Old ® Games4theworld Forum / Archive
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Sims 4 - Discover University [VERSION 1.58.63.1010] - OUT NOW!!!

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The Sims 4 - Discover University [VERSION 1.58.63.1010] - OUT NOW!!! - Page 10 Empty The Sims 4 - Discover University [VERSION 1.58.63.1010] - OUT NOW!!!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Fri 15 Nov 2019, 09:49

First topic message reminder :

*Disclaimer 1* this download does NOT include the "Legacy Edition" files. See the other topic here instead.

*Disclaimer 2* A Direct Download option has been added now!!  #googledrive

*Disclaimer 3* as usual, delete your existing "Game"-subfolder (ca. 200 MB in size) within your TS4 installation, before applying this new update. Then ONLY start the game under Game => Bin => TS4_x64.exe. Please don't use the .exe that is under "Bin_LE", because it won't work (see the above notice about the Legacy Edition).

Beloved users of G4TW!!

So I kind of "promised" that I would do things differently from now. This is your "fast-release" of The Sims 4 University, including all 17 language Strings, a complete "Game"-subfolder (the people from ZLOrigin will know what that's for), and all patches for the newest version 1.58.63.1020. Patch notes here:
https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/968730/november-12th-2019-patch-notes

I would suggest you take the time now to read this introduction. Read it slowly, then read it again. And again.

Credits
Credits to the group CODEX for creating the No-Origin files. Looking for bad joke  alien king

Credits to @Freezer Bunny for donating an Origin-based "Discover University" DLC, and in general allowing us access to a legit Origin version of this..."game".  Suspect  pig  queen

Last but not least credits to those unnamed people (too many to name) who volunteer for seeding these items.  Someone's on FIRE!! Red star from Carlos  Avocado

Requirements

You can apply this thing directly after having installed "Realm of Magic" from G4TW (refer to this guide for details), or if you got your repack from elsewhere you must have a TS4 game on patch version 1.55.105.1020 (or later), before you can apply this item. The download is 7.85GB in filesize.

"ISP warning"

For all of you digital internet travelers out there, a warning for the following countries is issued.

- America
- Canada
- Australia
- The United Kingdom
- New Zealand
- France
- Germany
- and probably a few other Western satellite states (Italy and Spain seem "on the ball" lately)

If you happen to torrent the item using your internet while being in one (or more) of these countries, you risk a termination of your internet subscription, and maybe severe fines too. If that happens, then whatever further consequences you may face are out of our hand, and it will be solely within your responsibility to make the necessary arrangements. In general, make an effort to actively inform yourselves about the situation in your own home-country regarding torrenting, as the above-listed countries are by no means an exhaustive listing; these countries are just your "usual suspects" in that regard. Use a paid VPN service like NordVPN, VPN.ac, Windscribe or ProtonVPN to cover your activities.

And note that these services are just recommendations. There's many more decent VPN services out there. As long as the basics of the VPN provider are present (privacy-friendly jurisdiction/location of company headquarters, DNS leak protection, killswitch, no-logs-policy) you're good to go with any VPN service that supports torrenting.

"Does it have to be a paid VPN service???" Yes, it does, because free ones are not going to cover your properly. VPN services are aware of the fact that more and more countries don't allow torrenting, and they want to exploit these trends, by offering P2P-capability only on paid plans.

Even if you use a VPN, try not to connect to servers located in the above-mentioned countries...if at all possible with your particular VPN service. Suspect

Adverts information

We are also using adverts on these download links, as usual. Yes, I know: "Evil adverts", and so forth. But since we need the revenue, we'll have to ask you to bear with us. Read this information on adverts to learn how to navigate this 'obstacle'. Your Support in that regard is crucial for our mission, and I'd also like to give a big shoutout to everybody who has supported us in that regard! Your contributions will not be forgotten, which you may understand better...in the near future.

I think I said everything I wanted to say for the moment. Stay safe everybody, and good luck! P.S. I think that this time, initial seeding will be very slow... Why God.

Download Links

Download list

#mfga
#maketheforumgreatagain

Make The Forum Great Red star from Carlos

Last edited by The_gh0stm4n on Thu 23 Apr 2020, 00:54; edited 24 times in total
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n
G4TW RETIRED Forum Gatekeeper

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 - Discover University [VERSION 1.58.63.1010] - OUT NOW!!! - Page 10 Empty My game won't open - no error messages, it just won't open

Post by Guest Wed 20 Nov 2019, 11:06

Hi! I'm stumped.  Sad
As I said in the title, my game won't open. I don't get any error messages, it just has a black screen for like 5 seconds, and then crashes. 
 I have read all the other comments on this post, and tried all the suggestions you've given other users that had remotely similar problems to mine... It seems like I've tried everything, I've looked on other posts on this site, I've even scraped the internet for other websites that might have a solution, and I can't find anything. 
It's not mods, as far as I know, I moved the Mods folder to see if that worked, I tried running in compatibility mode, I disabled my antivirus, I disabled Windows Defender... and some other things I might be forgetting right now. 
It worked just fine before I installed this new pack. I have all the other Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs.
However... I can't recall if I got them from G4TW or not... I'm pretty sure I did, but I don't know how to check to confirm.
 if I didn't, could that be causing my issue?
Am I going to have to completely uninstall everything and re-install the files from here just to be sure? Agh!  Why God.

Please help.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 - Discover University [VERSION 1.58.63.1010] - OUT NOW!!! - Page 10 Empty Re: The Sims 4 - Discover University [VERSION 1.58.63.1010] - OUT NOW!!!

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 20 Nov 2019, 13:48

cadak5 wrote:Thanks for uploading this update.Smile

Can this update be used with the anadius repack 1.56 since it seems to have disappeared.

Welcome to the G4TW Forums @cadak5,

Yes, you can apply this update after any Sims 4 repack, that is (at least) on version 1.55.105.1020/Realm of Magic.

prosperos-mistress wrote:Hi! I'm stumped.  Sad
As I said in the title, my game won't open. I don't get any error messages, it just has a black screen for like 5 seconds, and then crashes. 
 I have read all the other comments on this post, and tried all the suggestions you've given other users that had remotely similar problems to mine... It seems like I've tried everything, I've looked on other posts on this site, I've even scraped the internet for other websites that might have a solution, and I can't find anything. 
It's not mods, as far as I know, I moved the Mods folder to see if that worked, I tried running in compatibility mode, I disabled my antivirus, I disabled Windows Defender... and some other things I might be forgetting right now. 
It worked just fine before I installed this new pack. I have all the other Expansion Packs/Game Packs/Stuff Packs.
However... I can't recall if I got them from G4TW or not... I'm pretty sure I did, but I don't know how to check to confirm.
 if I didn't, could that be causing my issue?
Am I going to have to completely uninstall everything and re-install the files from here just to be sure? Agh!  Why God.

Please help.

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @prosperos-mistress too,

You don't need to re-install the stuff from here.

The first thing to check would be if your system requirements are up to the task:
https://www.origin.com/esp/en-us/store/the-sims/the-sims-4/expansion/the-sims-4-discover-university

The_gh0stm4n

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 - Discover University [VERSION 1.58.63.1010] - OUT NOW!!! - Page 10 Empty Game not running

Post by Guest Wed 20 Nov 2019, 14:28

Hey there!
Thank you so much for the games, I've downloaded everything from here with no problems at all... to this day..  Oh my...

I think I did something stupid. I installed the university without first deleting the game folder. So, when I tried to launch the game, I clicked on the .exe file and not the 64.exe one. However, it launched normally, went on for like 15 seconds or so, and it suddenly stopped with no signs that it had launched whatsoever. Anyway, I deleted the game folder and re-installed it. And now, when i try to open the 64.exe, it notifies me that The Sims 4 is already running. Like whaaaaat, I don't get it.. 
I restarted the pc, I tried to stop it from running from the task manager, but it is nowhere to be found.. What am I supposed to do now? Does anyone have any idea at all? Please help meeee, I wanna play the sims soooo badly!  Why God. Why God.

P.S. My pc has all the requirements for the 64-bit version.

Back to top Go down

The Sims 4 - Discover University [VERSION 1.58.63.1010] - OUT NOW!!! - Page 10 Empty Re: The Sims 4 - Discover University [VERSION 1.58.63.1010] - OUT NOW!!!

Post by grieralexander Wed 20 Nov 2019, 15:05

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
GenyaArikado wrote:

omg i thought those pages were for the comment section... Excuse me while i go find a hole to bury myself.   jocolor

I almost wanted to put even more red arrows on that example screenshot, but then I reconsidered.  Haters gonna hate  

But please, no worries, you're most welcome! Have fun with the game (once you downloaded it), and don't forget to set up your Windows Defender & other antivirus exclusions correctly, before the download!

VoID2812 wrote:Ohhhh okay! Now it's working. Sorry. I usually download the torrent. This is the first time I've had to do the direct download. Thank you.

Nice! Yess, aye lieeke! Red star from Carlos
Facepalm  A big face Palm to me also. I am laughing so hard I'm new here.
grieralexander
grieralexander
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP
Discharged with Honors
G4TW RETIRED Helper / VIP Discharged with Honors

Windows version :
  • Windows 7

System architecture :
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : Sims 3; Sims 4; Assasins Creed; Rise of Nations; Age of Empires series; Titan Quest; Overlord

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 20 Nov 2019, 15:14

meari_k wrote:Hey there!
Thank you so much for the games, I've downloaded everything from here with no problems at all... to this day..  Oh my...

I think I did something stupid. I installed the university without first deleting the game folder. So, when I tried to launch the game, I clicked on the .exe file and not the 64.exe one. However, it launched normally, went on for like 15 seconds or so, and it suddenly stopped with no signs that it had launched whatsoever. Anyway, I deleted the game folder and re-installed it. And now, when i try to open the 64.exe, it notifies me that The Sims 4 is already running. Like whaaaaat, I don't get it.. 
I restarted the pc, I tried to stop it from running from the task manager, but it is nowhere to be found.. What am I supposed to do now? Does anyone have any idea at all? Please help meeee, I wanna play the sims soooo badly!  Why God. Why God.

P.S. My pc has all the requirements for the 64-bit version.

Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @meari_k,

Did you actually power OFF the computer? Because normally that will get rid of any "running programs" upon your next restart. Did you also check your task manager thoroughly? From top to bottom, and every tab?

I'm also uploading the upcoming G4TW repack for the Legacy Edition Patch, to GoogleDrive! Turns out that a lot of servers of my VPN (when Discover University came out) were having issues, but after they did another round of maintenance, everything is working as fine as always! So back to GoogleDrive again.

Happy B-day!
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Favourite games : The Sims 3, L.A. Noire, Saints Row, Red Faction, Team Fortress 2, Overwatch, PvZ: Garden Warfare, Call of Duty: Ghosts, GTA: San Andreas, Counter-Strike, Hitman, Borderlands, The Binding of Isaac, Government simulation & Military strategy games, S.W.A.T. 4, GTA Online, Red Dead Online, Chessmaster XI, Monster Hunter: World, Paint the Town Red, The Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny 2.

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Nov 2019, 15:21

I did everything you said, yes, but still nothing.. I'm running a system restore now, let's see how that goes.. If that's doesn't work either, GoogleDrive it is then! IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Thank you for your help!

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 20 Nov 2019, 15:33

meari_k wrote:I did everything you said, yes, but still nothing.. I'm running a system restore now, let's see how that goes.. If that's doesn't work either, GoogleDrive it is then! IAmSoHappyEmergahwd

Thank you for your help!

It might not help, but there is another trick:

Go under C:\Users\(your Windows account name)\Documents, and right-click => Properties => Security tab.

The Sims 4 - Discover University [VERSION 1.58.63.1010] - OUT NOW!!! - Page 10 27EzTfy

The Sims 4 - Discover University [VERSION 1.58.63.1010] - OUT NOW!!! - Page 10 NL1iGdc

Under the Security tab there, click on Edit, and see if it allows you to edit the permissions. Choose "Full control" => Allow. When you're done, click on "Apply" in the bottom right.

If that still does not help...I myself have been using the "SuperAdmin" account on Windows 10, for ages now. Never ever had any significant issues with these built-in Windows obstacles ("these measures are meant for security, we only have the best intentions for our Microsoft customers!" - unnamed Microsoft C-suite manager).
https://www.games4theworld.club/t32557-the-hidden-super-administrator-account-under-windows-10
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Nov 2019, 20:41

Thanks for the tip but I didn't even have to go through that. It was actually much much more simpler. All I had to do was reinstall realms of magic and then again Discover University ( the proper way this time  Oh my... ). And it worked like a charm! Yaaay!  Carlos is tha man!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 20 Nov 2019, 21:24

The_gh0stm4n wrote:
Hello and welcome to the G4TW Forums @prosperos-mistress too,

You don't need to re-install the stuff from here.

The first thing to check would be if your system requirements are up to the task:

Like I said, my game worked just fine before I tried installing this, and I have games other than the Sims that have greater requirements that work just fine as well.

Back to top Go down

Post by The_gh0stm4n Wed 20 Nov 2019, 21:32

prosperos-mistress wrote:Like I said, (...)

Some other things to consider if you haven't done them yet:
https://www.games4theworld.club/t33726-can-t-run-ts4-with-the-video-card-in-this-system-fix#
https://www.games4theworld.club/t21728-the-sims-4-crashes-freezes-lags-causes-shutdowns-possible-fixes

By any chance, if you go under Documents\Electronic Arts, do you see something like "The Sims 4 Temp [insert number here]"?

Also: I know what you have said. But as a routine procedure I am "just making sure", as we always do. If you say you "did everything", then all I can suggest is to try re-downloading with a different torrent client than the one you used before. qBittorrent, Tixati, Deluge, Transmission, are examples.

Or if you used the Direct download, try grabbing it again using a download manager program such as IDM or JDownloader2.

This would be a case for using that "Sims 4 validator", but since the website hosting it was taken down, we'll have to "roll" with the new changes.

Edit: I am also going to close this thread now, since we are getting too many stickied announcements otherwise. In case of any further problems or difficulties, please search existing threads under the Forum section The Sims 4 Support. Or alternatively, just open a new topic there. Good luck everybody, and have fun with the DLC (hopefully)! Smile
The_gh0stm4n
The_gh0stm4n

Windows version :
  • Windows 8
  • Windows 7
  • Windows XP
  • Windows 10

System architecture :
  • 32 bits (x86)
  • 64 bits (x64)

Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 10 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

View previous topic View next topic Back to top