soon

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 17 Nov 2019, 00:30

xcamizetta wrote:orange emu is fixed, but now it says it cant start because of damaged parts....

Try re-extracting the contents of the .7z archive, into your TS4 folder. Replace all existing files, when prompted.

If you grabbed the torrent, then consider re-downloading with another torrent client than the one you used before. Recommended clients are Tixati, qBittorrent, Deluge, Transmission, etc.

I'm not sure if mods can cause the issue as well, but temporarily remove all of them too, and try the game.

That's all I can offer in terms of help at the moment. In general, results are extremely polarized this time. For some people everything works, while others can't load into the family or even start up the game.

I is confused

Edit: one other thing, make sure to start the game with the Game => Bin => TS4_x64.exe.
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2019, 03:51

grieralexander wrote:
sportsgirlkell15 wrote:I am on a mac, and yes i have all the filed copy and pasted like always. i also had the releam of magic for my last update. i remeber when the got famous came out. you guys uploaded a new wrapper. i think its the same thing.... because it wants me to refind files and install stuff through whine. this same issue happend with got famous and when you guys created a new wrapper for us mac users it worked... so i think i am running into the same issue... not sure how to fix it. i hope my post is clear.
I got this from the EA site, I hope this may clarify:
Later this year, we’ll no longer support The Sims 4 on Non-Metal OS for Mac or 32-bit for PC.
If you already own The Sims 4 and can’t upgrade your operating system to Apple’s Metal or PC’s 64-bit, we’ll grant you The Sims 4: Legacy Edition.  (New Sims 4 players won’t be eligible for the Legacy Edition.)
umm when it says non-metal.. i am thinking it means those white one? i have a very high end imac. its one heck of a gaming computer. and its metal lol. its one of the newer ones so im thinking thats not where my issue is. heck i can play ark survival and all that mess on this desktop.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2019, 03:55

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Hunter.richard19 wrote:So Quick Question, I downloaded the Magnet link yesterday & I dont have a VPN, nor do I know anything about VPN. I have been using the Anadius repacks up until now. So If I were to do the direct download would my ISP still be able to see that I downloaded it? I got an email this morning from them saying that I would be in trouble for Copyright infringment and they would possibly terminate my account if I didnt take immediate action & remove it. Just trying to find a way to download and play without getting into any trouble or losing my internet service. Thank you In Advance!!

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @Hunter.richard19,

Yes, the direct download is safe to use, and the only thing your ISP can see is that you "transferred approximately 8 GB of data", which is the approximate the size of this download here. The thing with torrents is, that everybody can see the IP addresses of the torrenters. So organizations that are against piracy will send their stooges to keep tabs on torrent swarms.

These (usually underpaid) stooges and/or non-human "copyright report bots", in turn, will also grab the torrent on behalf of their overlords. So during that process, the stooges or bots will see IP-addresses of people. Furthermore, with IP-addresses it's easy to find out which Internet Provider is responsible for which "range" of IP-addresses.

So the anti-piracy organizations then message Internet Providers, demanding the personal info of individuals linked to the caught IP-addresses during torrenting, or otherwise they will sue the Internet Provider.

And that is the point where the Internet provider sends these warning letters to individual internet subscribers. Note that nobody else except your Internet Provider knows which IP addresses are linked to which subscribers.

By the way: you can keep downloaded files, even after receiving warning letters. Nobody can see what is on your computer, except yourself. Well, except certain spyware I suppose, but that issue mostly belongs in James Bond or other "secret-agent-genre movies". It's just a scare tactic employed by Internet providers and copyright holders to try and curb piracy, in the hopes that people are noobish enough to fall for the trap. And with the hopes that people actually delete the downloaded stuff, and furthermore (maybe) spend money on what they pirated originally.
i accidently downloaded the magnet link to without a vpn. i thought i had sucessfully stopped it but seems i didnt. so far i didnt get any letters but i have gotten a letter like yours like 8 months ago. it caught me downloading a movie. nothing is going to happen to you right now, but if it keeps happening then they will shut your internet off. and no you dont have to remove the file. they cant tell weather you did or not but they can see if you download anything else in the feature so becareful.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2019, 05:03

So here Ive tried playing the sims 4 discover uni, and it lags on my 2gb ram laptop.. It because I think of 64bit. Before I use tye 32 bit but now I cant...

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 - Discover University [VERSION 1.58.63.1010] - OUT NOW!!! - Page 7 Empty A little info on a bug that crash the game and/or prevent it from loading

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2019, 11:00

Hello all ! Juste a little information here, that I picked up on the Discords of sims 4 modders.
A bug seems to happen with the new DU expansion when you have CC with a lot of bones or slots added. 
It seems to me that what you're experiencing now is more that the game wont load because of this bug and not the quality of the Torrent or drive file.
Could you try loading the game without any custom content ? (rename your mods folder something like _Temp_Mods and load the game) If the game loads ok then you can use a new S4S tool that let you know which CC may be faulty in your game and remove it waiting for EA to correct the bugs they introduced with this expansion.
I hope this help and sorry for my english, it's not my natural language Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2019, 11:28

ViVie wrote:Hello all ! Juste a little information here, that I picked up on the Discords of sims 4 modders.
A bug seems to happen with the new DU expansion when you have CC with a lot of bones or slots added. 
It seems to me that what you're experiencing now is more that the game wont load because of this bug and not the quality of the Torrent or drive file.
Could you try loading the game without any custom content ? (rename your mods folder something like _Temp_Mods and load the game) If the game loads ok then you can use a new S4S tool that let you know which CC may be faulty in your game and remove it waiting for EA to correct the bugs they introduced with this expansion.
I hope this help and sorry for my english, it's not my natural language Smile
Forgot to say : It's a bug that crash the game when you load the CC (you load a house/lot for example) and/or prevent it from loading at all.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 17 Nov 2019, 11:31

So yeah, I manage to play sims 4 discover uni on my 2gb ram laptop. But I didnt reach my graduation because I got bored easily.. So yeah gonna put my last update. And be happy of what I had.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Sun 17 Nov 2019, 12:05

FTorture wrote:So yeah, I manage to play sims 4 discover uni on my 2gb ram laptop. But I didnt reach my graduation because I got bored easily.. So yeah gonna put my last update. And be happy of what I had.

Oof. Why.

In the meantime, I'll leave this here:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t35612-the-sims-4-legacy-edition-all-in-one-1-58-63-1010-incl-university-ep-by-sim-architect-out-now

And also @ViVie, thanks for the comment above about the CC! Very Happy Talk to my left hand
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top